Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica - Death Magnetic.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Wait, what ?

Wait what where?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Wait what where?

I think what he's asking is " why are you in this forum so?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I love the new Metallica album. These guys are great. Anyone else think so?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

MooseJam wrote: »
    well aparantly they used to encourage their fans to bootleg in the early days

They encouraged fan to bootleg concerts and still do although not as publicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

buck65 wrote: »
    I love the new Metallica album. These guys are great. Anyone else think so?

Yes, screw the haters. Being a Metallica fan Im well used to it.:P

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure this is the 'making of' DVD which came as part of the Death Magnetic coffin set. I myself like many others didnt purchase the coffin set so starting from 'That Was Just Your Life' in the following link, this is the making of 'Death Magnetic'

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owRcC0WBJx8&NR=1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Rockee wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this is the 'making of' DVD which came as part of the Death Magnetic coffin set. I myself like many others didnt purchase the coffin set so starting from 'That Was Just Your Life' in the following link, this is the making of 'Death Magnetic'

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owRcC0WBJx8&NR=1
    Wow, even though it's a youtube vid, the quality of the music is much better than the album!! Sounds fúcking awesome!

Wow, even though it's a youtube vid, the quality of the music is much better than the album!! Sounds fúcking awesome!

Argh!! Death to Pro-Tools etc :P Yeah some funny clips in there too..James' Judas Kiss dance..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Btw meaning to ask this but does anyone else think that the vocals are seriously let down by the lack of backing vocals on the record. If you think about the last few albums they have been done the vocals (bar St.Anger of course) have sounded great with extra layers. Now i guess Rubin said to them if you cant do it live then dont bother recording it but some songs are just BEGGING to have layered vocals on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Christ, 70 pages about this album, I guess my thoughts on it have probably already all been discussed to death at this point!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It would be a shame to let this thread die.

I'm listening to this now - it's awesome.

Bye

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=aQrdXxDsHec&feature=related

First part of a really cool interview with the little Dane. I think he clears up one or two things..particularly in Part 2. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Diceicle wrote: »
    Metallica have been on a downward slide since 1991. The Black album is the last decent thing they've released thats 17 years ago!!! Now don't get me wrong, I still love alot of Metallicas early stuff and would like nothing better than them to come back with a juggernaut of an album and show some of the younger bands how to do it, but a few nice riffs do not a good song make. They're purely living off their back-catalog and cashing in on that fact, I mean, who actually shells out their hard earned cash to go see Metallica(sh) play King Nothing or St Anger ? I'll tell ya who. No one.

Despite you bursting just a lot of kids bubbles I have to say that I agree completely with you. I have seen Metallica 4 times, and I'm going to them a further time in Sheffield next Feb, and being honest....I am paying to hear the classics rather than a rendition of ANYTHING from St Anger or Death Magnetic. Ill tolerate some songs from Load and Reload, because they are a valid part of Metallica's experimental history, but these last two albums have just been sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Despite you bursting just a lot of kids bubbles I have to say that I agree completely with you. I have seen Metallica 4 times, and I'm going to them a further time in Sheffield next Feb, and being honest....I am paying to hear the classics rather than a rendition of ANYTHING from St Anger or Death Magnetic. Ill tolerate some songs from Load and Reload, because they are a valid part of Metallica's experimental history, but these last two albums have just been sad.

If you listen to the start of "Frantic" from the O2 London Gig, last September, you will hear James refer to St Anger as the "Much Loved Album". They know what we say, and they clearly listen.

Having seen Metallica on 6 occasions, and have seen all the classics, with the exception of Dyers Eve, Am I Evil, hit The Lights, and Motorbreath, I know what I want from my London gig next March. That is, a few tracks from DM, one more from St Anger, one Load and one Reload, and less black album. I love their shows. I enjoy watching them play "Fade To Black", "Crerping Death", "Seek and Destroy", "Sanatarium", and Sad But True. However, I have seen them so often now, that there is no longer the same need to hear them. If they can add a few more "strings to my Metallica Bow", I would be very greatful

Will they just god damn learn Frayed Ends of Sanity already and play it one of the best songs they ever recorded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 scumbag sqpants

Stev_o wrote: »
    Will they just god damn learn Frayed Ends of Sanity already and play it one of the best songs they ever recorded.

They've played it before

They've played it before

They never played Fixxer (as far as im aware)

They've played it before

Nope they have never played it in full only 2 minutes of it

And used the riff in those huge Justice melody's

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Het-Field wrote: »
    They never played Fixxer (as far as im aware)

they done a 2 minute jam of it in '99 at the point.:cool:

lord lucan wrote: »

That wasnt enough !!!

• Advertisement

Apparently, the next single off DM is "All Nightmare Long". Exclusively released in Europe, there will be 3 CDs, with "Unreleased Extras" and a Misic Video.

Looking forward to this !!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Oooh, I think they're putting Shine on that single :D Excellent. Can't wait to hear ANL live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Het-Field wrote: »
    Apparently, the next single off DM is "All Nightmare Long". Exclusively released in Europe, there will be 3 CDs, with "Unreleased Extras" and a Misic Video.

Looking forward to this !!!

I heard about that. Im looking forward to it, although I hope its not just songs from Death Magnetic live, I hope its songs from ...Justice live. I say that because there's only so many times "Creeping Death" live can be a B Side and its pretty much wasting the chance to have B Sides if you do not include something special:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

finally got my hands on the guitar hero version of the album. the drums are a lot clearer for sure, but it won't stop me chucking on the CD and cranking it!

lord lucan wrote: »

2 minute Fixxxer jam?? Hmm..I was sober at that gig and cant remember it!:confused: Dang

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Solid album like a stuffed chicken, roast potatoes and some peas. Its pretty good, but the guitars sound very samey and overdriven, I prefer the chunkier yet breathier sound they had on RTL and MOP. The snare sound is ok but a little bit dominating, I didn't mind the snare on St. Anger, I like that bell sound. The snare on MOP is a bit chattery. Lars drums sounded best on RTL. Overall DM is a return to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Ok, i know you didnt just say you liked the snare on st.anger!!!!:O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 vedd44

st anger!ha but seriously this i a pretty impressive album from metallica, infact i would say its a great album, i know alot of people have worries about bands that have been around for so long releasing new albums, but i think metallica is still on form with this album, hell of alot better than st. anger anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ger8150

Man, that album is a joke. Dont know what all the fuss was about in the first place when this was the result. They should pack it in before they destroy their legacy any further.

On that note cant wait to see Megadeth next Feb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

Ger8150 wrote: »
    Man, that album is a joke. Dont know what all the fuss was about in the first place when this was the result. They should pack it in before they destroy their legacy any further.

On that note cant wait to see Megadeth next Feb.

Thank god someone else out their has sense

Advertisement