Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

really?! well I suppose skangers wouldn't be outta the scratcher when breakfast is being served...
    I guess I just see them all the time when I bring my kids to the matinee's.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

kormak wrote: »
    really?! well I suppose skangers wouldn't be outta the scratcher when breakfast is being served...
    I guess I just see them all the time when I bring my kids to the matinee's.

A bit harsh to call your kids skangers no?!?!?! :D

Sorry!

I was in the restaurant inside the front gates of An Grianan recently, their all day breakie is €9.95 too, egg, sausages, rashers, b&w pud, beans, tomato, hash brown, toast, tea/coffee and orange juice, all quite yummy! Others in the group had soup, sausage rolls, toasted brie with onion marmalade, only good comments heard!

Lollymcd wrote: »
    A bit harsh to call your kids skangers no?!?!?! :D

Sorry!

I was in the restaurant inside the front gates of An Grianan recently, their all day breakie is €9.95 too, egg, sausages, rashers, b&w pud, beans, tomato, hash brown, toast, tea/coffee and orange juice, all quite yummy! Others in the group had soup, sausage rolls, toasted brie with onion marmalade, only good comments heard!

Ah stop! sure i'm always telling them not to be drinking dutch gold on the street and wearing their caps peaked upwards!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

just went to mi casa with 3 kids for lunch... 2 kids got lasagne and chip, other child got cod goujons and mash- each with apple juice and a gingerbread cookie for afterwards (€5 each kid) i had yummy slimming world chicken curry with rice and a coffee and diet coke... whole lot came to €24:eek: really impressed and clean plates all round

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Why did I read that in Pat Short's voice?

That was the intention. :D

Never seen any TBH, few people from the bookies. Ive seen more Guards getting breakfast than I have skangers.

Not surprised at your ability to spot the gards about. :pac:;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Yogic

Xeroid wrote: »
    Had lunch here last Sunday.Went for the roast lamb , not my favorite but it was delicious.No issues with waiting time or service. FYI it's worth trying the beer paddle to sample the beers on tap.
    Damn you and you beer paddle Xeroid :-)
    Went again on Monday , had a great meal and there was a great accoustic band on . Anyway sitting there after a great meal ( again ) and a few pints and suddenly I remembered your '' Beer Paddle '' suggestion . . . . The remainder of the evening / stroke early morning remains hazy .
    Great place though it really is , service was still a bit slow but we were very chilled and not too fussed ( I was too busy reading the Dandy Annual that the menus were presented in ):D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Went to the Eastern Seaboard for the first time two days ago. Wasn't what i expected at all, interior wise. Quite liked the minimalistic elements. Food was good. Had a steak sandwhich which was a bit tough but brother had a burger which looked awesome, and I want to go back now to try it :P

The burger there is AM-A-ZING! Next time tell them you want the steak sambo a little more done than usual, I found it makes it more easy to pull apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

haven't seen Roma mentioned here, they have specials on from monday to thursday, some are €3 and some are €5.

The amount of food you get is unreal, the chips are fantastic and you could get two peoples dinner outta the one special, great value and yummy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shanod

Anyone recommend a nice restaurant in town that do takeaways? (preferably an Italian at reasonable enough prices!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

I think the only Italian restaurant that does deliveries is Sorrento's in Shop St. I could be wrong tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭furiousox

Borzalino & Antica Toscana have online take away menus too.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

CMpunked wrote: »
    Copper kettle is where I started to go for brekkie after bias standards seemed to take a slide.
    Very friendly staff and lovely food.
    They've recently added an Xtra large breakfast to the menu:
    2 eggs, 2 bacon, 3 sausages, 2 white puds,beans, mushrooms, tomato, toast/brown bread, tea or coffee and chips all for 9.95!

Burkes used to be great too which is only a few doors up (both on Peter street opposite Laurence's shopping centre) but not sure if they open on a Sunday.

Bizou is another option but for the price the breakfast isn't worth it. I think it's pretty much half of what CK do for the same price.
    Great, thank you - Bizou seems to open on Sundays so I'll try there. :)

positron wrote: »
    Oh that Copper Kettle! Last time I was there was back in 2005, and I thought it was a bit congested up there, but never mind, popular place perhaps, but then I ordered my full breakfast I specifically asked them to not to give me any pudding (not a big fan of that stuff), and what do they do, they gave me FOUR of them! Never been back there since that day - however, that was a loooooong time ago, so may be they deserve another chance.

Try Relish if you fancy working up an appetite walking all the way to South Gate.
    Do you know if they open on Sundays? I can't see their opening hours on their website. The new one in the Highlanes definitely doesn't open on Sunday, but maybe the other one does.

Xeroid wrote: »
    I would try the Kitchen, just for the pot of Campbells tea alone. Not sure of opening times on Sunday. Just down the steps beside Bia then left passed Eddie Rockets.
    The Kitchen is definitely on my lunch / dinner list... looks great.

Do you know if they open on Sundays? I can't see their opening hours on their website. The new one in the Highlanes definitely doesn't open on Sunday, but maybe the other one does.

They do. I was up there just this Sunday for a piece of gorgeous white choc cheesecake. Mmmmm. *homer drool*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

CMpunked wrote: »
    They do. I was up there just this Sunday for a piece of gorgeous white choc cheesecake. Mmmmm. *homer drool*

Oh why u make me fat CMPunked?? Now I have no choice but to go there! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dubdee

PinkFly wrote: »
    haven't seen Roma mentioned here, they have specials on from monday to thursday, some are €3 and some are €5.

The amount of food you get is unreal, the chips are fantastic and you could get two peoples dinner outta the one special, great value and yummy!!

I have to agree with you. We used to cross town to get chips in Mullens as I'm not fond of Dominic's which would be much closer. After Roma opened we haven't looked back. Delicious chips & one bag would feed a small country :) Had a lovely crispy fresh cod last night - huge!

PinkFly wrote: »

I have to agree with you. We used to cross town to get chips in Mullens as I'm not fond of Dominic's which would be much closer. After Roma opened we haven't looked back. Delicious chips & one bag would feed a small country :) Had a lovely crispy fresh cod last night - huge!

dubdee wrote: »
    is roma opposite dominics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭KaiserLu

Was in Bru yesterday with OH, asked if ye could sit outside, they brought a table out specially and all-food was absolutely gorgeous. Had Chicken Wings, Steak and Banoffi while she had Garlic Mushrooms, Stir Fry and Meringue. Service was fantastic-love the unobtrusive nature of the staff-just leave you to it. All in all ten out of ten. Never can fault the place.

whelan1 wrote: »
    dubdee wrote: »
    is roma opposite dominics?

Yes. Directly opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭blingrhino

After looking at the impressive advert on the back of the leader we decided to visit " the Riverside" kids welcome and Sunday lunch 3 course for €9.95 can't be bad !
    How wrong we were , place was packed but despite booking for 3 pm we were still waiting 15 mins but I suppose it was busy .
    We had the 3 course main course was was very dissapointing .
    I had pork belly - full of fat , hardly any meat 1 out of ten !
    Mrs had turkey , it was ok .
    Kids had soup which was nice .
    Apart from the food which was litterly thrown on the plate the service was poor .
    There were 3 youngish girls working and they did their best , but they were grossly understaffed. The main problem I found was there was nobody in charge , no front of house manager/ manageress . People arriving in and hanging around waiting to be told availability , where u are sitting etc
    Desert never served . As I went to pay the two customers in front of me were both complaining .
    I would be reluctant to return .

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Had a meal in Da Paolo monday evening. Found the place to be excellent in every way. Not a huge selection on the menu but that was more than made up for by the quality of the food and service.
    We had two starters, two pizzas, tea and a latte as well as two bottles of Italian beer which came to 47 Euros. The pizza was the best Ive had in ages and the wife said the same. We also had a great chat with the owner who was very friendly and welcoming.
    Will be back for sure.

where's Da Paulo?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Down wellington quay beside apache pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

kormak wrote: »
    where's Da Paulo?!

On Wellington Quay just down from Bru. Yellow fronted shop front with main seating area upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I have eaten in ESB&G three times in the last two weeks and it pains me to admit that the chicken wings weren't great. They were tough and there was less meat on them than usual. I forgave the chef the first time, I was surprised the second time so I didn't order them the third time. Two others at the table did though and both were disappointed. Hope they're not losing their touch.

just went to roma this evening, omg it was some feed, oh got fresh cod meal, i have never seen a bigger fish in all my life, one of the kids got a pizza- all pizzas €5 mon-wed and other kids got a kids fish meal. the kids meal was massive... me being good got a slimming world meal in ming garden... i tasted a few of the chips and they where yummy... we will be back...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Harry Tasker

I've not read through all the posts here, so apologies if this has been mentioned already. We went to the Waterside in Termonfeckin there on Sunday evening, for a family meal and I only have to say the food was delicious and the service was very good.

I had steak which was cooked just the way I liked it, others ordered the fish and said it was gorgeous. They've closed the main restaurant at the back so the food is served in what used to be the pub area, but that doesn't take away from the fantastic food.

The girls serving were very pleasant so it all resulted in a lovely evening.

I'd highly reccommend it. :p

Advertisement