Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are you single?

Options
  • 02-05-2008 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Seriously. If you are single then why? Its not you its them? You like having time for you? Its not the right time? I dont like to be tied down?

I havent been single for the last 15 years and the idea of it doesnt appeal to me at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

We are all single.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

^ exactly.. Born alone.. Die alone..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I wouldn't knock being single so fast there OP. You don't get the hassle and you have more free time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've had a girlfriend since I was 15, and the transition periods in between relationships were - literally - non existent. All my friends are often moaning about how a girlfriend is a tie down, personally I can't imagine not having one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

because I smell like ass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Try it, you might like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Winded up single as of a few months ago. Was a bit lost at first. Havin some fun now. Off to New Zealand in a month. No interest in having a relationship get in the way of that! :D:D:D

When I come back I'll just go back to having fun and play by ear. I don't actively seek to go out with people. Maybe I should.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I don't want to depend on someone else for my happiness, it's pathetic.

Booty calls for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I've been single since Monday. Bleargh, it sucks. Anyone who thinks that being single is better than having someone is kidding themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Don1 wrote: »
    Winded up single as of a few months ago. Was a bit lost at first. Havin some fun now. Off to New Zealand in a month. No interest in having a relationship get in the way of that! :D:D:D

When I come back I'll just go back to having fun and play by ear. I don't actively seek to go out with people. Maybe I should.............

Replace New Zealand with London and that's me in a nutshell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mru

Mordeth wrote: »
    because I smell like ass

honest to god, some of the people I know...they quite like that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I get plenty of time to do the things I like to do, being in a relationship doesnt stop me from doing anything I want to do.

So who is single and doesnt want to be?

Who's attached and wants out?

Who's happy as they are either way?

cornbb wrote: »
    I've been single since Monday. Bleargh, it sucks. Anyone who thinks that being single is better than having someone is kidding themselves.
    Pretty sure that's the other way around. ;)

This guys speaks the truth!

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's the other way around. ;)

Nope, i'm pretty sure that having someone who loves you in your life beats the ass out of watching TV alone and ****.

Sabotage wrote: »
    This guys speaks the truth!

Ok, at 30 you might be right in thinking that.

However at 20 here.. being tied down to one person would be..horrible.
    Never a chance with anyone else unless you break up? you get attached to the person you're going out with and end up depending on them for your emotional state..they're angry with you and you get pissed off or sad etc.

I don't know how anyone can see it as being any less than pathetic tbh..

EDIT: and cornbb, Who said you're alone the whole time?
    Ever hear of friends and just meeting people?
    Why get attached for no reason other than this "security" that people imagine being there...which isn't..because everyone is a cheater at the bottom of it.

I agree with cornbb - have been in a relationship for the past 1 and it's flown by. We've both got similar interests, and she supports the same team as me. Pretty much a mate as much as my gf. Couldn't imagine being without.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

it isn't through choice :(

emo donk :(

Nope, i'm pretty sure that having someone who loves you in your life beats the ass out of watching TV alone and ****.

LOL!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think some of you are suffering from CBD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Im single a few months now. Broke up with my ex of 2.5 years. I have had some of the best and worst times of my life in these past few months. Why am i single? Haven't met anyone i want to get in a relationship with.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Ok, at 30 you might be right in thinking that.
    That's a good point actually. When you've got kids and are tied down you have to convince yourself it's a good thing. Fair play I say!

Firstly, anyone in a relationship who feels "tied down" is in the wrong relationship.

Secondly, being in a relationship is on a biological par with crapping, eating and breathing. Its an animal instinct, and claiming that its not our natural, comfortable state is just sheer denial.

I'm not saying that periods of being single are bad, I just don't see how it can be conducive to happiness in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Sabotage wrote: »
    I havent been single for the last 15 years and the idea of it doesnt appeal to me at all.

Going out with the Internet doesn't count!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

y am I single?
    Hmm… million $ question

I was in a relationship for 5yrs and I broke up with him over a year ago. I didn’t want to jump into anything too soon. But that was over a year ago…
    I guess I am looking for the “one” the one who adores me, treats me well and generally makes me happy. Haven’t found him yet :)
    I enjoy being single though; not a care in the world, no responsibilities.
    On a second thought, I wouldn’t mind being in a relationship

I didnt say being single was wrong, I said it doesnt suit me.

My question was, why are you single?

Clio's answer was that she feels to young to be in a committed relationship - perfectly valid.

MOrdeth said its coz he smells and then posted that very funny clip - also valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Single here, but certainly have nothing against relationships.
    If one came along with the right girl, I'd be fairly happy to pursue it.

Wouldn't bother me to stay single a while either. Bit of freedom to score anyone you want on a night out.

Wouldn't bother me to stay single a while either. Bit of freedom to score anyone you want on a night out.

just so you know - when you're in the right relationship, the above doesn't bother you mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Man, that's just crazy, NOTHING beats watching TV alone and ****. It's what inspired all the greats to.....greatness, which they used to get fabulously wealthy and buy huge mansions to sit in alone while they watch TV and wanked (often at the same time!).

• Advertisement

If you were 14 the last time you were single 6th how do you know if it suits you?
    I imagine you take quite some looking after.

Advertisement