Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Dead - Online Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

phill106 wrote: »
    Made it! Im in kempsterbank in a very strongly barricaded building. Name is bony mahony

Very few moves left now though

Roger that bony! My character's name is Ozmandius Prather. Where are you at exactly?

If you can make it to the Norwood Building sometime tomorrow that would be grand. We'll help ya get that xp.

And for anyone - here is a handy map of all of Malton!

http://dssrzs.org/map/

VERY useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Im now in the norwood building there, so waiting for anyones assistance :)

Found ye bony. Lovely...

I THINK your best bet is to find a hospital that is VSB and get as many FAKs as you can. I couldn't find one yet on the AP I had left but we'll keep looking.

After we find one - I'd spend at least a day's worth of AP, maybe more, and get as many FAKs as ye can. Not fun I know - but it's pretty effective. Once ye have a number of FAKs we can tell ye who is injured so you can heal them, since healing yourself doesn't get ye XP.

Otherwise yer stuck w/ trying to find guns/ammo and shooting Z's for xp. You can go that route too but it can take longer, but might be a bit more exciting. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

julie general hospital is vsb if you're looking to do some fakking

• Advertisement

thanks im in jule general hospital now searching for fak's. have 4-5 of them so far, Looks like ill stay here the next few days getting more.
    thanks for the help!

12 faks now. With the radio broadcasts, how do i hear them if I am not on the exact frequency? Im hearing some even though im tuned into a different frequency.

12 faks now. With the radio broadcasts, how do i hear them if I am not on the exact frequency? Im hearing some even though im tuned into a different frequency.

Since Julie Hospital has a radio transmitter installed I believe you will hear all radio broadcasts. That transmitter will only broadcast on frequency it is tuned to. Otherwise you have to find a radio to carry and tune it to the frequency you want.

I stopped down to visit and found a couple guys that could use some FAKs. I let ya know in game.

healed an infected stephen batt there, should make him happy. didnt see the message from u though?

healed an infected stephen batt there, should make him happy. didnt see the message from u though?

Hmm. Dunno why ya didn't my mssg. More FAK'ing to be done if you've the AP and/or FAKs.

You say "Stephen Batt can use 1 more FAK and dr Frekenstein can use 3 total. FAK 'em up good!"

• Advertisement

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Hmm. Dunno why ya didn't my mssg. More FAK'ing to be done if you've the AP and/or FAKs.

You say "Stephen Batt can use 1 more FAK and dr Frekenstein can use 3 total. FAK 'em up good!"

seen it now, they are all healed up and i know have 66 xp :P
    thanks!
    Still have more moves and 4 fak if needed

seen it now, they are all healed up and i know have 66 xp :P
    thanks!
    Still have more moves and 4 fak if needed

Groovy - check your Skill list. How much does Free Running cost you? You're most likely more than half way there.

Anyway - make sure you have enough FAKs to get Free Running. 5xp/FAK so make sure ya have what ya need before leaving Julie.

No one else in Julie needs FAK'ing so I'd spend the rest of yer AP on getting more FAKS tday. Not exciting but you're making great progress.

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Groovy - check your Skill list. How much does Free Running cost you? You're most likely more than half way there.

Anyway - make sure you have enough FAKs to get Free Running. 5xp/FAK so make sure ya have what ya need before leaving Julie.

No one else in Julie needs FAK'ing so I'd spend the rest of yer AP on getting more FAKS tday. Not exciting but you're making great progress.
    Costs 100, so not too far to go. Free running definitely seems to be the way to go, so many buildings I cant get into at the moment!

Costs 100, so not too far to go. Free running definitely seems to be the way to go, so many buildings I cant get into at the moment!

Cool - Free Running is very helpful. It won't let you get into Heavily Caded or higher when you are outside. But once you have it you'll be able to move from, for instance, Julie Hospital to the Whitenol Building without going outside. MOST helpful for staying indoors where it's safer!

Now have 19 faks and found a police station i could get into, lots and lots of clips now :) going to get full ap and try and find some young zombies i think. Im back in hospital if anyone needs healing, ill check back there often.

Now have 19 faks and found a police station i could get into, lots and lots of clips now :) going to get full ap and try and find some young zombies i think. Im back in hospital if anyone needs healing, ill check back there often.

Nice bony. Yer well set to get Free Running and THEN some. :)

poop-guy in Julie can use a FAK or 2. Will keep a lookout for others.

Ah for god sakes, thankfully it was on an alt of mine but I cant stand when someone raises the barricade so high I cant get back into my own safe house!
    grrr!

Woohoo bony mahony has killed a zombie and leveld! Free running achieved, only problem is I am outside my safehouse with no moves :) *hides quietly*

Looking at what skill to get next, is diagnosis a handy thing to have? From reading it, it would seem to tie in well with someone who would plan on doing a lot of faking in the early levels, as I could see anyone with an injury in the room.
    Either that or pistol training...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Looking at what skill to get next, is diagnosis a handy thing to have? From reading it, it would seem to tie in well with someone who would plan on doing a lot of faking in the early levels, as I could see anyone with an injury in the room.

I would have thought Diagnosis is pretty much essential if you want to go FAKing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MorganG831

An okay game if you get some action which is rare :l

• Advertisement

Now that ya have Free Running be sure to join the rest of the Boardsies in the Vigors Hotel. And yeah - Diagnosis is a wonderful help. I'd FAK your way through one more level at least and then you can start to have some fun. :D

Id also like to point out how much I hate that speaking costs ap. I think in real life, I could be so absolutely tired, I couldn't move another step to save my life, yet still be able to talk!

*ALERT*
    The barricade is down in vigors motel!

a single zombie in vigors! Im trying to kill it now

edit

legged it, barricade is down to loosely barricaded, im in mattheos hospital next door, it is extremely heavily barricaded. Wake up and kill the zombie please, or come into me for healing :P

Has anyone got any advice on how to get the most out of the DNA extractors? I got the skill to use it on my 1st level up as I thought it would be a good source of exp but when I went to use it it said the zombie had already been tagged?

Has anyone got any advice on how to get the most out of the DNA extractors? I got the skill to use it on my 1st level up as I thought it would be a good source of exp but when I went to use it it said the zombie had already been tagged?

DNA extractors are great - as long as you can find zombies that have not been tagged yet. I don't know of any great tricks to ID ones that have not been tagged yet.

Just hunt up as many different Z's as you can and scan them.

NOTE: Some Z's can track you, using Scent Trail, after you scan them so the recommended plan is to end up at least 10 squares away from any Z you scan. That should minimize the effectiveness of Scent Trail... or at least thats what I've read. :D

Thanks DakotaYoda, I think the scent trail tip could turn out to be very useful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Thanks DakotaYoda, I think the scent trail tip could turn out to be very useful :)

I wouldn't really worry about scent trail if you are just racking up XP, most Zed players wouldn't care.

Only worry if you try and take one down and fail, this pisses them off and they may want retribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

vigors was at lightly, brought it back to qsb+1, best get outta there asap. 7 odd z's outside.

vigors is ruined atm, barricade is down. st george hospital to 1s1w is extremely heavily barricaded, while neot general hospital 1s1w again is very strongly barricaded, so easy to get in.

• Advertisement

vigors is ruined atm, barricade is down. st george hospital to 1s1w is extremely heavily barricaded, while neot general hospital 1s1w again is very strongly barricaded, so easy to get in.

I was planning to head over to Vigors tomorrow but I guess now is not the best time :D

Advertisement