Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(2) - The Aptitude Test Results thread

Options
  • 12-02-2014 5:09am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

Please use this thread to post your results instead of the other thread which is for questions about the actual Aptitude Test itself.

Thanks,

-Shield.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Marshall987

Just got a text message saying I have a message in my account :-0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Just got a text message saying I have a message in my account :-0

and do you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Marshall987

Canyon86 wrote: »
    and do you? :)

Ya I did! Not good news unfortunately I didn't pass, and there is only 5000 going through to stage 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭RANDOMUSER

just over 12,000 have passed this stage. Those 12,000 have been broken down into three batches. The first batch will be 1-5000, the 2nd is roughly 5001-9000 and the third is 9000-12000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

RANDOMUSER wrote: »
    just over 12,000 have passed this stage. Those 12,000 have been broken down into three batches. The first batch will be 1-5000, the 2nd is roughly 5001-9000 and the third is 9000-12000

Thanks :) where did you see that? I was totally freaking out at the thought of just 5K passing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

But everyone will find out today regardless?

Yes, everyone will receive notification today. Im sure they are being issued in batches similar to the call ups for the exam

Garda Trainee 2013 Campaign

Candidates for this campaign were required to take a number of tests which are designed to identify potential to become a Garda Trainee. The selection process has been developed to assess the key skills and attributes necessary to perform effectively as a Garda Trainee. You were required to meet the minimum qualifying score on each of the three tests.

When using psychometric such as those you undertook at Stage 1; i.e. Assessment Questionnaire, Verbal test and Discovering Rules, rather than having one mark or two marks per correct answer, statistics are used to calculate candidate performance so that it can understand how each candidate performed relative to others.

For example, for the Garda Trainee campaign, it was necessary to combine the candidate results from three different tests. Because the Questionnaire has more items than the Verbal Test or the Discovering Rules test and all three have different levels of difficulty, it is not possible to just add the results together.

Therefore, results are converted into a similar scale for each test. This means that it is possible to add different test results together and ensure each test will have the same weighting. Please note that scores from this round will not carry to subsequent stages.

In this instance the scores range from 0 to 8,000 for each test.

You have been provided you with your score on each test; additional details will not be provided on scoring e.g. right or wrong answers on each test.

Numbers in each Band:

Band Placings
    1 1 to 5,000
    2 5,001 to 9,000
    3 9,001 to 12,602

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Whoever is number 12602 got in by the skin of their teeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

So does this mean half of people who applied will get to stage 2? Anyone else get a message?

• Advertisement

No over 50% got wiped out straight away, only 5,000 will be called to the next stage, there is no guarantee that batch 2 and 3 will be called.

Out of the 5,000 lets say 50% pass the next stage that gives a panel to interview of 2500 wipe out another 500 through ineligibility on education requirements and you've got 2,000. Out of 2000 about half of that will be needed to be interviewed maybe to get 300 recruits. Could be a waiting game for those in batch 2 and 3.

Likewise, whoever is number 1 should be given the commissioners job, some achievement whoever it is

Max score on each test was 8,000 so they would have been up near that score on at least 2 of the tests

Wow that's harsh.... Look like there really going to start motoring with the recuirtment to get recuirts in fast, it crazy people who didn't progress won't ever get a chance of been a garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Where is all this information coming from can somebody please say ... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

anybody else get a message yet?

or is it just Randomuser?

also fair play to randomuser for posting up,

No message received yet, on my fourth glass of whiskey

Now this is a super random guess but normally results issue in batches of lets say pass/fail. e.g. for accuarcy you would have in this case 4 seperate score files one for fails and then one for each successful batch.

So based on this i reckon the fail results were the first to issue given it has the larger amount and then the rest will follow.

Again I dont want to get peoples hopes up as it does take a few hours for results to issue from PAS servers. But fingers crossed those who havent heard yet MAY be getting good news!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

Just received good news :)

Congrats juicy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Juicy432 wrote: »

Congrats juicy, hope I hear good news soon !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Juicy432 wrote: »

Best of luck. Did you get a text or did you just check

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

I wonder are they Doing it alphabetically or by batch???

its in batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lady Kitkat103

Got my news :D

There's 3 bands

Don't panic like I did

Just read everything you get carefully

Best of luck

:D

its in batches.

Some one on another forum got into batch 3

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Murphster

What does it mean for candidates finishing in bands 2 and 3?

The initial top 5000 will be called to the next stage first, as the need arises they'll dip into the other batches.

Its very similar to the way the TCO campaign has been done if anyone is familiar with that campaign

Im guessing (educated ones) at alot of this by the way, like everything on the interwebz dont believe everything you read :)

So basically band 2 and 3 aren't worth a sh1te.
    With 5000 in the first band they will surely recruit 300 from that.

• Advertisement

That would be my honest opinion but we'll have to wait and see exactly what the wording is for those who received results in batches 2 and 3.

Cant really see them testing a further 10,000 just for 300 posts, like i said earlier there is plenty within the 5000 to get what they need for now.

I could be wrong though

Advertisement