Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Rules - October 24th (Perth) and October 31st (Melbourne)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Anarking wrote: »
    Aussie Rules is rubbish and International Rules is rubbish because it takes the worst parts of Aussie Rules and adds them to proper football.

The worst parts being Australians.

OooHHHH!!!

Is this the first bit of aggro on the AFL forum???!!

/sits back, grabs popcorn and opens new beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Anarking

Xavi6 wrote: »
    And the of course the poor little defenceless leprechauns did nothing to provoke them?

An Australian could start a fight in an empty room.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

An Australian could start a fight in an empty room.

Just like Dublin and Tyrone players so.

As a matter of interest how many AFL games have you watched to base that particular opinion on?

Just like Dublin and Tyrone players so.

As a matter of interest how many AFL games have you watched to base that particular opinion on?

I see so you're clearly well informed on the subject. Excellent, we can have a cracking debate with examples and everything.

So what you're saying is that the Australians bring nothing but thuggery to the party while the Irish bring all the flair and skill? Interesting.

It begs the question though, if the Australians are nothing more than bullies how is it that their kicking etc is quite often better than Irish even though they only use that shape of ball once a year? I would presume it would take some skill to be able to adapt.

• Advertisement

It begs the question though, if the Australians are nothing more than bullies how is it that their kicking etc is quite often better than Irish even though they only use that shape of ball once a year? I would presume it would take some skill to be able to adapt.

Its not hard to kick the ball past an opposition player when one of you're mouth breathing team mates has just hospitlized him.

Its not hard to kick the ball past an opposition player when one of you're mouth breathing team mates has just hospitlized him.

PMSL seriously?!

Ok so from your knowledge of the AFL can you tell me why GAA is so vastly superior in terms of both skill level and discipline?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Boca

....you're mouth breathing team mates has just hospitlized him.

:confused::confused::confused:

Translation anyone?

Or should I say tranzlation?

Ok so from your knowledge of the AFL can you tell me why GAA is so vastly superior in terms of both skill level and discipline?

It doesnt have as many Australians playing it.

Boca wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:

Translation anyone?

Or should I say tranzlation?

Im sorry, you're gonna have to get someone else to translate it into Moron for you, I dont speak it.

• Advertisement

Anarking banned for personal abuse and not heeding a previous warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Boca

Im sorry, you're gonna have to get someone else to translate it into Moron for you, I dont speak it.

Ahhh, personal insults, well done. :rolleyes:

You've had plenty of time to put forward a decent argument to support your initial post, so far you've given us nothing (well, apart from bad spelling and grammer).

Do us a favour, go away and see if you can come up with a proper argument and maybe we can have a real debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

anyone got anymore details ref venue?

looking to head over what flights costing lads?

Flying from Ireland? Could be pretty expensive.

Games are being held at the 43,000 capacity Subiaco Oval in Perth and the 100,000 capacity MCG in Melbourne.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

If the MCG gets a reasonable crowd for this it would be amazing - 100,000 screaming fans is a sound to be reckoned with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fingal hoop

as someone who has lived in queensland , i agree with the queenslanders- AFL is for pussys who arent tough enough for league

as someone who has lived in queensland , i agree with the queenslanders- AFL is for pussys who arent tough enough for league

So what does that make Irish people who play GAA which is less tough than AFL and have also failed to embrace the 'wonder' that is League?

So what does that make Irish people who play GAA which is less tough than AFL and have also failed to embrace the 'wonder' that is League?

i have no interest in GAA so wouldnt care to speculate- all i know is that the average bloke in queensland & new south wales looks down on AFL players as they play a pussy sport

i have no interest in GAA so wouldnt care to speculate- all i know is that the average bloke in queensland & new south wales looks down on AFL players as they play a pussy sport

Fair enough, every sport has its critics. I wonder what there opinion is of soccer players if that's what they think of the footy.

Fair enough, every sport has its critics. I wonder what there opinion is of soccer players if that's what they think of the footy.

why do you care so much about their views on otehr sports:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

why do you care so much about their views on otehr sports:rolleyes:

I don't particularly. Same way I don't really care about their views on AFL.

Personally I think League is a load of boring put-your-head-down-and-run **** so as I said, every sport has its critics.

Tiddlywinks ftw.

I don't particularly. Same way I don't really care about their views on AFL.

Personally I think League is a load of boring put-your-head-down-and-run **** so as I said, every sport has its critics.

you obviously do though as you keep making half witted attempts to defend it

its laughable that you somehow make AFL to be a tough mans sport when I know for a fact that most sports fans in NSW & Queensland look down on it as a game for pussys & thats why GAYFL will never take off in those states

you obviously do though as you keep making half witted attempts to defend it

Yes I barely slept last night because the rugger buggers haven't embraced AFL :rolleyes:

Sure League isn't even the best rugby code nevermind anything else.
    its laughable that you somehow make AFL to be a tough mans sport when I know for a fact that most sports fans in NSW & Queensland look down on it as a game for pussys & thats why GAYFL will never take off in those states

So League is a tough man's sport and everything else is for gays?

NSW and Queensland both have a fairly strong presence in the AFL with the Swans and the Lions. Indeed, Queensland are so interested now in the game that there are plans to put a 17th league team on the Gold Coast. If the state wasn't interested in the game can you explain to me why the AFL would do this?

Yes I barely slept last night because the rugger buggers haven't embraced AFL :rolleyes:

Sure League isn't even the best rugby code nevermind anything else.

So League is a tough man's sport and everything else is for gays?

NSW and Queensland both have a fairly strong presence in the AFL with the Swans and the Lions. Indeed, Queensland are so interested now in the game that there are plans to put a 17th league team on the Gold Coast. If the state wasn't interested in the game can you explain to me why the AFL would do this?

they will have to bring players in to play though - GAYFL will never be popular in NSW or Queensland

they will have to bring players in to play though - GAYFL will never be popular in NSW or Queensland

As much as I appreciate your obviously well informed opinion I beg to differ considering that it is already popular in the region, hence the 17th team on the Gold Coast.

please give it a rest - you bore me

Simple answer then - stay out of the thread :rolleyes:

You have to ask the question why would someone who hates AFL visit the AFL forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Any idea of how you'd go about organising tickets for this. Will probably be flying into Melbourne for my year out in mid-october, seems like a great time to be hitting the place as regards sporting events (Int Rules, Rugby League WC, Melbourne Cup).

Cheers.

Advertisement