Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Urban Dead - Online Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Hey gav - shamble to Hensler Walk or Ebbutt Road in Kbank and we'll get to ya. I have AP and some needles currently.

I'll log on again in a bit, I'd say I'll have enough AP to get there.

Cheers. :D

Edit : Swaying away at Hensler Walk. :pac: 25 AP left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

is there anybody out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

daz801 wrote: »
    is there anybody out there?

Maybe :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12 i like crackers

I think that it is very hard to get supplies,most buildings are barricaded and i'm a private and I keep missing zombies etc.i don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

for any old time fans of the arma series of mil sim games from the makers of operation flashpoint there is a mod that has taken the game by storm. called dayz. dayz mod is the landscape of arma 2 chernarus which is like a soviet era falklands map. the map is huge and it would literally take you 3 hours to walk from south to north, east to west. you start with pretty much nothing and you have to raid for weapons supplies. car parts fuel, food. alliances can be very fragile. expect to get shot by other players for your iventory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I've seen it in action, looks very good. Player death is permanent. If you die you have to make a new character.

Also time locked to zones. If it's night time where you are and you log in, it will be night time in the game as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Ive been playing this game since 2007. Love it, but the population has seriously declined as of late.

Around 2007/2008 the game was brilliant, especially with the addition of the first new map. Deperately trying to survive in that was great fun altogether, I actually survived a good amount of time before I was left on my own out in the forest desperate, and was perma-killed one night.
    Everybody had such epic stories on that map. I still log into my zombie character on that map from time to time, and wander around. You see the odd unruined graffiti like "this is my last stand, everyone is dead" and the date after it. It sounds silly but you know those were the historic words of a desperate player in his final hours. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Is the Boardsie team still going? I used to be a veteran but made a new character. Where is the Boards team based?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

There are a few of us left about - generally in Kempsterbank around the Vigors Hotel.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Whats Kempsterbank like? I've havent been there in months, is there much action? Some of the suburbs are just empty at this stage

• Advertisement

Its ebb and flow. We have SFNAS around to keep us from getting bored but I've not ventured much further than our local area lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Boardsies rawk.

I restarted my character and am currently wandering through the fog, having spent a week looking for a VSB police station to get in.
    Since then, I've just been wandering around with an empty pistol and a shotgun shell but no shotgun.

Yeah this fog is tough and generally not many VSB PD's... only ones I've hit recently have been VSB. Get yourself an axe from a Fire Dept if you can. XP up until you can get Free Running.

Getting an axe was next to useless as I started as a Private.

In the end, found a hospital, tanked up on FAKs before stumbling across a VSB copshop so I'm back in business.

TBH, I really liked the fog and the sense of doom: endlessly wandering around, sleeping in churches(the only places open) and looking for a safehouse. Impressed I survived this long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I had no idea there was a group for Boardsies. I currently play two alts, one in the DHPD and one in the South Paynterton Aces. Lately I'm finding the game a bit stale, though. Retaking Caiger with the DHPD was fun for a while, but otherwise the game seems REALLY quiet.

Vojera wrote: »
    I had no idea there was a group for Boardsies. I currently play two alts, one in the DHPD and one in the South Paynterton Aces. Lately I'm finding the game a bit stale, though. Retaking Caiger with the DHPD was fun for a while, but otherwise the game seems REALLY quiet.

Caiger eh? Well - stop by the Preston Arms south of there a bit if ya have free time. It's not the Boardsies, who hang out in Kempsterbank, but there are a couple of us there. It's a lovely place. Contact Preston HugeArms if ye drop by!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Just re-discovered this game. Will see how I get on.

Username is DaveNoCheese :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Just re-discovered this game. Will see how I get on.

Username is DaveNoCheese :)

Where are you in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Where are you in it?

Swinnerton Square Police Dept.

Where ever that is :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

Vigors breached, lost stickya. dwo. killed 1, 1 on 7hp before i ran out of ap. hit one of the 2 lads with a fak. anly had 1 spare, sorry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I logged for the 1st time in about 5 years maybe more.....and I still alive iin the Chanter Museum with 28 hit points.
    I thought maybe after 5 years I could have bought some new skills but no there is none,thats kinda disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

people still playing urban dead? i just signed up there. seems fun. im in roaches town at a police dept. i go by the name "rickthewalknigdead" if anyones around

I'd suggest coming to Fort Creedy in Pitneybank as soon as you can, there a pretty nice siege going on there, which is becoming a rare event

I'd suggest coming to Fort Creedy in Pitneybank as soon as you can, there a pretty nice siege going on there, which is becoming a rare event

yeah, seems the amount of players has declined. ill go there, but ill probably be killed considering i only just begun haha

shane9689 wrote: »
    yeah, seems the amount of players has declined. ill go there, but ill probably be killed considering i only just begun haha

You 100% certainly will be killed :D but with the way the game has gone you have to make the most of the big events while they last, a lot of the map now is just ghostown, all buildings ehb and no zombies or survivors around

You 100% certainly will be killed :D but with the way the game has gone you have to make the most of the big events while they last, a lot of the map now is just ghostown, all buildings ehb and no zombies or survivors around

suppose i can always make a new character easily enough.
    has it been suggested by anyone to maybe possibly shrink the map? it would make sense considering theres only about 9500 users on a map with a capacity of 30,000.

Caiger is also undergoing a siege. Survivors have been holding the mall for a week!

looking for these places in the map.around where are they? i realise im very near riddleybank, im at roaches town. not so safe around here it seems haha

• Advertisement

Caiger Mall straddles the border between Chudleyton and Darvall Heights.

Ha, yeah, Ridleybank and surrounding aren't the best for survivors. They can be a bit of craic if you manage to find a stronghold of other people, though.

Advertisement