Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3a - Medical Examination

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 bckeogh

I think because he cut backs they are recruiting by the order of merit from our exam results, better you did in aptitude the quicker you'll be called, glad to hear they're given a bit a leeway in the time for the medicals. its bad enough waiting to get called but to have to get called again for one would be horrible. I was in top 10 n batch 1 of May 08, just to give an example of how they're calling. just finishing Jan 08 and moving onto may 08. hopefully we all get called asap. bit of luck they might up yhe numbers due to the high level of expected retirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

That's what I am hoping. With a bit of luck May 08 will be in for this May. if I have to stay any longer at this current job I'll go nuts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭sweetlass

bckeogh wrote: »
    I think because he cut backs they are recruiting by the order of merit from our exam results, better you did in aptitude the quicker you'll be called, glad to hear they're given a bit a leeway in the time for the medicals. its bad enough waiting to get called but to have to get called again for one would be horrible. I was in top 10 n batch 1 of May 08, just to give an example of how they're calling. just finishing Jan 08 and moving onto may 08. hopefully we all get called asap. bit of luck they might up yhe numbers due to the high level of expected retirements.

hey just wonder is it based in order of merit for interview or aptitude? and did u get a ref no yet ****/08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

hi guys

anyone know how many medicals are been done this time round :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 big neilly

I would like to become a garda but i was born blind in my left eye, i have near perfect vision in my right eye is there any hope of me passing the medical

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

big neilly wrote: »
    I would like to become a garda but i was born blind in my left eye, i have near perfect vision in my right eye is there any hope of me passing the medical

hey big neilly
    This is take form garda.ie

.....Any of the following examples of medical conditions may be a bar to passing the medical exam:
    Defective Vision: the vision standard required of a Garda trainee is not less than 6/18, 6/18 (correctable to 6/9, 6/12) unaided by glasses or contact lenses, with normal colour vision.....

link click here Here

hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 eddiemc5

hey guys, think this is the place i should be. passed interview and am waiting waiting waiting......any others getting fed up??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 D.B.Y

I did my apitude test last june and passed by interview last Augest and so far I have heard nothing about a medical. You think they would have the courtesy to tell you were you stand in the recruitment process.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

I'm in the same situation myself passed the interview in August and heard nothing since. I take it you are in batch 2 aswel are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tommi78

Count me in there guys..... but a little bit later than yerselves....

Batch 2

Apptitude in May

Interview last October

Still waiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Yep me too. Batch 2, interview last August, nothing since..

i belong here aswell interview was done early august and not a dickie bird since:mad::(:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 wispa

im here too passed interview in August and still no word on medical. im batch 1 aswell:mad:

ya, i mean when you ring up all they say is that they are waiting on background checks. i was told that they could take up to two years. sure how can anyone wait two years??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭pink star

Ohhh big mistake Eddie!!! If your dedicated and truely want this job you will wait 2years for it!! haha! Kidding! The wait is hard and it's even harder to plan your life! I mean obviously we want the jobs but to be kept in the know would be a nice thing! I defo think they should have some sysytem that we can check to see how our applications are going! Ah I suppose I may aswell add my name to the list, passed interview in August and like the rest of you I have heard nothing! Except when I rang HQ I got the same old story....your background checks aren't back! Funny thing though is all my relatives are in Ireland!!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

Yeah, im in pretty much the same boat as the rest of ye.. May Batch2, passed interview in aug, nothing since... Looking like we'll be waiting till at least november guys. We'll get there eventually! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 wowwee123

think i belong here too... apt june, interview Oct and still nothing :( at least im not alone...

anyone heading to the open day on the 2nd of april:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭D22

andrew1985 wrote: »
    anyone heading to the open day on the 2nd of april:)

Didn't know there was an open day. I've been at one before but about 2 years ago before I started the recruitment competition. Since I'm heading down in May, I might head along to this to give myself a bit of a reminder on where things are.

Cheers for the heads up ;)

pink star wrote: »
    Ohhh big mistake Eddie!!! If your dedicated and truely want this job you will wait 2years for it!! haha! Kidding! The wait is hard and it's even harder to plan your life! I mean obviously we want the jobs but to be kept in the know would be a nice thing! I defo think they should have some sysytem that we can check to see how our applications are going! Ah I suppose I may aswell add my name to the list, passed interview in August and like the rest of you I have heard nothing! Except when I rang HQ I got the same old story....your background checks aren't back! Funny thing though is all my relatives are in Ireland!!! :confused:

yea, they dont over work themselves anyway. gonna go to that open day on 2nd april n see if i can get some info on when we could be called.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

eddiemc5 wrote: »
    yea, they dont over work themselves anyway. gonna go to that open day on 2nd april n see if i can get some info on when we could be called.

yeah, might head down myself! seems a bit stupid of them to have an open day and get peoples hopes up if they're not going to be recruiting again this year don't you think?? that's what i think anyway!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭pink star

I went to the last open day guys it's great to see the college and you get to see people doing the PCT well they show you what you have to do. They just show you around it's very interesting but they don't know anything either in relation to the recruitment. I'd defo go but don't get your hopes up on getting extra info but mind you if you do get some....please feel free to let us all know!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jwt22

It says on the garda website that "information on the recruitment process will be available".
    Do you think this means they will give an indication as to when there will be a campaign or just be explaining all the stages?
    Fingers crossed for a new campaign! :o

I doubt it, if it says information on the recruitment 'process' then Im sure they mean info on how to go about applying to join. It will be nothing you dont already know from reading this forum tbh. In saying that the open day is well worth going to! Its good to get a feel for the place and everyone is very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jwt22

Blue Belle wrote: »
    I doubt it, if it says information on the recruitment 'process' then Im sure they mean info on how to go about applying to join. It will be nothing you dont already know from reading this forum tbh. In saying that the open day is well worth going to! Its good to get a feel for the place and everyone is very helpful.

I kind of figured that. Anything they have to say will prob go through the official lines and won't be just announced on the day. I went to the one in October. I'm just wondering if there would be any point in going down again. Probably not?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 The Skipper

With the recent recruitment campaign and the previous, AGS have enough candidates in the pool to fill the places for the year or possibly abit more. I do see a recruitment drive happening this year but not until around August or September.

As a word of warning I would suggest not looking for info on upcoming campaigns while down there. As far as I can tell Templemore is the biggest rumour mill of all so any info you get down there could be inaccurate. The last rumour I heard from there was about a month ago, that there were no more intakes for the rest of the year. Low and behold we now have offers out. I even know of a guy who heard this and decided to ditch his application and go traveling so dont hang your hat on rumour just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

Blue Belle wrote: »
    As a word of warning I would suggest not looking for info on upcoming campaigns while down there. As far as I can tell Templemore is the biggest rumour mill of all so any info you get down there could be inaccurate. The last rumour I heard from there was about a month ago, that there were no more intakes for the rest of the year. Low and behold we now have offers out. I even know of a guy who heard this and decided to ditch his application and go traveling so dont hang your hat on rumour just in case!
    I totally agree with this post. The rumours are unreal.

Im starting to go crazy waiting on medical and pct :( is there medicals ongoing at the minute????????????:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

andrew1985 wrote: »
    Im starting to go crazy waiting on medical and pct :( is there medicals ongoing at the minute????????????:)

My son is in the same boat as yourself. Going nuts waiting for the medical call. He's May 08,batch 2 and the same age as you. You're not alone, they have not forgotten about you.

Advertisement