Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

newboarder wrote: »
    Hey guy's,

I passed the AC and have a middle of the road merit placing plus i have sent my vetting forms off so im hoping i get a medical date!

What does the eyesight test consist of?
    I need to wear my glasses for driving and im starting to freak myself out that my eyesight will let me down if or when im called for a medical.

Any info is greatly appreciated :)

You only have to be able to read the first two lines without corrective lenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sharan

Anyone have the number that I can phone re medical? just want to double check they have the right address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 king_eric

If you have mild asthma will they fail you for that even if you can run and are very active etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭catweasel10

sharan wrote: »
    Anyone have the number that I can phone re medical? just want to double check they have the right address

PMed you!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭catweasel10

king_eric wrote: »
    If you have mild asthma will they fail you for that even if you can run and are very active etc?

A friend of mine got in, even though they have asthma, so it's not unheard of, but I don't know if you would need documentation to say that it's under control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

king_eric wrote: »

No, as long as you pass the lung function test and your asthma is well controlled (as per your MHQ) you won't fail the medical because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lucky23

delancey42 wrote: »
    WooHooo ! Finally got my medical papers - thought they would never come.

Congrats Delancy42, i'm still waiting but hoping it'll come soon, getting fed up checking the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

Got news today I passed my medical :) only did it this week super fast turn around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 zzz101z

B182 wrote: »
    Got news today I passed my medical :) only did it this week super fast turn around

That was quick... im still waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I was reading all the stuff OHW send out with the MHQ and Medical invite and was interested to learn that while the BMI limit for males is 30 , for females it is 29.

• Advertisement

Did not read that myself.

I guess it is due to the fact men naturally carry more muscle mass than women and therefore a greater percentage of their weight is useful muscle as opposed to useless fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mal85

1986j wrote: »
    Did not read that myself.

I guess it is due to the fact men naturally carry more muscle mass than women and therefore a greater percentage of their weight is useful muscle as opposed to useless fat.

you havent seen the state of me then lol

Ha, you would be surprised. Thats the reason why most women can place their palm flat on their shoulder (right hand right shoulder etc) and men cannot. Biceps inherently bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 okies

Can someone PM the number for the medical department? Been told by the appointments office I've been forwarded to them for the last two months and am still waiting :-/ If anyone has the number for the vetting department that would be great also :)

I'll PM you the e-mail details for vetting ( they don't appreciate phone calls ).
    Alas I have no phone number for OHW - they used to have it on all their correspondence but I guess they got driven mental by folks here phoning them !

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Hey folks, can some anyone clarify something for me? There is mention hear on this thread about appealing your medical result, but I don't understand how you can appeal the decision, I mean if your BMI comes back over 30, how can you appeal that? Totally confused by that to be honest :o

• Registered Users Posts: 39 SJAG

Hey folks, can some anyone clarify something for me? There is mention hear on this thread about appealing your medical result, but I don't understand how you can appeal the decision, I mean if your BMI comes back over 30, how can you appeal that? Totally confused by that to be honest :o

so say you have a medical condition, you may be failed on it. however it may be a condition which you view to be not prohibitive to the role and functions of a psni officer then you have the option of appeal.

if your bmi is over 30 then you will be given the option of completing circuit and push pull i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 SJAG

I also received medical date, happy to have got it. Now and anxious time til i get it over me....

That would be great about the BMI, slightly worried about that myself. Can anyone confirm this please?

That would be great about the BMI, slightly worried about that myself. Can anyone confirm this please?

Yes , if failed on BMI then you automatically are offered the PCA test - pass that and the failed medical is set aside.

• Advertisement

Yes , if failed on BMI then you automatically are offered the PCA test - pass that and the failed medical is set aside.

Thanks for that, do you attempt the PCA on the day of the medical or at a latter date?

No , PCA is at different date and location.OHW write out with the details.

No , PCA is at different date and location.OHW write out with the details.

So that would delay your application yeah?

If one were fortunate enough to have cleared Vetting then yes it would be a delay of several weeks , if vetting is still ongoing then it makes squat all difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lushguy57

Posted a comment a while back there, didnt get a reply.

not being rude, just curious about the answer

thanks

So are medicals still going ahead? I passed ist and ac, recieved the standard letters from deloitte yet no word on vetting or medicals.

Is it safe to say I won't be getting a medical or start vetting until the freeze is lifted??

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

lushguy57 wrote: »
    Posted a comment a while back there, didnt get a reply.

not being rude, just curious about the answer

thanks

So are medicals still going ahead? I passed ist and ac, recieved the standard letters from deloitte yet no word on vetting or medicals.

Is it safe to say I won't be getting a medical or start vetting until the freeze is lifted??

Thanks

Meds & vetting are still ongoing.

But there are people, like you and I, who have not received any of these forms.

Why? Your guess is as good as mine. maybe we are not high enough up the merit list or we did the AC last. But who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

Ok just to update Medical date received so things are still rolling slowly but surely:

IST: Start of March
    IST Results: Mid April
    AC: End of June
    AC results: End of June
    Vetting: Submitted End July
    Medical Date: Early October

Does anyone know who to contact to see if you are still on the list to be called for a medical?

When I got AC result they said I had been forwarded for medical and from what i've read on here people were getting called for medical roughly by the date they did their AC but now it's people who did their AC after me are getting called and i've still no word. So I want to check if a medical invite letter has been sent in the post and possibly got lost? Or if I just have to wait a bit more!?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 15 numpty80

I wouldn't worry -AC beginning of June, vetting sent off - also June -- but no medical :(

• Advertisement

numpty80 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry -AC beginning of June, vetting sent off - also June -- but no medical :(

Dead on, guess i'm just needlessly trying to do something rather than wait. This application process is crap

Advertisement