Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Once a month
    Hey Bren, is the Monday game strictly Spring/gas or will there be AEG's? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Every two weeks
    swiftblade wrote: »
    Hey Bren, is the Monday game strictly Spring/gas or will there be AEG's? :)

Well that's what we are hoping for.... for everyone to bring pistols, shotguns and GBB rifles:):) ..... so we'll go with what the crowd want to do on the day;)

Once a month
    Well that's what we are hoping for.... for everyone to bring pistols, shotguns and GBB rifles:):) ..... so we'll go with what the crowd want to do on the day;)

Cools. I'll be rockin with a shotty and M9 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Harveey

Every two weeks
    Great games today lad's, some epic firefights fought :D
    To the CSI lads, was a pleasure to have you down on the site, great opposition ;) Hope to see you again down
    Also the Foxhole worked great today, was good to see it in play after alot of hard work to get it ready for the weekend :D
    The base capture module in A base worked brilliant, although when one lad off the blues went in i think it took him two minutes to figure out where the switches were which made it more intense as a load of reds were about to respawn:p
    Big thanks to all the players who made it down today :D was great to get in and play along side you for a game and a half on my part :p

Looking forward to the games tomorrow ;) I hear the weather is going to be even better than it was today so make sure you have plenty of water to keep hydrated :)

Gates are open at 9.30am so see you all bright and early tomorrow lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

Every two weeks
    Epic games tonight lads, thanks Bren and everyone that was there!
    First proper night game in wooded land! Was a nice change!
    My most used quote through out the night: "Can't see shiiit!!!"
    xXx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Soups

Once a month
    Bren + Crew !!

Cheers guys for our initial night game!!;) and fair play to all that played:D! new bunker is fab;) cheers to WOOF for the assistance in the light show:rolleyes:, tracer BBs rule for night games:cool: the team had a ball.

S.O.U.P.S.:cool:
    ARU

Once a month
    Good games today Bren and the BBQ was top stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

Every two weeks
    craicing weekend!
    great night game.
    well done to all you first time night gamers.
    pleasure having A.R.U down. thanks lads and ladies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

what time are gates open on saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Harveey

Every two weeks
    9.30 am mate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Every two weeks
    had alot of fun on the monday gas/spring day,
    even got the rarity of me and sean bein on the same team :eek: sadly not for the full day thou as he then owned me with his e20 wonder shotgun :D:D
    know alot the folk that play in fingal honest players but it was one of the most honest filled day ive played in a while,the marshalles could of easily took the day off

bren any chance of making spring/gas day a monthy/bi-monthy thing???

ps. cathal thanks for a buzz of the ghillie, strongly considering gettin one now and as you said, how often do ya see a bush skipping round killhouse with a double barrel shotgun? :p:p:p

ps2.bren the new addtions to the site are nothing less than ive come to exspect from you,top notch. if need a spare pair of hands to hammer and dig in future give no hesitations in givin me pm or txt

ps3....still cant play online :mad::mad::mad: god damn you sony

Once a month
    What Ste said. This spring/gas should be a regular occurance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

Every two weeks
    i can just imagine stee skipping around the kill house with a ghillie suit on , a mad max shot gun and revolver and a ebb mp40 on his back ... and dont forget looking bad ass in his army of two mask :P

f*cking hell , sean your shot gun is awesome for 20 quid and it also hurts when you get shot in the lip by it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Every two weeks
    i can just imagine stee skipping around the kill house with a ghillie suit on , a mad max shot gun and revolver and a ebb mp40 on his back ... and dont forget looking bad ass in his army of two mask :P

f*cking hell , sean your shot gun is awesome for 20 quid and it also hurts when you get shot in the lip by it haha

ya forgot the claymores :cool:
    ps its 1man3letters not 1man4letters ,ste :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kavlin88

Every two weeks
    where do i put my name down for the night game

Every two weeks
    kavlin88 wrote: »
    where do i put my name down for the night game

In the events thread for the night game or by email:)

Bren:)

Every two weeks
    Fingal Airsoft's
    3rd year Birthday Bash!

We are celebrating our third year in business, we have installed a lot of new features including new exciting props (fully functioning digital bombs) a new base capture system, a new trench and fox hole and a brand new Delta base that's three times the size of the last Delta base!

Saturday 30th of April: Normal opening times 9:30am to 5:30pm
    Sunday the 1st of May: Normal opening times 9:30am to 5:30pm
    Sunday night: "The Mindoro Files" Night op MilSim: Gates open 8pm- game on at 9pm
    Monday 2nd of May: Normal opening times 9:30am to 5:30pm
    We will also have a BBQ on Monday and a draw for a new AimTop M4 sponsored by M.I.A.

The draw is open to anyone who plays over the weekend and you will be entered into it for free!

Once a month
    a brand new Delta base that's three times the size of the last Delta base!

Haven't been able to make it down for a couple of weeks, and won't be able to get there this weekend either unfortunately. :-( My airsoft trigger finger is itching like f**k..

The foxhole looks cool, got any pics of the new delta base?

Once a month
    Great games yesterday. Weather was brill too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 YellowStan

Brilliant games on Sunday. Still drinking water to re-hydrate....
    Did shoot a guy on full auto after he decided not to take a 'bang' kill.....bit sorry...bit of a mistake on my part :o...but he didn't offer the same courtesy when he shot me at closer range earlier, hence the sneak around after re-spawn.......anyway guy decides on the 'hard' way...then I suppose its supposed to be hard.....must remember that 'semi' position on the selector......wonder if the guy will actually bring 'bang' into his game :rolleyes:

Shot in the back :eek:......was I what !!! Everyone didn't seem to know you were allowed 'first cover' in that last hunt-the-respawn (downed pilot)game........boy was he p*****off when I wouldn't take the hit :p. Hope he complained and was put straight..........

Absolutely fantastic day overall.............:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭mikeyod123

So who won the m4?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

YellowStan wrote: »

Shot in the back :eek:......was I what !!! Everyone didn't seem to know you were allowed 'first cover' in that last hunt-the-respawn (downed pilot)game........boy was he p*****off when I wouldn't take the hit :p. Hope he complained and was put straight..........

Absolutely fantastic day overall.............:D:D:D:D:D

I am confused.:confused::confused::confused: Would you explain what is happening or what the rule is regarding "first cover" and why you dont have to take the hit? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 YellowStan

Dogwatch wrote: »
    I am confused.:confused::confused::confused: Would you explain what is happening or what the rule is regarding "first cover" and why you dont have to take the hit? Thanks

If both teams are using the same respawn point, once you respawn you are allowed to get INTO COVER. You dont have to run, (some sites use a 20sec rule), and they are NOT allowed to shoot you when you are still in the open. First cover is generally better as you dont have someone just chasing you down after respawn and you dont end up running into a hail of fire in your desire to create distance. Allowing them the same curtesy means that once you are in cover you know the other team members at the respawn point are effectively non-targets until they decide to take up a covered position and they can safely walk away in the open in they choose. You can put your sights on them to cover them while they move away, especially if they are moving in your direction, but you are expected not to fire until they signal, by taking up a position, that they are back in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭oneill787

Hi, I got a raffle ticket when playing at the site on Sunday. You said to go to Fingal Airsoft Facebook page for the results. Could you link me to the page because i can't find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

YellowStan wrote: »
    If both teams are using the same respawn point, once you respawn you are allowed to get INTO COVER. You dont have to run, (some sites use a 20sec rule), and they are NOT allowed to shoot you when you are still in the open. First cover is generally better as you dont have someone just chasing you down after respawn and you dont end up running into a hail of fire in your desire to create distance. Allowing them the same curtesy means that once you are in cover you know the other team members at the respawn point are effectively non-targets until they decide to take up a covered position and they can safely walk away in the open in they choose. You can put your sights on them to cover them while they move away, especially if they are moving in your direction, but you are expected not to fire until they signal, by taking up a position, that they are back in the game.

Thank you for that. Very simple rule.
    Sadly there is always one who does not listen to the briefing:D:D:D

Every two weeks
    oneill787 wrote: »
    Hi, I got a raffle ticket when playing at the site on Sunday. You said to go to Fingal Airsoft Facebook page for the results. Could you link me to the page because i can't find it?

Ok some people didn't get tickets after the night game.... so I matched their name to a ticket number.
    I ask the wife to pick a number out of the hat and the WINNING NUMBER IS: 369

Congrats to who ever has the winning ticket.... you have won yourself a new Aim Top M4A1 courtesy of M.I.A.;);)

You can collect it this weekend at The Orchard if you have the winning ticket, if no contact from the winner is made before or at the weekend I'll re-draw a winning ticket.

Thanks to all who attended over the weekend to help us celebrate our 3rd year in business.

Bren:)

Once a month
    Did you have to play Sunday to be in the raffle? :)

Every two weeks
    swiftblade wrote: »
    Did you have to play Sunday to be in the raffle? :)

Tickets were handed out to everyone on Saturday and Sunday;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Was the ticket picked out anybody that played on sunday night?

• Advertisement

Once a month
    Tickets were handed out to everyone on Saturday and Sunday;)

Crap, I obviously missed that :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement