Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3b - Physical Competence Test

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

cmcskeane wrote: »
    Hahahaha. I almost did the exact same thing but then just chickened out for fear of embarassment. :pac:

haha i did do. ah well we will all get to know each other when we get down to college im sure :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

soundlad wrote: »
    well done dub chick dude87 and spudley. passed this afternoon myself delighted. breathing was surely difficult throat was in bits afters . all worth it do we all passed . . . :D:D:D

Cheers soundlad and congrtas to you to man and to everyone!!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

haha i did do. ah well we will all get to know each other when we get down to college im sure :D:D

+1 :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

awww i keep missing the pct's :(

i wanna come and watch, stupid rowing

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Spudley

well done dub chick dude87 and spudley. passed this afternoon myself delighted. breathing was surely difficult throat was in bits afters . all worth it do we all passed . . . :D:D:D

Thanks a million Soundlad
    Still waiting on the call....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

hi guys
    i know i'm being very lazy but the thoughts of reading all the posts are not very appealing! i have to do a presentation in college on the pre entry and in service performance evaluation in the guards and the fire service so i hoping someone could describe what the PCT involves please?.

timbertime wrote: »
    hi guys
    i know i'm being very lazy but the thoughts of reading all the posts are not very appealing! i have to do a presentation in college on the pre entry and in service performance evaluation in the guards and the fire service so i hoping someone could describe what the PCT involves please?.

You'll find video footage on garda website and on youtube also. Lazy boll*cks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

anyone doing any training for the pct's coming up this month. i have nine at the end of jan and i pulled a muscle in my leg. hopefully it wont affect me too much

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭RandomPunter82

PCTs starting next week - can't wait to get the circuit completed, i'm all psyched up and ready to Go, who's with me!! Bring it On............ :eek::P:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jillybean

PCTs starting next week - can't wait to get the circuit completed, i'm all psyched up and ready to Go, who's with me!! Bring it On............ :eek::P:eek:

Haha, thats the spirit :D What day are you doing it? I'm up tuesday morning ... cant wait to get it over and done with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Aine M

Up next week as well,roll on Thursday!Best of luck to all doing PCT's next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭0325422

anyone else for pct on tues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

Just a quick note to say best of luck to all those doing the PCT this week.

And you never know about getting the nod for Feb 2 but it is best to pass everything first and then see what happens!

Yeah, best of luck to all! The nerves pick up just beforehand, but the lads working there are very helpful and will put you at ease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Alias B

Question:

WHat kind of ID do you need with you going into the PCT? :)

ID:
    I had a drivers license with me but was asked for nothing as far as I can remember. You do fill out forms so am sure signature is cross checked or they might have a pic of you.

Format:
    - Met in college reception (told nothing so feels you are in wrong place!)
    - Brought to the hall and told to change in changing rooms
    - Everyone goes back into the hall
    - Quick intro by training guys who were sound
    - Fill Out Forms
    - Watch a guy doing the course
    - Everyone walks the course
    - Get an intro to the Push 'n' Pull Machine and shown technique
    - Everyone leaves the hall
    - 1st 2 people stay in the hall
    - 1st person completes course, gets a couple of mins to recover and then into the machine (you are weighed and measured here too)
    - 2nd person in the meantime completes the course and so on
    - No time wasted at all between people
    - Once you pass you are free to leave

The waiting around is the only pain in the ar*e if you are down the list besides that it is over fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

I didnt need any ID going into it. Dont know if you need it nowadays. I would presume your application will be there on the day along with the pics you provided earlier in the process.

Thanks for that lads!

I can stop worrying about where the hell i last saw my passport and concentrate on the task at hand!

Looking forward to it now!

Cheers!:D

Wahoo, passed PCT this morning :D ... and now the waiting begins!!:mad: Good luck to everyone doing it on Thursday, ye'll be grand. Everyone in my group seemed to be passing easily enough.

Word of advice; bring the letter you got when booking your PCT with you, there's a number on there that you need when filling out your forms. Some of the lads today didnt have it with them and one of the instructors had to go ringing HQ looking for it ... oh and drink plenty of water as well as it's very stuffy in that hall

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunkissed12

jillybean wrote: »
    Wahoo, passed PCT this morning :D ... and now the waiting begins!!:mad: Good luck to everyone doing it on Thursday, ye'll be grand. Everyone in my group seemed to be passing easily enough.

Word of advice; bring the letter you got when booking your PCT with you, there's a number on there that you need when filling out your forms. Some of the lads today didnt have it with them and one of the instructors had to go ringing HQ looking for it ... oh and drink plenty of water as well as it's very stuffy in that hall

Well done Jillybean !! You're nearly there :) you could even be in for Feb :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

Well done!!! Congratulations! Nice feeling to know its all completed now, shame we all still have to wait though! :rolleyes:

This is really good advice! I had mine this afternoon and there was very little oxygen in the hall! Hada head rush after the course from lack of oxygen to the brain i think but passed with flying colours so all is well!

Gd luck to everyone else doing it!!!!!:P

Well done ...

Did anyone get an offer after the test?

Paolo5 wrote: »
    Well done ...

Did anyone get an offer after the test?

As far as i can tell knowone got an offer to start!

We were just told that HR would be in contact!!!!

Is that the SOP? Feic!!!!

Well done Jillybean !! You're nearly there :) you could even be in for Feb :D
    Well done!!! Congratulations! Nice feeling to know its all completed now, shame we all still have to wait though! rolleyes.gif
    Thanks guys, I dont know about Feb, nobody was told anything about an offer or start date, we were just told that we passed and to go! But you never know ... I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed but there's people who did their PCT back in October who are still waiting so I think I'm in for a long wait yet :( I just hope that there is a May intake this year.

Alias B wrote: »
    As far as i can tell knowone got an offer to start!

We were just told that HR would be in contact!!!!

Is that the SOP? Feic!!!!

Yeah, that's what they were telling us all too in October. Still haven't heard yet but it's all done at least.
    Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mark420

Spudley wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what they were telling us all too in October. Still haven't heard yet but it's all done at least.
    Well done

I did my pct at the end of september and got the call in december Spudley so id say your not too far behind me. Im from the jan 08 campaign, Its worth the wait anyway.

passed my physical yesterday. am delighted. drink plenty of water before you do it because the hall is very hot. it really drains you. alot of the girls were failing which wasnt very nice to see. they really are at a disadvantage on the push n pull machine. thats were they seemed to be getting caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bettyboo1

horse1 wrote: »
    passed my physical yesterday. am delighted. drink plenty of water before you do it because the hall is very hot. it really drains you. alot of the girls were failing which wasnt very nice to see. they really are at a disadvantage on the push n pull machine. thats were they seemed to be getting caught out.

Congrats horse1, God thats awful to hear that a lot of the girls failed.
    Was it just the push pull they failed??

• Advertisement

ya. they all seemed to be failing on the push n pull machine. i think they get to retry the physical in a few weeks. not sure though

Advertisement