Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United Ireland Poll

Options
  • 10-05-2008 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

If it were up to a vote, would you wish to see a 32 county, taking in to account the consequences of the result within the Unionist community if it were granted

Mine is a no vote. I think with the way things are going now in europe we all will be one european nation..

United Ireland, wold you vite yes or no? 353 votes

Yes, to a united Ireland
    0% 0 votes
    No,
    56% 200 votes
    Undecided
    43% 153 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Not adding a poll? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Cá bhfuil the poll? I vote for a 31 or 25 county country. Not bothered which. I just want to give the Corkonians what they want ;)

EDIT: Poll was added after my smartarsery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    Not adding a poll? ;)

Jeysus ted gimme a second :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Nope. Would be happier to see the North cut off and dugged over to England than for Ireland to be "United".

Also don't want to be part of a United States of Europe and will be moving elsewhere should it happen.

• Advertisement

rb_ie wrote: »
    Nope. Would be happier to see the North cut off and dugged over to England than for Ireland to be "United".

Also don't want to be part of a United States of Europe and will be moving elsewhere should it happen.

The rb.ie haters are now campaigning for a YES to Europe.

I think you just swong the balance in favour of the YES brigade now! :p:D

snyper wrote: »

It'll be practically unanimous so :pac:

I didn't know people with severe mental disabilities were allowed vote?

javaboy wrote: »
    It'll be practically unanimous so :pac:

Correction: It will be unanimous then :D:D

lol... thats a good question actually, i can see it now.. all those wheelchairs been lined up at the polling booth.. :pac:

• Advertisement

lol... thats a good question actually, i can see it now.. all those wheelchairs been lined up at the polling booth.. :pac:
    Wheelchairs are for the physically disabled :p

I can picture it now, those who "hate" me lining up (with their carers), getting the slip, going to the booth and getting distracted and end up drawing pictures of animals on it instead of actually voting.

Wilburt if you read this don't take offense

Wheelchairs are for the physically disabled :p

Not if they are in a practical vegative state :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'd vote yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,996 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Damn Snyper you political activist you :)

I voted Undecided - not my place to be honest. Nor can I vote on National Issues here anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

If it were up to a vote, would you wish to see a 32 county, taking in to account the consequences of the result within the Unionist community if it were granted

Mine is a no vote. I think with the way things are going now in europe we all will be one european nation..

I'd have to go with Snyper on this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Yes vote. I thought as a nation we were above all the small mindedness and bigotry? Ireland has nothing to be afraid of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'd vote no, what would we have to complain about if that happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,996 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

stepbar wrote: »
    Yes vote. I thought as a nation we were above all the small mindedness and bigotry? Ireland has nothing to be afraid of.

From what Ive read in the last month: No, you're not.
    Theres still a lot of Loyalists and Unionists and Seperatists around the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Absolutely 100% yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Voted no
    Feels like we would be taking on someone elses problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Nope, don't want it. Sure doesn't Britain have to pump like £7 billion into it every year to support its economy? They are stuck with it now, muhaha!

My first priorty is to see the Roscommons contained together where they can harm no decent people.
    I'm too focused on this goal to have time to think about the North.

Krieg wrote: »
    Voted no
    Feels like we would be taking on someone elses problems

Or, helping the entire Island to come together and solve them together?

There are alot of people up North identifying themselves as Irish who would probably shed a tear to remarks like this, or the cutting off the North remark. They are still us Irish and no different from us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Voted Yes.

For the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

javaboy wrote: »
    I vote for a 31 or 25 county country. Not bothered which. I just want to give the Corkonians what they want ;)

hahahaha good man, very funny like

Im very much undecided. I'll be happy either way just as long as there are no more killings TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

Definitely no. Leave it as punishment for the UK. The amount of money they have wasted on NI over the years is crazy.

Off-topic - Does anybody have a ratio of input into the North's economy compared to the tax output?

dlofnep wrote: »
    Or, helping the entire Island to come together and solve them together?

Why should we do that? They're part of the UK, like it or not and they are a burden to the UK. Let it remain that way and let the UK look after it. Why should we take on such a burden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Because it's the island of Ireland and the six counties were taken by force. I don't care how long ago it happened. It was still unjust.

• Advertisement

Why should we do that? They're part of the UK, like it or not and they are a burden to the UK. Let it remain that way and let the UK look after it. Why should we take on such a burden?

Because it's apart of Ireland. It's an integral part of our history and culture, only recently divided. It is a small land mass and makes no sense whatsoever being seperated. Unity on this Island, where everyone is accepted and treated equal makes sense. Under current British administration, the loyalist big wigs can flex their might and veto out areas of importance to Irish people like the Irish Language Act.. This would be respected in a United Ireland.

But if anything, we should do it because thousands of people on this Island have given up their life for it's Unity and Freedom. You're not being asked for your life, just for a nod of the head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement