Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3a - Medical Examination

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 White Wolf

@ Sunkissed12 and LeSurfer:

Just wondering what batch are ye from??? And congrats by the way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭LeSurfer

White Wolf wrote: »

Jan 08 batch 2

LeSurfer wrote: »
    Jan 08 batch 2

Ah right I'm from may myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunkissed12

Hey,

Jan 08 also

Hey,

Jan 08 also

Cool thanks for the info!:D

Best of luck by the way!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunkissed12

Cool thanks for the info!:D

Best of luck by the way!!

Cheers.

Do you know whats happening with your application ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭pr43

LeSurfer wrote: »
    Jan 08 batch 2

hey, what sort of notice do you get from the call to the date of the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

I got a weeks notice for my medical and I couldn't do it that day so they rescheduled a month later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭LeSurfer

pr43 wrote: »
    hey, what sort of notice do you get from the call to the date of the medical?

2 weeks

Cheers.

Do you know whats happening with your application ?

I have everything done and just waiting for a start date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

I have everything done and just waiting for a start date.
    Me too!!! Its a right pain in the rear. I can't plan anything!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

www.garda.ie

Site got a revamp ... might help waste a few mins!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Stevo93

can you join the force if you are red green color blind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 fitzer32

it says u cant in the application but i was told by a guard it just means u cant drive a squad car. i hav a very slight colour deficiency so i hope der not too strict at the medical about havin another guess!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 conorarmagh

Hey all, anyone in this boat? I applied JAN 08, interview MAY 08, then nothing since, absolutely nothing! I know with this whole recession things are slow, but thats 9 months! Its so disheartening but hopefully it will be for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kmurray

Hey all, anyone in this boat? I applied JAN 08, interview MAY 08, then nothing since, absolutely nothing! I know with this whole recession things are slow, but thats 9 months! Its so disheartening but hopefully it will be for the best!

passed interview in april not a word since....

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OverKill

Hi all. Thinking about trying out when next recruitment phase comes up. Just have a question about the medical. Some of my teeth are crooked, will i be required to have that taken care off before being admitted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭pink star

Has anyone had any calls in relation to the medical yet???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭D22

yup. Have mine in during the first week of March and will be in the May intake if all goes well so fingers X'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

D22 wrote: »
    yup. Have mine in during the first week of March and will be in the May intake if all goes well so fingers X'd.

Hey D22,

What batch you from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

Just remembered, you are from the 2007 recruitment, yeah?

God you still waiting?!

Even I have my fingers crossed for ya at this stage :D

Cheers Murphy. At least I know this is the last step for me anyway so fingers crossd it will go as well as my first one did ;)

Thats great conor, have they said your background checks have cleared? Fingers X'd it'll be plain sailing for you from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭pink star

Well done guys I've my fingers x'd for you. Looks like I have a much longer wait than expected!!! I'm from May 08! Spoke with HQ about 3 weeks ago and checks are still not back!!! I'd say may is completely out of question for me at this stage!!! I wish there was somewhere we could see how are applications are going, the not knowing is the worst!!! Good luck to you two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

hey guys, I'm from may 08 as well! sure does look like a long wait for us guys! hopefully intakes continue throughout the year though to keep everything moving. was talking to a guy i know in the SDU who's pretty high up and he said they were contemplating scrapping the 2 yr programme in Templmore and bringing it back to the 6 month job they used to have to cut down on spending. don't know how this will effect everyone or if it's good or bad. just thought i'd share it with you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Alias B

karlokarl wrote: »
    hey guys, I'm from may 08 as well! sure does look like a long wait for us guys! hopefully intakes continue throughout the year though to keep everything moving. was talking to a guy i know in the SDU who's pretty high up and he said they were contemplating scrapping the 2 yr programme in Templmore and bringing it back to the 6 month job they used to have to cut down on spending. don't know how this will effect everyone or if it's good or bad. just thought i'd share it with you all!

Makes sense.....

I know the Army did something similar a few years ago. The Cadet School used to be 21 months and now its 15 months. It was dragging out too long and i suppose they thought on-the-job trainning is as good as any! Makes a lot of sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭pr43

Alias B wrote: »
    Makes sense.....

I know the Army did something similar a few years ago. The Cadet School used to be 21 months and now its 15 months. It was dragging out too long and i suppose they thought on-the-job trainning is as good as any! Makes a lot of sense!

hmmmmn tough one!

does this mean less recruits or more recruits thru much faster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 P The Emcee

I did interview in August 2008 and have heard nothing since. Info is sent off for background checks since then and I'm waiting on medical and fitness. See people are waiting up to 2 years. Is this normal or any ideas what the average wait is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 djpon85

Newbie to boards here and from May 08 batch 1. Still waiting call for med and pct and have been told background checks are not complete. I reckon that it is a relative in England who might be causing the delay. Am I right??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

it could be. im from may 08 batch1 and i have relations in england and in europe. i have everything complete. im just waiting on the call.

Advertisement