Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for players, or a game? Post here...No phone numbers in this thread please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 housecore93

Well lads,

I'm looking to play some 5/6/7 aside astro. I live in Dublin city centre so can get to any location around there or on the south and north side that has decent enough transport to it.
    I'd be half decent anyway with good fitness. Just looking for a game lads.
    So if you need a reliable player just give me a buzz. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wuzzmaestro1

We play 5 a side in SPORTSCO Dublin(ringsend) every thursday from 8-9pm. We have been playing for a few years now and don't want this to stop.

Average standard so all welcome. Struggling for numbers at the moment and new session starting in a couple of weeks(70e for 3 months).

We could do with 3 or 4 to come along tonight and maybe next week to play for FREE with the hope of joining for the next session.
    Hey there,

I really want to get involved in 5 a side soccer. Im pretty flexible with times,im decent enough and wanna improve my fitness. I can make it out to Ringsend on Thursday nights. Any possibility you could fit me in?

Please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wuzzmaestro1

Im interested in getting involved in 5 a side soccer on a weekly basis. The evening or night time would suit me best, any time after 5 pm during the week days would suit me. Im looking to improve my fitness and I love to play the game. Please contact me if anybody knows where matches take place or need an extra player.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

If your interested in playing Astro turf football in Coolmine Sports and Leisure Club, beside Blanchardstown shopping centre every Tuesday night 9pm - 10pm ?

Then please send me a private message

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

Hey,

If anyone is looking for a reliable player to play in the Astro league in South Dublin, then give me a shout. Set up and played in a team last year in the league in the high standard but got sick of chasing players/money so looking to get a game with an established team one night a week.

Can play right back/centre half/midfield. Living in Sandyford so willing to travel if needs be.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 jtroe1

Hi Lads, Looking for 1 or 2 more regular players for our 5-6 aside match in UCD at 6 O'Clock on a Wednesday. Decent enough standard just lost a few due to work commitments etc so looking to get a few more numbers. If interested DM me your number and I'll stick you on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mugs11

If anyone is looking for a player in Sportsco for 7pm/8pm games give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I'm part of two games that are starting to struggle for numbers that are looking for people to join.
    Standard is middling, it's a social game so it's enjoyable but not too intense.

We play at half 5 in Joeys in Sallynoggin on a Tuesday and at 5 in Loughlinstown on a Thursday.

Most of us are based in Cherrywood so if you're based there too and need a lift down that can be sorted.

Drop me a PM if you've any interest in playing either game.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

Hi there,

I have recently moved to the Sandymount area and would be interested in playing 5-a-side locally. Alternatively, I'm also interested in playing, or even just training with, a local 11-a-side club during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kronsich

Hey

looking for a game of astro on Monday, Wednesday or Thursday. Low to average standard, living in Dublin 15.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

Looking for 5-7 a side on Monday or Tuesday night on the south side. I would also be interested in playing for a 11 a side team if anyone is short players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shackl3F0rd

Game available for anyone interested in Dunboyne Community Centre astroturf pitches. Every Monday from 8-9 or 8-10, if no follow up game is booked. All levels welcome. Please message me if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Afternoon lads,

We currently have a weekly game on a Tuesday from 6-7 on the Astro pitches in the Postal Club on the Kiltipper Road, Tallaght (down past the Shamrock Rovers stadium). Due to college and work commitments we have lost a couple of players.

It's a regular game that runs every Tuesday. Standard is ok and is the same bunch of lads every week.
    If you're looking for a game and are reliable, send me a PM.

Cheers
    Eamo

Heya lads

6/7 a side Astro game starting Thursday, February 2nd at the Astro pitches at Coolmine sports centre. Usually €5 per game and runs from 9pm to 10pm.

PM me with your number to be added to the mailing list. Looking for lads that can come regularly.

Cheers

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 28 robbyutd

Hi all, looking for a couple of players to join our team for our upcoming tournament. We were beaten regional finalists last year so looking to go one further this time. Here's more info on tournament: http://tournamentheaven.com/tournaments/f5wc/2014/f5wc_2014.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Boards.ie Football Team is looking for players for the new summer season.

We've just won our Astro.ie 11-a-side league, so our standard is quite high.

We will be playing Tuesday evenings, in Dundrum.

PM myself for details - we've 3 games left in the season, plus some pre-season games to bed you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 super5aside

Hi All,

I run two 5aside slots at UCD Clonskeagh entrance on Mondays and Thursdays, both kicking off at 7 pm. The Thursday slot is looking for one or two players who will join up to complete the pool entitled to play. Both slots are long established with the Thursday slot heading for it's 10th anniversary at UCD later this year.

UCD like to have slots booked up in 6 months period and the slots are heading for the end of March before next renewal. As such any new player would simply have to pay the pro rata rate from joining to end of March and then as per everyone else at renewal time. We also have the advantage that if either slot is running low I always go to the players from the other slot to try and make up the 10 or whatever. First game will always be guest appearance with no commitment and no charge so you can see what everyone's like.

Please pm if interested. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Guys.... I organise an astro footy game in Coolmine Sports and Leisure Club beside Blanchardstown sc. The game is every Tuesday night (9pm -10pm), if interested please send me a private message !

Spot there for football tonight in UCD at 6 o'clock. Stuck on 9 at the moment if anyone fancies it

Hi Lads, Looking for 1 or 2 more regular players for our 5-6 aside match in UCD at 6 O'Clock on a Wednesday. Decent enough standard just lost a few due to work commitments etc so looking to get a few more numbers. If interested DM me your number and I'll stick you on the list. Might be a spot or 2 there for tonight aswell if anyone's around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 MickyD

Hi Lads, Looking for a regular player for our 5-6 aside match in St Benildus (Kilmacud) at 7 O'Clock on a Thursday. Average enough standard , playing together there over 10 years and age group is mostly over 40s but everyone is welcome : )
    Please PM me if interested (commitment is 10 weeks at a time)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Looking for 2 players for a 5 a side game tomorrow 15th March at 12pm. Always looking for players so PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,315 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Moving home and looking to pick up a regular game in NCD... Kinsealy based so Malahide, PMarnock, Swords etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chris_john_lane

Looking for a game in Swords area please

Deisler wrote: »
    Looking for 2 players for a 5 a side game tomorrow 15th March at 12pm. Always looking for players so PM me if interested.

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

Looking for a couple of players for a 5 side match every monday night
    at 8-9pm in Ballyfermot Leisure Centre.

Friendly game but competetive enough.

Current ages from 18-30's.

€6 per head - €5 if we get 12.

PM me if your interested.

Cheers

Mellio

• Registered Users Posts: 2 saundy242

Hi guys looking for a couple of players for astro on every tuesday from 8-9 we are always looking for extra players we have been playing the same slot for nearly 6 years and players have come and gone its in Clondalkin leisure centre astro pitches all levels welcome please pm numbers and will text a message every week thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bollob

Hi All,

I run a 7 a side slots in UCD saturday morning at 11am. Its been going over 10 years and we need a few subs to come in and play on a week to week basis with a view to going permanent in the winter.

we use teamer to plan the weekly game and like to have 7 a side on the hockey pitches.

age profile of players is 30-40

• Registered Users Posts: 22 super5aside

Hi All,

I run two 5aside slots at UCD Clonskeagh entrance on Mondays and Thursdays, both kicking off at 7 pm. Both slots are long established with the Thursday slot heading for it's 10th anniversary at UCD later this year.

Both slots have available places for new players for the next 6 months which is starting now. Renewal of the pitches take place with UCD on a 6 month basis. I can be flexible within reason if required in terms of timing of payments.

We also have the advantage that if either slot is running low I always go to the players from the other slot to try and make up the 10 or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Hi ,

Have 3 Games a week going in Clondalkin Leisure Centre ,

Monday 7-8
    Wednesday 7-8
    Thursday 9-10

Looking for players for all nights , although if you can only play the one thats fine.

Age profile is about 25- 40+ and a good mix of players , game is going about 6/7 years and looking to keep the numbers up , we can play either 5 or 6 a side depending on the numbers.

Drop me a PM if interested ,

Thanks

Advertisement