Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are you single?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I'm fussy and haven't found the right girl or the wrong one who will do as a standby

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

'Cos I can't be bothered with a relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ciakee

Hmmmm multiple reasons I'd imagine.

1) after my last boyf wandered off travelling I decided to hang onto the idea he was coming back, sad I know!

2)Have this niggling feeling that I SHOULD be single because I'm only 23, and there's "so much i still have to do", I dunno if that's all nonsense and I really am missin out on something

3)I've become so programmed to being single I've almost forgotten what it's like to have to consider another person into everything, or even progressing much further than shameless flirting on a night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Was asked by a hot girl after in Cavan town after I coming from the United game! :D Out of my stupidity I said no!! I completely bottled it! Turned my back and let my brother talk to them, because I was in disbeliefe and partly shy! Please keep the slagging to a minimal, I'm annoyed with myself enough as it is, and I don't need you guys adding to it. But if you have help, grand! :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Been single for two years! Dont like it. Have a 4 year old daughter every weekend, which really limits my availability!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I like being single. If I'm with someone I care about that's great too. Being single means I can concentrate on me and my direction through life for a while, without worrying about someone else's. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Being part of a relationship thats good and balanced is great. The thing is that's quite rare in my experience and of those around me. Maybe I'm fussy, but out of all the couples I know and have known I can think of only two, three at the outside that I would like to emulate. Most are not so great, or downright destructive especially as the years pass. They're in it out of habit or fear of not having that. Not so good. Don't believe me? Well look at the notion that 50% of people will divorce in places where that's easy to do. Of the 50% left a good proportion of them aren't happy. How many good marriages does that leave? That's marriage where people have decided to take the extra step. Your average common or garden bf gf dealio? So it's a lot easier to be a "perfect" single than a "perfect" couple. Which is strange logic but there you go. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

because i don't want to be.

if i don't want something i have it, if i want something i don't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

-Cuz i hold really high standards for the girls i go for.
    -Cuz there ain't many girls who can stand upto the standards i'm looking for in a girl.
    -Cuz i don't go for the ones who seem to be below the certain benchmark i have set.
    -Cuz after my recent break up, i was too screwed up to be in a relationship. It just wasn't gonna be fair for either of us. Though now i'm ready to get back in one.
    -But i'm realising how hard it is to find the perfect girl i'm looking for. The love.

and cuz.....

-nobody loves me... :(

Guess, its gonna be a goood while before i can ever taste love again.................

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Because I broke it off with my ex about 3 months ago. I am single cause even though I dont regret my relationship, I now know I do not want to be in a serious relationship. I am 20 and reckon it's about time I started acting like a 20 year old :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I have no time for all that bolox. casual sex is sufficient

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Ive Galloping Knob rot.

Women tend not to like men with it.

Shallow bitches.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm not because everybody loves me, but if I was it wouldbe because of my modesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

I'm single and don't particularly want to be. Have never been in a real relationship and am in early 20's now. I don't know why I'm single. I'm sure fellas I've been with could tell you!

[Way to go making me feel better about my singledom life! "I couldn't imagine being single"/"Anyone who thinks being single is better than having someone is kidding themselves".... Seriously, way to go!! :( ] lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

[Way to go making me feel better about my singledom life! "I couldn't imagine being single"/"Anyone who thinks being single is better than having someone is kidding themselves".... Seriously, way to go!! :( ] lol

If I said "I couldn't imagine being single", and I probably did, without looking back, it's a statement about myself. Every statement isn't about you.

Slow coach wrote: »
    If I said "I couldn't imagine being single", and I probably did, without looking back, it's a statement about myself. Every statement isn't about you.
    I know. Jeez. Relax. I just don't think it's good to have such a dependence on someone else. That you have to be with someone. C'est mon opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Single for about 6 weeks now. Only thing I miss is knowin when Im gettin my bit next (and even at that I did all the fcukin work).

Apart from that, not being texted when Im on a night out asking how Im doing every hour, not being obliged to log onto MSN as soon as I get in the door and chat for 4 hours, not having to concede to seeing her and giving her her bit after Im bollixed from work all day, not having to down mints and oranges after my post work spliff* to get rid of the taste on the breath as she was all anti drug, I swear the first month free I had some type of ephiphany, a moment of clarity.

*: well, seeing as hash seems to have disappeared, that 9 million Garda haul of the relief supply not helping, and all thats going is that parsley that passes for weed in Ireland, Im not currently doing that, but still.

Jaysus Id love a smoke.

Id like to be attatched if she was beautiful, laid back and shared the exact same interests as me. But if not....meh.

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    Single for about 6 weeks now. Only thing I miss is knowin when Im gettin my bit next (and even at that I did all the fcukin work).

Apart from that, not being texted when Im on a night out asking how Im doing every hour, not being obliged to log onto MSN as soon as I get in the door and chat for 4 hours, not having to concede to seeing her and giving her her bit after Im bollixed from work all day, not having to down mints and oranges after my post work spliff* to get rid of the taste on the breath as she was all anti drug, I swear the first month free I had some type of ephiphany, a moment of clarity.

*: well, seeing as hash seems to have disappeared, that 9 million Garda haul of the relief supply not helping, and all thats going is that parsley that passes for weed in Ireland, Im not currently doing that, but still.

Jaysus Id love a smoke.

Id like to be attatched if she was beautiful, laid back and shared the exact same interests as me. But if not....meh.
    Classic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

I'm single because I run an isp which is a 24 hour job. women don't like when you walk out to fix stuff in the middle of the night.

Especially if you're in the middle of er.......... something ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I know. Jeez. Relax. I just don't think it's good to have such a dependence on someone else. That you have to be with someone. C'est mon opinion.

Perhaps I should have worded the original post differently. I should have said "I can't imagine being without her." I don't have to be with someone; I have to be with her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭smellybiker

Coz i drove away the one man who loved me more than he loved anyone else...

i'd give anything for that feeling of love again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I'm way too hideous for someone to ever love me.

Slow coach wrote: »
    Perhaps I should have worded the original post differently. I should have said "I can't imagine being without her." I don't have to be with someone; I have to be with her.
    Yeah, that's better actually. It's okay, thanks :) I'm probably just jealous that I don't feel like that about anyone, or have anyone to feel like that about me. And I guess that's what I really want. To be desired. Argh. Shut up me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I used to love being single up til I was about 19/20.

Then I met herself and soon realised how good being in a serious relationship is. Now living together (approaching 15 months together) and I can honestly say I don't miss being single at all.

I used to love going on nights out on the píss, last time I was in a club I found myself complaining like an oul fella about how packed it was/bar queues/the heat/volume of the music/etc and left really after about half an hour with herself to go home and crack open a bottle of wine infront of the tv.

I really realised how much things had changed recently when I passed up the opportunity to go to 2manydjs this sunday because I didn't fancy being in a room with a load of people on pills, whereas a few years ago I'd have bought a ticket the day it went on sale :D

Especially if you're in the middle of er.......... something ;)

Well I can usually wait that 5 mins. *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sangre wrote: »
    I'm way too hideous for someone to ever love me.
    I think that your rough inner city Dublin accent and high standards are your downfall tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Cause I'm a ****

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Fun while I'm young!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Fun while I'm young!
    stds for you and me!

• Advertisement

Sangre wrote: »
    stds for you and me!
    Booo std's for some, minature patriotic flags for others?

Advertisement