Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Dead - Online Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Nah yer good. Vigors secure and EHB tho there might not be anyone in there. If we're not there check close-by - we'll be around. Most likely catching a movie in one of the theaters... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

doors wide open and 3 zombies there in vogor. Ryder and foggy both there, I healed up ryder to high 40s , foggy is around the same. come 1s1w and im there to heal more when needed.

Caded to VSB as that was all I had AP for. 3z still inside.

ive popped in to heal as i can, will do more in an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Caded to VSB as that was all I had AP for. 3z still inside.

Only one left after I had a go. Caded to HB.

• Advertisement

Only one left after I had a go. Caded to HB.

did you kill another? i was there 5 mins ago, 2 were in there

phill106 wrote: »
    did you kill another? i was there 5 mins ago, 2 were in there

There was only 1 standing when I left; didn't have the ammo or AP to finish him.

EDIT: Logged in, jumped over...only one there standing. The body on the floor is a Boardsie.

Just had an idea about levelling up, and was wondering is it legal?
    attack a friend, deal a damage or 2. get some xp. heal him up. get xp.
    rinse and repeat till massive.
    I see that same side hits are half xp, but shouldnt be too hard to find a zombie boardsie or survivor who was killed, allowing full xp.

phill106 wrote: »
    Just had an idea about levelling up, and was wondering is it legal?
    attack a friend, deal a damage or 2. get some xp. heal him up. get xp.
    rinse and repeat till massive.
    I see that same side hits are half xp, but shouldnt be too hard to find a zombie boardsie or survivor who was killed, allowing full xp.

That is a legit tactic and many people use it. The major xp comes from the FAK and not from the hit. You just need to make sure the person you are attacking is ok with it. :)

On that note - feel free to hit me as often as ya like. Just don't forgot about the FAK part. :D:D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Is there any difference in the search percentages between similar buildings in a particular area? Say are the odds of finding a FAK in one hospital different to the odds in a nearby hospital? It certainly feels like it at times, nothing worse than sinking 20AP for 2 FAKs :(

• Advertisement

Is there any difference in the search percentages between similar buildings in a particular area? Say are the odds of finding a FAK in one hospital different to the odds in a nearby hospital? It certainly feels like it at times, nothing worse than sinking 20AP for 2 FAKs :(

I'm not sure how they factor the odds in of finding stuff. Some days I'm lucky and get something every time I click search (I've found something like 11 FAK's in a row before), other days I just waste my AP. It's supposed to be easier to find stuff if the building is lit, and it normally is, though in my experience, the more people in a building, the less chance you have of actually finding something.

if anyone feels like reviving me im nw of vigor outside the junkyard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

I might start up a char tonight. What should i go for where is everyone holding out. What should i do when i start off to make things easy for myself?

I'd suggest checking this page: http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Guides and read up on the Survivor type you'd like to play. I'd suggest starting as a Firefighter/Civillian - you get an axe to start off with and its great for easy XP. Otherwise a Doctor/Scientist is a good choice since you can just search for First Aid Kids and heal people to get quick XP. Really it's up to you!

The goal is to get through the first a couple levels as quickly as you can. They can tend to drag on a bit so we'll do out best to help ya out.

We generally hang out in the Vigors Hotel in Kempsterbank. Map of the Suburb here: http://dssrzs.org/map/ . The Norwood Building just south of Vigors will be open for you to access.

The first skill you want to buy is Free Running, nearly regardless of the Class you pick. It will give you access to buildings that are Heavily Barricaded and higher.

Otherwise post here and we'll help ye out the best we can.

Thanks ill read it and see which one i want to be. And ill try and get to the safe house at some stage, If im not killed in the 1st day or 2!

seanhowlin wrote: »
    Thanks ill read it and see which one i want to be. And ill try and get to the safe house at some stage, If im not killed in the 1st day or 2!

No worries. If you get kill we can revive you. Just know that you'll start in a random suburb in Malton so it may take you a bit to reach Kempsterbank.

#1 - make sure you can ALWAYS find a building you can rest in before you run out of Action Points. Sleeping on the street just gives the zombies an easy meal.

great news looks like i played this game at somestage. I already had a character in the game. and guess where he was, right smack in the middle of kempsterbank. I made my way up to the safe house but it had 2 zombies. I left the house and now i ran out of turns somewhere near it.

but on the Plus side i bagged my self a zombie on the way.

Class: Military A non-descript survivor.

Level: 1
    XP: 33
    Skills:

* Basic Firearms Training (Player gets +25% to hit with all firearms attacks.)

OK i was jsut some zombies supper there now!

OK i was jsut some zombies supper there now!

Here's the list of revive points, hopefully one of them is active.
    http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Kempsterbank#Revive_Points

Oh and I think its a good idea to say you want to be revived in your description, as you'll probably get scanned at some point.

great news looks like i played this game at somestage. I already had a character in the game. and guess where he was, right smack in the middle of kempsterbank. I made my way up to the safe house but it had 2 zombies. I left the house and now i ran out of turns somewhere near it.

but on the Plus side i bagged my self a zombie on the way.

Class: Military A non-descript survivor.

Level: 1
    XP: 33
    Skills:

* Basic Firearms Training (Player gets +25% to hit with all firearms attacks.)

Is your character name the same as your username here? Maybe link your profile, so those of us that don't have you in our contacts can add you. :) Be easier for one of us to get you a revive that way, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Currently chillin in the Vigors, havin some wine....

Busy enough round there.

Is your character name the same as your username here? Maybe link your profile, so those of us that don't have you in our contacts can add you. :) Be easier for one of us to get you a revive that way, too.

No my name in the game is badgerhowlin.

I cant seem to stay alive for long. Im on 78Ap so as soon as i get to the 100, I’m getting free running so I can get into some building which might help me!

While im one of the Undead, I attack any zombies I see. I might be after changing but I keep my humanity!

Pete M. wrote: »
    Currently chillin in the Vigors, havin some wine....

Busy enough round there.

Whats your name in game Pete? I'll keep an eye out for ya.

I have an alt running around up north as a brain rotted zombie, very refreshing way to play the game once you get ankle grab. Not having to worry about having the AP to get to a safehouse gives you a completely different way to play.

I just got my 100 points last night so i can get free running but im a zombie at the moment. Im in St Ferreol's Hospital i think, im not online at the moment to check for sure. I got one zombie down to 46HP last night. But there was 4 in total in there last night. If someone is passing by Can you please heal me. If not ill go to a heal point this evening.

I just got my 100 points last night so i can get free running but im a zombie at the moment. Im in St Ferreol's Hospital i think, im not online at the moment to check for sure. I got one zombie down to 46HP last night. But there was 4 in total in there last night. If someone is passing by Can you please heal me. If not ill go to a heal point this evening.

Shamble on over to Hensler Walk and we'll rev ya. No problem at all. Its just a couple blocks West of where you currently are.

area around vigor and directly south of it not looking good atm, lot of cades down and damaged buildings.

I'm at Hensler myself if anyone can revive me?

I'm at Hensler myself if anyone can revive me?

You've been rev'd. :D

• Advertisement

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    You've been rev'd. :D

Thats fantastic service Dakota, less than 2 minutes waiting time :D:D

Appreciated :)

Advertisement