Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Yogic

Da Paolo Pizzeria on Wellington Quay appears to have closed. Im not sure if it is for Annual holidays or if yet another restaurant has gone in the town . I was wondering if any of the highly knowledgable followers of this thread have any info ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Yogic wrote: »
    Da Paolo Pizzeria on Wellington Quay appears to have closed. Im not sure if it is for Annual holidays or if yet another restaurant has gone in the town . I was wondering if any of the highly knowledgable followers of this thread have any info ?:D

I just came on here to ask the same question ! Though Ive tried to go there about 4 times in the last 3 weeks and it was shut everytime but twice eatwas at lunch time and its defo not open for lunch anymore.

Any info anyone ? Great pizza in there !

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Yogic

Carra23 wrote: »
    I just came on here to ask the same question ! Though Ive tried to go there about 4 times in the last 3 weeks and it was shut everytime but twice eatwas at lunch time and its defo not open for lunch anymore.

Any info anyone ? Great pizza in there !

Met someone that used to work ther this morning ,its closed for good apparently.:( Pity i really liked the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

See Mo's, the posh chipper beside Staffords on Bryanstown cross route, has now closed :( . Sign on the door mentioned something about them finding new premises. I would have thought that was the perfect spot for them, being so close to the Eastern Seaboard. Not sure if Brown Hound is affected as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭gipi

See Mo's, the posh chipper beside Staffords on Bryanstown cross route, has now closed :( . Sign on the door mentioned something about them finding new premises. I would have thought that was the perfect spot for them, being so close to the Eastern Seaboard. Not sure if Brown Hound is affected as well

Ah no....I liked calling into Mo's, and had only recently discovered the delights of the Brown Hound!!

Wonder if parking has become an issue there - between the restaurants, the rail commuters, the school and the post office, it was getting a tad crowded there recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

went to w cairnes, I got the steak and she got some prawn, crab, pasta thingy, both delighted and the waiter was fun & nice so happy out, will be back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Rossin wrote: »
    the waiter was fun & nice so happy out,

Whats that mean? Like, gay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Raymond coyle

KaiserLu wrote: »
    Was in Coyle's last night. DO NOT go there. We arrived to a gruff greeting from tatooed staff (just a personal thing, but I don't think these things should be visible) and shown to our table. No atmosphere, nothing on the walls (pictures etc), menus on pieces of paper- very poorly presented. Was served by a girl who took our menus off us while we ordered (wtf?) and didn't seem too interested in listening to us.

Then we were given our starters. Place was FREEZING. I ordered chicken wings and received six of the scabbiest things I have ever seen in my life! Salad on the side was horrible also.

Next came the main course-had ordered steak sandwich but received steak instead (no problem, just send it back). When I pointed this out, a different waitress took it off me (no apology) and gave it back 5 minutes later. Was the exact same steak on a buttered cuisine de france roll. Apparently this is what passes for a sandwich. Coke served in cans, cleaning products visible, etc. Went to order dessert and told that the array they had on the menu wasn't available-either ice cream or cheesecake. Left without tipping (very rarely I do that). Without doubt the WORST service I have ever received. Staff have no idea how to run a restaurant. Fuming! :mad:

i think that you are full of **** and should cope yourself an you nasty piece of work and do not know what you are talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

The staff had Tattoos???! OH THE HUMANITY!!! :rolleyes:

i think that you are full of **** and should cope yourself an you nasty piece of work and do not know what you are talking about

Customer service: How not to do it 101.

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    Whats that mean? Like, gay?

ha, i meant.. the waiter was fun and nice, so we were happy out

anyway i am fun,nice and happy and im not gay, i dont think

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Customer service: How not to do it 101.

ah I thought this might not be a genuine post from "Raymond Coyle" and then I viewed his 1st post and in particular this line...
    "I can ensure you that your feedback has been accounted for"... Ohhh dear!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Ahaha! The quote about the tattoos was silly but if this reply is from the owner it gives an even worse impression of the place than the nasty review... I'm embarrassed for you!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Take a two week break for personal abuse. If you feel that your business is not getting a fair deal on here, then write something constructive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭furiousox

Where is Coyle's anyway?
    (Not that I'll ever be going there)

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Where is Coyle's anyway?
    (Not that I'll ever be going there)

Nothing anymore. It was a steakhouse down where pink elephant was in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭soupdrinker

Somebody said they saw on Facebook that the Brown Hound was taking over Mo's and that Mo's was looking for a new premises.

They seemed to be turning the Brown Hound into a kinda wine bar on Saturday nights (someone was telling me) so maybe they just wanted the extra space to try and make more of that.

I didn't enjoy the food from Mo's but it always seemed busy any time I was driving buy - they must be making more profit from the bakery!!

guys the tower wine bar and grill in millmount opened today

http://www.facebook.com/tower.winebarandgrill

Rossin wrote: »
    guys the tower wine bar and grill in millmount opened today

http://www.facebook.com/tower.winebarandgrill

Is that the salthouse's new venture?

yep, well cool ozzy guy and 3 others own it as far as I know. Will be in myself over the weekend just not sure what night yet, hopefully get a seat in the conservatory, great view of the town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭gipi

Is that where the Greek restaurant used to be? I remember visiting it once, not long after I moved here. Always thought it was a great site for a restaurant, especially if you get sitting in the conservatory!

Best of luck to all with the new venture!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Has anyone been to the Chinese in redz yet? I was told there was all you can eat type menu.

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the Chinese in redz yet? I was told there was all you can eat type menu.

Heard its like 20 quid off peak.

Speaking of which, the old king of kings are doing an all you can eat buffet too i heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭furiousox

....Speaking of which, the old king of kings are doing an all you can eat buffet too i heard.

Tried it, it's not great.
    Limited choices and very average food.

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Tried it, it's not great.
    Limited choices and very average food.

Dam. Drogheda centres missing out on a good AYCE buffet chinese.

gipi wrote: »
    Is that where the Greek restaurant used to be? I remember visiting it once, not long after I moved here. Always thought it was a great site for a restaurant, especially if you get sitting in the conservatory!

Best of luck to all with the new venture!

Yep that's the one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

the old king of kings are doing an all you can eat buffet too i heard.

Heard its rank!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have started frequenting Bizou twice a week now. Just brilliant food and has replaced everything else as my go-to restaurant.

They have a wrap that's BBQ sauce, chicken, cheese and spring onions that is oddly addictive. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Can any recommend where to go for a nice carvery ? Dont mind driving if its worth it.

Has to have good turkey n ham for herself and decent roast beef for myself.

Any suggestions ?

Bizou rocks by the way !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Carra23 wrote: »
    Can any recommend where to go for a nice carvery ? Dont mind driving if its worth it.

Has to have good turkey n ham for herself and decent roast beef for myself.

Any suggestions ?

Bizou rocks by the way !
    watters in collon have a really nice carvery, the beef is the best ever

Advertisement