Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Dead - Online Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

name on it is Daz 801
    Just arrived at vigors motel!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

RopeDrink wrote: »

Fun... :confused:

The first few weeks in Malton can be scary and frustrating, once you get to about level 10, the use of AP is far more beneficial.

Also it may be worth coming to where the Boardsies are, it is a lot easier to level up when you have help.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I found the trick with starting out as a zombie is to not bother with attacking barricades and just keep moving (diagonally) until you find a mob that has already broken into a building.
    A good mob will drag the low hp survivors out on to the streets for low level zeds. (you'll get more exp from killing people than attacking them). Attacking barricades is pointless at a low level as you wont get any exp and even if you do break in you won't get much exp from your weak attacks against a full health survivor.

And in general the games because far more enjoyable once you get past those first 5 levels. Joining a group is a great idea too as it gives everything more of a purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I think with so much red, we need to organise a retake the city day :)

phill106 wrote: »
    I think with so much red, we need to organise a retake the city day :)

At the moment I am really struggling to find any ammo so I think that would be beyond my capabilities :D
    Active Characters : 18913
    Standing Survivors : 4720 (32%)
    Standing Zombies : 9808 (68%)
    Dead Bodies : 3328
    Revivifying Bodies : 1057

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Can't find anyone or anywhere for revival - Few Zombies sitting in a Cemetary that has a Revive comment sprayed on the wall, thats about it.

Where are you exactly? I've got some needles and fak's and can get you when I've full AP, if you're close enough.

If you're not close enough, then stay at that RP - if it's maintained regularly, you should be able to get a revive; although with the state of the map being almost all red, RP's are probably slower than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

PS. Where is everyone located anyways? I've a Medic character as well in Penny Heights (Odo General Hospital, well forted up and populated) and a second Zombie but I'd much rather not bother with that one.

The Boardsies are located in Kempsterbank. It's not entirely safe at the moment, and I don't think we're all there right now, but our headquarters are there and you're welcome to head that way. Though, looking at the map, Penny Heights is yellow and probably much safer than Kbank for the time being.

omfg, a week as a zombie, i get revived and some dam pker kills me!
    I took a screenshot as i couldnt believe it.
    Unhelpful is the player name, and he is...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

It's a really tough time in the game right now. The Dead zombie group has grown exponentially in the last couple months, and odds are they are not doing it legitimately. Unfortunately they may be playing by the letter of the law but not the spirit...

There's just too many Z's around right now. Even the zombies are getting bored... but just wait. A survivor up-tick is due. We'll be making a comeback soon. :D

Least you got revived. Both my non-zombie characters are Zombies and because of that I find my normal Zombie character far more effective than both of them... Which is a shame because I'd rather be a survivor -.-

Totally bored of this game, now. 2xLevel 2 characters and 1xLevel 1 - Can't progress as they're all low level zombies now and smashing barricades is proving less fun than smashing other zombies for free XP... And that's less fun than I would have if my characters were alive and able to do something different.

Like Dakota said, that 'The Dead' group are actively trying to wreck the game at the moment, stupid trolls.

• Advertisement

Saw someone mention in game that the zombie group is actively trying to kill all survivors, so there will be no one left to revive zombies. Seems silly.

Survivors seem to be making a small comeback, thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Can someone tell me were i can find the revive points. i was at one but all i got was a message saying . if you want t be revived, go to X and kill zombies

• Registered Users Posts: 22 RoddyWinters

Don't give up guys. What would this game be without zombies all over the place really? You just need to get to the right place in the game. Join the Boardsies full on so they can help you when you need it. It's better to have a support system behind you and Micky, Dakota and the boys are some of the best at making things fun.

Most importantly, the game needs good players. So don't give up. It's not easy some times, but that's what makes a game fun. Good luck!

Damn right. No surrender. not now, not ever

where abouts are yous hanging out?

I'm around the Arkhams (New I think), loads of survivors and not too many zeds for the moment. The main problem at the mo is overcading, once you go outside it can be hard to get back in

I'm around the Arkhams (New I think), loads of survivors and not too many zeds for the moment. The main problem at the mo is overcading, once you go outside it can be hard to get back in

amen, got revived on one of my characters and couldnt find ANYWHERE to get back in!
    Other side of the coin is huge stretches of ruined buildings, bony mahony is now hiding in a junkyard alone which I caded up myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Goddammit!!

Two bloody characters turned into zombies!!!

amen, got revived on one of my characters and couldnt find ANYWHERE to get back in!
    Other side of the coin is huge stretches of ruined buildings, bony mahony is now hiding in a junkyard alone which I caded up myself.

Yeah its pretty tough at the moment, its easier to stay alive in the ruined, deserted areas but then if you do get killed its harder to get revived. I've given up on using weapons, purely relying on rev syringes for the last week.

On the plus side the numbers of The Dead have dropped by a bit, only another 1500 to go :pac:

Yeah its pretty tough at the moment, its easier to stay alive in the ruined, deserted areas but then if you do get killed its harder to get revived. I've given up on using weapons, purely relying on rev syringes for the last week.

On the plus side the numbers of The Dead have dropped by a bit, only another 1500 to go :pac:

looks like im dying again, think ill go to rendevous point as a zombie and ask for revive that way, at the moment it is impossible to travel otherwise!

• Advertisement

looks like im dying again, think ill go to rendevous point as a zombie and ask for revive that way, at the moment it is impossible to travel otherwise!

Where abouts are you now? I've a character in Arkham and another in Chudleyton if you're nearby. Some of the revive points are pretty backed up at the moment,I'd say head west anyway to have a better chance

Has any one else noticed the search rate for syringes and faks has gone up massively? It must be near 80% success at the moment

RopeDrink, if you want we can give you access to the Boardsie Zombie hunter private forum. One of you Characters can join up.

It should be pointed out that it is unlikely any of your characters will be able to join any other groups at the moment. Most groups will be suspicious of any newly joined characters who don't have a proven pro-survivor alternate, to stop zombie spies getting access to the private forums. I joined the Soldiers of Crossman a few days ago and the background checks they've been running on people are pretty tough, most of them ending in rejection.

Well they've all been pidgeon holed into level 3-4 area because progress has been made impossible as a survivor where I am. I've basically just levelled them all up by hitting other zombies as a zombie, all their talents are zombie orientated.

I've a Police Officer, Medic and whatever my other one was revived as that started as a regular zombie. Which is of more use?

Medic probably, consider the times we are in. But it doesn't mean much really. Once you are in our group you will level up very quickly.

I'll grant you access now, let it be know in the forum what character you are and we'll let you know where to meet up.

Can you change your group tag to Boardsie.

Well they've all been pidgeon holed into level 3-4 area because progress has been made impossible as a survivor where I am. I've basically just levelled them all up by hitting other zombies as a zombie, all their talents are zombie orientated.

I've a Police Officer, Medic and whatever my other one was revived as that started as a regular zombie. Which is of more use?

I'd say your character that started out as a zombie is your best chance of getting exp at the moment, just hoard all the exp and then once you get revived use it to buy survivor skills.

At the moment is too hard to hold resource building for any period of time to get enough ammo, get the diagnosis skill once you become a survivor and things should get easier

Can i join the group. i have 2 accouts
    badgerhowlin -> cant remember what he is Police Officer i think
    ashhowlin -> medic

seanhowlin wrote: »
    Can i join the group. i have 2 accouts
    badgerhowlin -> cant remember what he is Police Officer i think
    ashhowlin -> medic

No problem seanhowlin - the only thing we'd ask is that you only bring one of your characters to join the Boardsies. Normally we work together and try to maintain rules of no alts w/in 10 spaces of the other.

Let us know and we'll get ya access to the private forum.

which is in more of a demand, healer or fighter?

• Advertisement

seanhowlin wrote: »
    which is in more of a demand, healer or fighter?

Yes. :D

Really, either one would work fine. Healer is probably easier to level up right now, unless your fighter is a firefighter w/ an axe. Mainly anyone that can revive people will be most helpful right now.

Advertisement