Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

had a feeling too cool or Scotty and Rikishi might go soon considering the lack of tag-teams left. If I wanted the big Kish as part of a tag team woulda picked himself and Haku myself. 3 left in this round

Thought about Haku but know they werent tagging for too long so wasnt sure if they'd be aloud. Also went for Rikishi ahead of Grand Master Sexay more for his singles ability

This Round went very quickly. Happy Days

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well done everyone on the speedy completion of Round 6. According to my calculations, ten of us have already reached the 2 tag teams limit and one of us has reached the 2 females limit. Things should get very interesting as the game reaches its conclusion. Right then, let us commence Round 7.

* SEVENTH ROUND DRAFT ORDER *

1. justbringit89...Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, Sabu, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Mr Kennedy, Carlito & Santino,
    2. Spongey1975...Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, New Age Outlaws, Lex Luger, Pedro Morales, Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty
    3. Bubs101...Randy Savage, Bruno Sammartino, Steiner Brothers, Sycho Sid, Pat Patterson, Chyna,
    4. callaway92...The Road Warriors, Rey Mysterio, Booker T, William Regal, Fabulous Moolah, Marty Jannetty,
    5. michael.etc...Andre the Giant, Goldberg, Rick Rude, Rick Martel & Tito Santana, Paul Orndorff, The Wild Samoans,
    6. Danger Dave...Chris Jericho, Batista, Dudley Boyz, Trish Stratus, Sergeant Slaughter, Molly Holly,
    7. orestes...Mick Foley, Lance Storm, Vince McMahon, Brian Pillman, Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn, Bob Holly & X-Pac,
    8. Fozzy...Kerry Von Erich, Terry Funk, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham & Mike Rotunda (IRS), Jushin Liger, Bryan Danielson,
    9. KKV...The Undertaker, Curt Hennig, Big Boss Man and Bull Buchanan, Honky Tonk Man, Earthquake & Typhoon, Melina,
    10. Jayhaitch2...Kurt Angle, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett, JBL, Scott Hall, Ken Shamrock, Mickie James,
    11. Furious-Red...Chris Benoit, Jeff Hardy, Paul London & Brian Kendrick, Bobby Lashley, Finlay, Frankie Kazarian,
    12. Vince135792003...The British Bulldogs, Vader, Jerry Lawler, Tiger Mask, Jim Cornette, Bruiser Brody,
    13. RebelRockChick...Ric Flair, The Fabulous Freebirds, Dusty Rhodes, Demolition, Superstar Billy Graham, Jesse Ventura,
    14. dez_warlock...Stone Cold Steve Austin, Rob Van Dam, Rhino & Tajiri, Lita, Mike Awesome, Test & Albert,
    15. ec18...The Rock, Edge, Christian, AJ Styles, Sunny, Samoa Joe,
    16. gimmick...Ted Dibiase, Ricky Steamboat, Matt Hardy & MVP, Harley Race, Bam Bam Bigelow, Jamie Noble & Kid Kash,
    17. Minto...Triple H, Randy Orton, Bobby Heenan, Shane McMahon, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jr, Stephanie McMahon,
    18. Bounty Hunter...Hulk Hogan, John Cena, Yokozuna, Jimmy Snuka, Tazz & Raven, Don Muraco & Bob Orton,
    19. Mr.Nice Guy...Bret Hart, Roddy Piper, Kane, CM Punk, Rock 'n' Roll Express, The Rougeau Brothers,
    20. b.ie curious...Jake Roberts, Ultimate Warrior, Big Show, Bob Backlund, DDP, Al Snow & Steve Blackman,

Fozzy please do the usual cut & paste job on the above. Can't say I'm a fan of this particular draw but them's the breaks! justbringit89 and Spongey will kick things off in this round.

All the best and Happy Pickings. :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

BOO Earns!

BOO Earns!

Tell me about it! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I shouldn't complain really, given my luck so far, but I will anyway. Boo hiss.

Hopefully this round goes as quick as 6, but given its the weekend, its unlikely.

Going to be interesting from here on in, given all the big picks are pretty much gone. Its down to knowledge of mid carders and low carders with unused potential at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i was kinda hoping to be in the top 10 but 11 is ok since i have moved up 7 spaces from last round.

Good pick Spongey. As gimmick said, mid-carders will be important now and I think heel ones especially. Morrisson is a good pick in that area definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Could you not have got The Miz free though? or Joey Mercury?

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Could you not have got The Miz free though? or Joey Mercury?

No because since the WWE regards the ECW title as a world championship we decided to do so as well and thus he was ineligible.

nah all WWE, heavyweight or WWECW champions (inc former) cant be included in tag-teams and Morrison is a former ECW champion. woulda went a few rounds ago otherwise methinks.

Bubs will probably take the MIz in Rd10 anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Bubs will probably take the MIz in Rd10 anyway

I was actually going to take Morrison now and then take the Miz in round 9 so now I have had to make and abrupt change of plan. I'll post my pick soon

wow didnt actually know you were next just being a bit of a cheeky fecker as you seem to be Miz's Boards.ie one man fan club. Or atleast you were im sure he's gaining popularity now

In all seriousness, The Miz has the potential to be brilliant. He is by a mile the best midcarder on the mic at the moment and he is starting to improve in the ring and pick up some signiture moves (like that turnbuckle clothesline thing). All they need are a decent tag team for him and Morrison to feud with. I also think he has a great future as a color commentator.

Anyway, I'm more than happy with my pick. Can't see anybody else having a womens division that could match mine

gotta agree both Chyna and Gail Kim were top of my list for my female pick/s now tbh ive no idea who to pick.

id say a lot of people are starting to agree with you on the Miz too, he's proving you right although nobody believed you at the start about how good he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

spongey has two tag teams already, he wouldn't have been able to get Miz and Morrison even if Morrison hadn't been ECW champ

Miz has improved a lot, but there was no indication early on that he would

Bubs, I think there have been a few Asian women involved in American wrestling since Kaientai. There was Kenzo Suzuki's wife, Jade Chung in ROH, Kimona Wanalaya in WCW, and I think that there were a couple in the Nitro Girls. Just to set the record straight :pac:

Wow.. people are really trying to screw the rules aren't they?

TNA guys that barely walked into a WWE arena are getting picked... tut tut tut...

Wow.. people are really trying to screw the rules aren't they?

TNA guys that barely walked into a WWE arena are getting picked... tut tut tut...

I don't see it as screwing with the rules, it was a question I asked on the second page of this thread. The rule is that if they've wrestled a match on a WWE show then they're legal. Joe and Kaz have probably wrestled more WWE matches than the Freebirds or Brody!

Fozzy wrote: »
    I don't see it as screwing with the rules, it was a question I asked on the second page of this thread. The rule is that if they've wrestled a match on a WWE show then they're legal. Joe and Kaz have probably wrestled more WWE matches than the Freebirds or Brody!

I guess thats true. But it juts seems odd.

I'm not entirely sure why people are picking TNA guys anyway, to be honest. There are still some decent WWE picks out there.

I'm not entirely sure why people are picking TNA guys anyway, to be honest. There are still some decent WWE picks out there.

I know. I've still got five guys left on my list from my third or fourth round pick! I don't know if people should be looking at recent midcarders just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,462 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Bout to copy and paste up my choice now ladies..

• Advertisement

Good pick, callaway. Chavo is a fine wrestler.
    Fozzy wrote:
    I've still got five guys left on my list from my third or fourth round pick! I don't know if people should be looking at recent midcarders just yet

Yeah I agree. There's at least one guy that hasn't been picked yet who I'd say is main event standard. I don't think he'd fit in with my roster but he'd be good for a few people I think.

Yeah I agree. There's at least one guy that hasn't been picked yet who I'd say is main event standard. I don't think he'd fit in with my roster but he'd be good for a few people I think.

But I think that there is a problem that some of the rosters only have main eventers. I would consider at least 4 of my guys as Main eventers and that might be enough for most rosters. After all, if you are going to put Main eventers in the secondary belt fight alot of people may feel more comfortable with a midcarder who's good in the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Looking at the rosters right now, to me there's about 5 that look balanced in terms of putting on an event with heels/faces that would naturally fit in a feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭ec18

which five?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

ec18 wrote: »
    which five?

It wouldn't be fair to say (I probably shouldn't have said anything but being vague can be fun!).

I'd put your roster in the 5 I was talking about though in that at least up until this point, there's some really obvious matches you can make that make sense and would hypthetically draw.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i hate you bubs i was gonna pick gail as my next pick ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh once again gotta go back to the drawing board

Bah. Still no progress? :mad: The dreaded weekend blues come into play once again.

I just hope michael's around by 4 o'clock tomorrow or he's gonna lose a pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

No. 20? Looks like its Funaki for me.

No. 20? Looks like its Funaki for me.

Not if I get him first! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Fozzy wrote: »
    Not if I get him first! :p
    INDEED!

Advertisement