Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3a - Medical Examination

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

jos28 wrote: »
    My son is in the same boat as yourself. Going nuts waiting for the medical call. He's May 08,batch 2 and the same age as you. You're not alone, they have not forgotten about you.

im batch 1 meself, i know hopefully in the next few months things will start moving,you never know we could be in the same intake:)

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

andrew1985 wrote: »
    im batch 1 meself, i know hopefully in the next few months things will start moving,you never know we could be in the same intake:)
    So there are ones from May batch 1 still waiting to get called for a medical? Have you rang Appointments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 wispa

CuteStuff wrote: »
    So there are ones from May batch 1 still waiting to get called for a medical? Have you rang Appointments?

im from may 08 batch 1 and still waiting on a call for medical.did my interview mid august

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

Hi cutestuff, I'm May batch one aswell and still waiting for medical. When I rang about three weeks ago they said they were just waiting for my application to be approved by the commissioner. Don't know how long we'll be waiting for medical:confused::confused:

karlokarl wrote: »
    Hi cutestuff, I'm May batch one aswell and still waiting for medical. When I rang about three weeks ago they said they were just waiting for my application to be approved by the commissioner. Don't know how long we'll be waiting for medical:confused::confused:
    O hopefully they will resume. Maybe they are busy at the mo prepping all paperwork and stuff for May intake that they aren't schelduing medicals. Just a suggestion. Could just be all part of the waiting game though. :confused:

• Advertisement

Just got a call to do medical in April! Looks like the ball is rolling again!!

That is brilliant!!! Best of luck with it!!! Did they mention when the PCT dates would be?! I'm excited for you. As you said, the ball is rolling again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Galway Elvis

Just got a call an hour ago. Got the medical in HQ on the 14th April. PCT will be booked that day if medical is passed. I dont think the ball ever stopped rolling, it just rolls very slowly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭pink star

Just got a call an hour ago. Got the medical in HQ on the 14th April. PCT will be booked that day if medical is passed. I dont think the ball ever stopped rolling, it just rolls very slowly.

That's brilliant news! The best of luck with it. What competition are you from and what batch?

Best of luck. Great to see the ball is creeping (now we can hardly call it rolling) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Galway Elvis

Batch 1 May `08. Interview 17th July `08. Backround checks since.

That's good news least we know things are moving. I'm from batch 2 so fingers crossed I hear from them soon. :) Well done Mr.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Falony

hi
    could you tell me what batch your from. I did my interview in sept 08 and I was from batch 2 may 08. Still waiting on a medical..

Thanks

Falony wrote: »
    hi
    could you tell me what batch your from. I did my interview in sept 08 and I was from batch 2 may 08. Still waiting on a medical..

Thanks

Hey Falony I'm batch 1 from May...Im sure you wont be waiting that long for the call. Just be patient!:)

Hey cutesuff, he said the pct's would be in the weeks following so i'd imagine we'd get a pct date on the day if we pass!! Here's hoping anyway...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 D.B.Y

Hey Falony I'm batch 1 from May...Im sure you wont be waiting that long for the call. Just be patient!:)

Hey cutesuff, he said the pct's would be in the weeks following so i'd imagine we'd get a pct date on the day if we pass!! Here's hoping anyway...:D
    I had a missed call from a private number at around 3pm today. I dearly hope I didnt miss my chance to do the medical. I from batch 2 may 08 and did my intrview in August. I can't imagine who else would be ringing me on a privte number.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

It's great to see people are starting to get called again for medicals, hopefully i'l get a call soon enough!!

D.B.Y wrote: »
    I had a missed call from a private number at around 3pm today. I dearly hope I didnt miss my chance to do the medical. I from batch 2 may 08 and did my intrview in August. I can't imagine who else would be ringing me on a privte number.

Mine was about 2.30 and from a private number aswell and I missed it...but they did leave a message...

Mine was about 2.30 and from a private number aswell and I missed it...but they did leave a message...

Hi karl,

did they ring your mobile or landline?best of luck with med:)

That's what they usually do anyway, send you to building furthest away from where you had the medical to book your PCT. You are all chuffed with yourself as you are walking over. :D Knowing that there is just one last hurdle (well a set of stairs, balancing beam, gate etc. :)) is a great feeling.

Hey guys do you know how many people are in a batch???

• Advertisement

That's what they usually do anyway, send you to building furthest away from where you had the medical to book your PCT. You are all chuffed with yourself as you are walking over. :D Knowing that there is just one last hurdle (well a set of stairs, balancing beam, gate etc. :)) is a great feeling.

That's presuming I pass!! By the way, do you need some sort of med report from your doctor for the last three years?? I think I read that on this forum a while back but the guy on the phone just said to bring photo i.d......

That's presuming I pass!! By the way, do you need some sort of med report from your doctor for the last three years?? I think I read that on this forum a while back but the guy on the phone just said to bring photo i.d......
    Can only speak for myself but I didn't need to bring anything with me other that a full bladder! :D I can't even remember them asking for photo id!!! I never had to produce any id since the day of the aptitude tests. Which is a bit slack on their part. I could have sent anyone in to do my medical and pct!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fireblade1

Hey may batch 2 interview in sept 08 still waiting on medical!
    Need to call HQ for update on background checks !
    would love to get a call for a medical at least i would have some hope then!
    A friend of the family just retired there and he said there were at least 500 requests for retirement on the Commissioners desk so hopefully they will start moving to replace them!
    good luck to everyone who got medical dates - very jealous!

Can only speak for myself but I didn't need to bring anything with me other that a full bladder! :D I can't even remember them asking for photo id!!! I never had to produce any id since the day of the aptitude tests. Which is a bit slack on their part. I could have sent anyone in to do my medical and pct!!! :)

Thanks for that!! Maybe I might send someone else in for me then:D Better start going to the gym a bit more then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 JOT

Hey everyone,
    Just a quick post to say i got a call today for the medical on 14th april. The guy on the phone offered dates from the 14th till the 23rd so they must be planning on holding a good few. Not sure how many they do in one day.
    Anyone any idea when the next intake to templemore is?
    Best of luck to everyone else doing the medicals.

JOT wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    Just a quick post to say i got a call today for the medical on 14th april. The guy on the phone offered dates from the 14th till the 23rd so they must be planning on holding a good few. Not sure how many they do in one day.

hi JOT,

next intake is may :)

Cool, I thought it was August for some reason. What are the chances of getting by may? Bit unrealistic?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Falony

Hey everyone,

hi JOT
    could you tell me what batch your from and when you did your interview
    cheers

Hey Falony,
    Im from May Batch 1, did my interview on the 14th august, got results on 19th August and havent heard a thing till about 3 O clock this afternoon.:)

• Advertisement

Hey Falony,
    Im from May Batch 1, did my interview on the 14th august, got results on 19th August and havent heard a thing till about 3 O clock this afternoon.:)

i done my interview the same day as you,great to here you got the call hopefully i wont be waiting to much longer:)

Advertisement