Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3b - Physical Competence Test

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lollydoodles

soundlad wrote: »
    how is everyone set for pct this week ?? best of luck to everyone. have mine wednesday think im set but really nervous bout it .

Hey Soundlad getting nervous now myself, its all down to this now really. fingers crossed we will be fine. Best of luck to Everyone!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

how is everyone set for pct this week ?? best of luck to everyone. have mine wednesday think im set but really nervous bout it .

Hey soundlad hows it going?? Have mine wednesday aswell, you in the morning or evening??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

Hey Soundlad getting nervous now myself, its all down to this now really. fingers crossed we will be fine. Best of luck to Everyone!! :D

i know its a good bit of pressure thinking about it. its my 3rd time goin through this so would hate to have start all over again. im up in the afternoon dude87. how about you ? how you feeling about it ?

im up in the afternoon dude87. how about you ? how you feeling about it ?

Ah im on in the morning! Not feeling to bad about it been honest just wish it was over and done with now!!

Ah im on in the morning! Not feeling to bad about it been honest just wish it was over and done with now!!

you been doin much fitness work and all for this ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

If any way fit you will be fine. The worst is over in the process and the course is fine. Decent pace and no mistakes and you will cruise it.

you been doin much fitness work and all for this ?
    I have been going to the gym a few nights a week so should be ok hopefully! What about yourself? I cant see it been a major problem but you never know:rolleyes:

I have been going to the gym a few nights a week so should be ok hopefully! What about yourself? I cant see it been a major problem but you never know:rolleyes:

been going to gym and all. just some of the obstacles might be tricky. ah well no point in getting to worked up about it either. wat do people make of there chances of getting in for november if all goes well in pct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dub chick

been going to gym and all. just some of the obstacles might be tricky. ah well no point in getting to worked up about it either. wat do people make of there chances of getting in for november if all goes well in pct

hey Soundland i'm up in afternoon too! See you there! There'll be a blonde and a brunette there looking nervous but laughing their way through the nerves! keep and eye out! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jakestephens

If you do any sort of exercise you'll sail through this no problem!!! i rushed through the first and most of the second lap and by the third my legs wer a bit weak ha! did it in 2:20 i tink!they will call out your first lap time to you so that gives ya an indication of how your doin! i was one of the last people to go so i was able to watch other people which is a help!! the day i did it alot of people knocked the bar off wen going under so be carefull der. they jus make you go under again if thats the case!!push pull is handy enough aswel.
    Good Luck to everyone doin it this week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

good luck tomorrow soundlad and dubchick..just pace yourselfs and ye will fly it

Anyone up in the morning?? Good luck to all!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Spudley

In on wednesday afternoon myself. More excited than nervous for this stage which is a relief cos nerves prior to exam, interview and medical were a balls.

Spudley wrote: »
    In on wednesday afternoon myself. More excited than nervous for this stage which is a relief cos nerves prior to exam, interview and medical were a balls.

lucky ypu spudley . im a bag of nerves :( cheers celtic. how you getting on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

good luck tomorrow to everyone, ill be sure to take a look in to check on the talent ;)

how did everyone get on at pct today ?

Hi all had the pct this morning......alot easier than I thought it would be, needless to say i passed and am delighted now! Just have to wait on phonecall but at least everything is over and done with!!:D:D:D

passed today! by the skin of my teeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aarrggghhh!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Spudley

Was in this afternoon, passed thank god. Jaysus, breathing wasn't too easy coming out after the run - what was that all about??

Spudley wrote: »
    Was in this afternoon, passed thank god. Jaysus, breathing wasn't too easy coming out after the run - what was that all about??

well done dub chick dude87 and spudley. passed this afternoon myself delighted. breathing was surely difficult throat was in bits afters . all worth it do we all passed . . . :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bettyboo1

Dub chick wrote: »
    passed today! by the skin of my teeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aarrggghhh!!! :D

Congrats Dub chick & all who passed today :)
    Just wondering Dub chick, how did u find it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭goouch

Passed PCT today was up at 2, was grand so happy its all over now good to know no more we can do BUT WAIT :D:D

Well done to everyone who passed!! come on that phone cal!!

bettyboo1 wrote: »
    Congrats Dub chick & all who passed today :)
    Just wondering Dub chick, how did u find it??

it was tough but its do able in the time. Just don't do what i did....wait for beep before you change direction on push / pull. you'll fly is missus!

Don't think anyone failed yesterday up til i left.....and there was a very large group!

Give it welly! :D

congrats everyone!!! i asked a group of people i was outside with if they were from Boards.ie and they all looked at me like i had ten heads! whoops! :D

congrats everyone!!! i asked a group of people i was outside with if they were from Boards.ie and they all looked at me like i had ten heads! whoops! :D

Ha ha! dont tink anyone der on my day was on boards either!
    with the push pull thing are ya not supposed to wait for the beep and den change direction? dats wat i did anyway!Ah well all over now, i hate waitin

Ha ha! dont tink anyone der on my day was on boards either!
    with the push pull thing are ya not supposed to wait for the beep and den change direction? dats wat i did anyway!Ah well all over now, i hate waitin

ye you do wait for beep. thats what i said above u looney :D i was changing direction before the beep! brutal!

but as u see above there was loads above who were there yesterday! trust me to pick the ones who weren't from Boards! hehe! anyway............its all over and lets all just wait on the phone call!!! :D

Sorry Sorry didnt read your post right!! I was talking to a mate of mine and he said november is definitly out the window and with the reducing of recruits next year, ill probably be lookin at may, slight chance of feb!!! very frustrating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lollydoodles

Congrats and well done to everyone who had their pct yesterday!!:D i had mine at 2 and it went well thank god!! glad its all over and done with now. back to the waiting room for a phone call!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jt123456

Hahahaha. I almost did the exact same thing but then just chickened out for fear of embarassment. :pac:

Advertisement