Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

but hopefully when people are assessing each roster, they'll be able to look beyond that as "drawing power" existed long before Hulk Hogan

no it didnt;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Just made my pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Brody's a guy I was on the verge of picking but I don't think there's room on one roster for both Brody and Terry Funk! Brody's a great pick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think your not completely right there. It's fair to say that my roster mightn't end up being full of guys who drew in the WWE but hopefully when people are assessing each roster, they'll be able to look beyond that as "drawing power" existed long before Hulk Hogan, Austin etc....

I have Bruno Sammartino on my roster so I would particularly hope that people look at what came before Hogan but in general your roster has more of an air of technichal brilliance about it (your first pick set the tone)

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I have Bruno Sammartino on my roster so I would particularly hope that people look at what came before Hogan but in general your roster has more of an air of technichal brilliance about it (your first pick set the tone)

And what tone is my last pick setting?

Let everyone make their 10 picks and then assess.

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »

Vader was a massive draw in his day though. At one point he was holding major titles in Japan, Mexico and Europe at the same time. He was a big draw for WCW too, but in the WWF they ended up hurting his drawing power in the US. But then he went back to Japan and really helped All Japan make some big money again. He's one of the biggest worldwide draws there's ever been

Tiger Mask was a huge draw too, he was so big in Japan that they made a cartoon series based on him, after he had initially been based on a comic book character

I think I've hyped Vince's roster enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

MNG, I have an idea for the last round. I dunno how fair this is, but I think it would add a little bit of mystery to the final round. You know the way WWE has given two picks to the winner of the battle royal the last two years? I was thinking that after you draw the order you could put all the names back in a hat and pick out 5 names. These five names would get a choice. This is were I think it gets interesting. The five would get a choice of two picks with in the rules or one pick where they can pick a person who was not in WWE. E.g. Sting or Samoa Joe. I know this might be complicated, but I feel it'd be fun.

Jesus, I wasn't criticizing Vince's roster in the slightest, if anything it was a compliment. I was only looking for an example in the original post and Vince's was the first one that came to mind. Chillax

Minto wrote: »
    MNG, I have an idea for the last round. I dunno how fair this is, but I think it would add a little bit of mystery to the final round. You know the way WWE has given two picks to the winner of the battle royal the last two years? I was thinking that after you draw the order you could put all the names back in a hat and pick out 5 names. These five names would get a choice. This is were I think it gets interesting. The five would get a choice of two picks with in the rules or one pick where they can pick a person who was not in WWE. E.g. Sting or Samoa Joe. I know this might be complicated, but I feel it'd be fun.

Joe's wrestled on Heat a few times, he can be picked already. There's actually very few guys who we can't pick, apart from Sting, some TNA and indy wrestlers, and non-American wrestlers. I think there's already a wide enough choice that there's not much point in getting to pick wrestlers who never wrestled in WWE

Minto wrote: »

Have you been watching TNA lately?

Seriously, I don't mind how the last round is handled but to me the format is grand. I think as each round goes on, it gets more interesting as everyone has to dig around a little more.

Right now, I've more or less got 3 of my last 4 picks sorted.

By the way, everyone needs to read Fozzy's second last post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm a little lost. I didn't know we had to book a card at the end of this. I was just trying to get a load of guys that could work together over a long period of time, not a roster built for 1 blow off show.

I'm not saying doing 1 card is a bad idea but with only 10 picks, I think it's a little flawed.

Well the plan was always that at the end we'd have to give an insight into what feuds we'd prioritise and who would square off with who.

The card itself is only going to be 3 matches and it's mainly just a way to help people figure out what ideas you have for your brand.

If people like we could make the idea of putting together a card be optional but I think a lot of us were planning on detailing how they'd blow off their particular feuds, so personally I'd be in favour of everyone putting together some matches.
    Minto wrote:

I think that would be unfair on everyone else to be honest. As Fozzy touched upon, Sting seems to be the only significant name unavailable to us.

Great progress made today so far I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭ec18

Just made my pick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You clever bastid ec18! Nicely done, that must have taken some research! :D

wikipedia is your friend :D

ec18 wrote: »
    wikipedia is your friend :D

could just read Fozzy's post above, i feared someone would soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

could just read Fozzy's post above, i feared someone would soon

Do'h! I am failing left right and centre on here this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Nicely timed pick less than half hour after a post above by Fozzy mentioning Samoa Joes availability. Beat me to the punch. Damn

i had him in mind since i picked AJ it was either one of the tag teams or him this round and both tag teams i wanted are gone :(

It's getting very interesting and much more difficult now. I'm loving it. :pac:

seing as Spongey is online now, we might actually get through this round today. really have been a lot of picks so far

• Advertisement

I actually mentioned both Danielson and Joe in my first post on this thread, asking if guys like that who had worked tv matches or dark matches would be allowed. I'm surprised nobody picked him yet, it's worth checking to see if any big name TNA/indy guys had matches in WWE!

I think alot of people were actually holding off to see if people were going to start picking people who just had dark matches. I wanted AJ but I wasn't willing to be the first one to pick somebody who hadn't really wrestled in the WWE

had a feeling too cool or Scotty and Rikishi might go soon considering the lack of tag-teams left. If I wanted the big Kish as part of a tag team woulda picked himself and Haku myself. 3 left in this round

I would have went for Too Cool as in Scotty and the Grandmaster. They were in my thoughts because I loved that tag team when I was younger. Rikishi's pretty good though I suppose.

Edit: Just saw Bubs' pick. Really good pick. I had Chyna in my thoughts (never thought I'd hear myself say that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Great progress today, hopefully the last 2 will be online this evening so we can get going on number 7.

I have a good idea who i will pick next. He will be there if I get a low number, doubtful if I get anything outside top 5 Id say.

Cool just one pick to go now. Here's hoping Danger Dave pops in later and we can crack on to Round 7.

Any chance you could make the draw tonight for tommorow even if he doesn't pop in? Really think I'm due a slot in the top 10 of the draw

Well I see his name on the board right now so assuming he picks we'll see the draw soon.

I'll be getting a bite to eat in a few minutes but it should be done by around 8:30 to 9:00 at the latest if Dave picks soon. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Well I see his name on the board right now so assuming he picks we'll see the draw soon.

I'll be getting a bite to eat in a few minutes but it should be done by around 8:30 to 9:00 at the latest if Dave picks soon. :cool:

Jeez 30 or so mins after the last pick is not bad !,

P.S i hate Dez_warlock for pick T&A ! :mad:

• Advertisement

first womens division though might make up for you not having Trish manage Test & Albert.

Advertisement