Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica - Death Magnetic.

1323334353638»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'd like it more if the guitars didn't sound so samey
    kbannon wrote: »
    ...and drums so tinney and some solos...
    The solos were a step in the right direction imo, back to the more exploratory style prior to when Hammet went all bluesy. The drums were a bit lame though, the snare is wrong again, its too round and still has a barrel-ish sound.
    kbannon wrote: »
    what solos?
    I thought we were still talking about St. Anger - I had meant, what solos (in St. Anger)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Listening to St. Anger, it can't be the worst metal album ever, its sounds like regurgitation but its still listenable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Listening to Load atm, and I have to say it's one hell of an album. Totally under-rated.

I love the album ! Some real classics. Its a shame that it is so underrated !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Het-Field wrote: »
    I love the album ! Some real classics. Its a shame that it is so underrated !

Indeed

Outlaw torn is probably my fave post 1990 metallica song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I know we have an "everything Metallica" thread, however, I feel this is a more appropriate thread to post this on.

In several hours time the "World Magnetic Tour" will come to an end in Melbourne. Over 180 Shows were played all over the World. Save for China, Africa (which got two shows on one of the warm up tours), and India, Metallica travelled to every nook and cranny rocking out with all sorts of suprises. For the first time Metallica even managed to share a stage with the other members of the Big Four. Save for a few songs, and the guts of St Anger, almost every part of the back catalogue was played. Further, the entirety of Death Magnetic was played on the tour.

I believe the entire Death Magnetic experience has been very positive from a Metallica, and Metallica fan's perspective. Most of us saw them once, and many more of us saw them on a plurality of occasions. The record itself was decent, and I believe several of the songs of the album will become part of future Metallica setlists.

I would just like to offer my gratitude to Metallica for the Death Magnetic experience ! FIngers crossed the next album will be better, faster, louder, and that we shall get a rocking tour in the not too distant future !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Excellent post but this has also been posted on the Metallica thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Het-Field wrote: »
    I know we have an "everything Metallica" thread, however, I feel this is a more appropriate thread to post this on.

In several hours time the "World Magnetic Tour" will come to an end in Melbourne. Over 180 Shows were played all over the World. Save for China, Africa (which got two shows on one of the warm up tours), and India, Metallica travelled to every nook and cranny rocking out with all sorts of suprises. For the first time Metallica even managed to share a stage with the other members of the Big Four. Save for a few songs, and the guts of St Anger, almost every part of the back catalogue was played. Further, the entirety of Death Magnetic was played on the tour.

I believe the entire Death Magnetic experience has been very positive from a Metallica, and Metallica fan's perspective. Most of us saw them once, and many more of us saw them on a plurality of occasions. The record itself was decent, and I believe several of the songs of the album will become part of future Metallica setlists.

I would just like to offer my gratitude to Metallica for the Death Magnetic experience ! FIngers crossed the next album will be better, faster, louder, and that we shall get a rocking tour in the not too distant future !

hell yes I agree.

If they make a new album it will be their 10th studio album. Anyone think it'll be their last?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Riddle101 wrote: »
    If they make a new album it will be their 10th studio album. Anyone think it'll be their last?

Barring cover albums, live albums, demo releases, compilations or "exclusive mix" albums and guest spot's on other peoples work (not to mention soundtrack recording appearances) I think you might find that the 10th album will not be Metallica's last - but I suspect after the 10th, while the touring may continue, the releases will get more sporadic

In fact, if you believe that they say, they have enough material unreleased for two albums after the Death Magnetic sessions - these will see release if, after the 10th album, there isn't a studio release for a while. They will always have something to release, even if it's just unfinished jamming material.

Advertisement