Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everest, WSOP, etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

^^ Grow up would you ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

2+2 has actually got a big community feel to it imo. look at all the trip reports and monthly threads. and ftr even more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭boba_fett3099

2+2 has actually got a big community feel to it imo. look at all the trip reports and monthly threads.
    If your part of the clique...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

It is inevitable that the nature of boards will change as it falls victim to its own success. Roll with the punches gentlemen. It isn't going to die because a handful of people feel alienated by the content produced by a majority of posters.

One so called 'top guy' posts and a lot of ye jump on the bandwagon you mean, im not talkin about this thread but a lot of others.

• Advertisement

just like the one on boards?

Penny = Dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

It is inevitable that the nature of boards will change as it falls victim to its own success. Roll with the punches gentlemen. It isn't going to die because a handful of people feel alienated by the content produced by a majority of posters.

I actually agree. I just think this change has a tinge of sadness.

• Advertisement

just like the one on boards?

Are you not? 8000+ posts says otherwise for one thing.

luckylucky wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with this, and it is sad. Its not gonna stop me reading or posting, but i guess people who liked this forum for its community feel will just go where they get the best strat advice which would be 2+2..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Meh, the whole clique thing is over exagerated, if people post a lot in the same forums theyll get to know each other and have a laugh, anyone can join in and do the same. If I started a new job tomorrow Id expect it to take a while to get to know people, I wouldnt start crying in front of them about how they were too cliquey.

I'm not sure I agree. Examples?

using yourself as an example you dont dare question roundtower or valor in threads but you will speak down to lot of the lesser lights.

Penny = Dropped

i was being sarcasitc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

luckylucky wrote: »
    Why do you think anything will or has changed?

Surely in the past (before this) there were people you didn't particularly love that posted. I'd still be happy for someone I like doing well or winning a package, and just as before wouldn't be too bothered either way, if someone I didn't have much time for won one.

I can't see how anything has or will change, unless you let it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

RasTa wrote: »
    Why you quoting me for? I've had an irrational hatred for Holla since he started posting here. Might get on in person but he is a twat on here.

Anyway there is no point in going back into the argument of if he cheated or didn't. Decision has being made but let's face it it was only made because of the previous thread which I have a problem with. Basically Holla and R4AD should of kept their mouths shut. But it's obv rag2gar's fault for posting it in his blog but several boardsie's should not of said anything after he edited his blog imo. The saying busybody springs to mind.

I'm just awake, read all of this. I'm going to make 1 reply and leave it at that, this thread is going nowhere. I've known for a while about this situation but obviously couldnt say anything until now. Any abuse/criticism directed at me is unfair, i'm allowed an opinion on issues the same as anyone else. From what i'm led to believe, the "investigation" undertook by Everest was a kangaroo court, basically being told he's guilty before even charged. It brings up a technical point - where are Everest based and on what jurisdiction? Isle of Man is it? Anyway....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055271026&page=9

i left 1 comment on page 3 saying take the blog down, then said nothing until page 8 or 9. There was plenty being said in the interim about cheating, grey area etc. Debating the ins & outs of what he actually did is not being a busybody, everyone is entitled to an opinion, friends or not friends.
    I actually dont think there's a whole lot wrong with friends being in the room. It's not for me but in general it's an unenforcable rule & relatively widespread. I do have a problem with the general attitude here - shouts of "it's wrong, lynch him!" from their high horse if it's sorel mizzi or someone like that but when it's someone we know (and like) it's "ah fair play to ya kid, stupid rule anyway". It's either wrong for all or wrong for none. I'm pretty sure if a less-well-liked boardsie did the exact same thing you'd see a different reaction.

If my internet went down in the same situation i would get someone to finish it for me. No point cutting your nose off to spite your face, your internet going down is not your fault. Nobody cares about that part of it, and nobody really cared about someone taking over for him either...what i wouldnt do is switch to a 3rd location and get more friends involved, then win and write about the teamwork!!

That was my position throughout the thread and never wavered and i'm not going to waver now. People can blame who they want but it wont change anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I think this thread has gone way over my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,624 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I am genuinely surprised by all the handbags.
    This seems like its just ranting, would be better off in the sticky at the top.
    I'm surprised at the thread being reopened, its seems like a publicity stunt.
    This subject is best left to die and let the poor man who lost out forget about it.
    He doesn't need to be reminded of it every time he logs on to boards.
    As for the rest of you, I went back and read the original thread and there are usually two sides to every argument, but this seems more like a triangular argument with repetition.
    Its just the same thing over and over again.
    Sometimes you just have to accept that there will be no agreement between opposing views and leave it at that.
    So just quit the childishness and start some decent threads.

• Advertisement

lol. Thats ridiculous. I don't always agree with Roundtower's posts. And how could I find Gavin's strat posts objectionable? So yeah, I disagree with you and think your perception of things is very incorrect.

this isnt the thread for it Lloyd but imo your are a yes man to the 'bigger hero posters', im not sure why. ive read many posts from you saying, well you would destroy me heads up or something along those lines to certain posters therefore leading new or inexperienced posters to believe that that is gospel.

You have quite a reputation as a good player lloyd so when ppl read you praising these posters they begin to think its the way to go. thus creating the majority you refer by saying "A handful of people feel alienated by the content produced by a majority of posters"

All my opinion of course

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Please close this thread, the matter is over. Everyone now knows Gary loss his seat, yes very unlucky and badbeat mate.

If this thread is allowed to continue I'll be very disappointed, it brings nothing to the forum and will allow some people create a situation that we dont really need.

For people that think this is a community, please grow up. Its a poker forum where people look for advice on live poker, hands etc. A lot of people are friends and have become friends, but most people here are professional to semi-professional players and that makes poker a business.

As I said, this thread as no value and I totally agree with Smurph

As for people that email Everest, thats really sad and there's a saying,
    "what goes around comes around".

now close it for **** sake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Thank you to everyone who has given me support over the past few weeks. I have been really down at times over this episode and I'm pleased to have such people to turn to in times of woe.

I am not going to attack anyone for what happened as I can only blame myself for leaving doors open by what I wrote in my blog. Yes it was wrong. Yes it was naive and yes I should not have wrote it. But what it most certainly was also, was an act of inocence. At the time of writing I was barely fit enough to write a note to the milkman, let alone such a closely scrutinised blog entry. I had been awake 25 hours (after the sat, I spent hours over a college project) and was both crushed with euphoria and suffering from emotioanal exhaustion. What i wrote was both not a true represntation of what happened and was sensationalised in the extreme.

I made loads of rash comments such as "I would not have won this ticket on my own". I wrote this purely because I knew the people concerned would be reading it. I did not want them to think I was arogent and taking all the credit. I wanted them to feel a part of my achievement. Much like me thanking my mother or my brother for their support. In truth, I believe I would have won the ticket on my own. Hense why I am in the process of re-qualifying.

I would like to address the facts. None of this was deliberate. None of it was planned. My internet connection failed. I really don't know what the correct or ethical thing to do is when this happens. I just did the first thing that came to my head and tbh I've no regrets. I cannot concede the tournament cause my internet failed. Esp when its a $500 WSOP sat with not many players remaining and being CL. Also I cannot help that there were other people in the room. After all, it was their room!

My final point I'd like to make is about my punishment and how it was carried out. I was not at any point asked for my side of the story by Everest poker. They acted as both judge and jury. To be penalised in a kangeroo court has left a sour taste I can assure you. I was given the maximum punishment too for what is not a "maximum" crime. I have lost my package and ordered to close down my account.

Has justice been served? I think not.

I just read Gary's thread. I dont know what you were thinking, its really bad and you say we so many times. If Everest saw that there's no hope.

As I said Gary, I'm sorry to hear you loss the ticket.

Ste05 wrote: »
    Why do you think anything will or has changed?

Surely in the past (before this) there were people you didn't particularly love that posted. I'd still be happy for someone I like doing well or winning a package, and just as before wouldn't be too bothered either way, if someone I didn't have much time for won one.

I can't see how anything has or will change, unless you let it.

Well my perception of the forum has changed, some newbies coming in and even some regulars who think what happened to rag2gar and what hollowmints did was alright doesn't rest well with me. This isn't the community forum that I thought it was, or at least it no longer is imo.

Obviously if I like someone I want them to do well that doesn't change. In regards to others well I just won't pay any heed to their success or otherwise, it's not as if I'm going to be offering up prayers to see them lose ;)

As LuckyLloyd said this forum is evolving. I know for some nothign has changed but I personally and clearly others too view it differently than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

rag2gar wrote: »
    Thank you to everyone who has given me support over the past few weeks. I have been really down at times over this episode and I'm pleased to have such people to turn to in times of woe.

I am not going to attack anyone for what happened as I can only blame myself for leaving doors open by what I wrote in my blog. Yes it was wrong. Yes it was naive and yes I should not have wrote it. But what it most certainly was also, was an act of inocence. At the time of writing I was barely fit enough to write a note to the milkman, let alone such a closely scrutinised blog entry. I had been awake 25 hours (after the sat, I spent hours over a college project) and was both crushed with euphoria and suffering from emotioanal exhaustion. What i wrote was both not a true represntation of what happened and was sensationalised in the extreme.

I made loads of rash comments such as "I would not have won this ticket on my own". I wrote this purely because I knew the people concerned would be reading it. I did not want them to think I was arogent and taking all the credit. I wanted them to feel a part of my achievement. Much like me thanking my mother or my brother for their support. In truth, I believe I would have won the ticket on my own. Hense why I am in the process of re-qualifying.

I would like to address the facts. None of this was deliberate. None of it was planned. My internet connection failed. I really don't know what the correct or ethical thing to do is when this happens. I just did the first thing that came to my head and tbh I've no regrets. I cannot concede the tournament cause my internet failed. Esp when its a $500 WSOP sat with not many players remaining and being CL. Also I cannot help that there were other people in the room. After all, it was their room!

My final point I'd like to make is about my punishment and how it was carried out. I was not at any point asked for my side of the story by Everest poker. They acted as both judge and jury. To be penalised in a kangeroo court has left a sour taste I can assure you. I was given the maximum punishment too for what is not a "maximum" crime. I have lost my package and ordered to close down my account.

Has justice been served? I think not.

Very good post Gary.

Really feel for you in losing the ticket. Like others have said its not the end of the world, hopefully some day you can laugh about it over a few pints, while sat on a bed of money after winning the WSOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Hollaments, you were very wrong to email what you did to Everest.

apologies if this has already been covered, but would he be just as wrong if he had emailed Paddy Power in the same situation? Or do you just not like Holllaments and want to have a cheap go at him? I'm not quite sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭KINGofHEARTS

Ollieboy wrote: »
    Please close this thread, the matter is over. Everyone now knows Gary loss his seat, yes very unlucky and badbeat mate.

As for people that email Everest, thats really sad and there's a saying,
    "what goes around comes around".

now close it for **** sake

Are you not the guy who started a thread about Sorel Mizzi being caught cheating online

If so, how is this guy rag2gar "very unlucky and badbeat" for losing his seat ???

Utter contradiction IMO

Gary = Unlucky
    Sorel = Cheating Scum

• Advertisement

Are you not the guy who started a thread about Sorel Mizzi being caught cheating online

If so, how is this guy rag2gar "very unlucky and badbeat" for losing his seat ???

Utter contradiction IMO

Gary = Unlucky
    Sorel = Cheating Scum

Have you read the thread or do you just look for arguements all the time. I said from the start it was cheating, but that I didn't feel he did it on purpose. As he admitted himself, a stupid mistake.

Also, I told Sorel to his face that I thought what he done was wrong, unlike most people who dont have the bottle and still look up to him.

Finally, dont come on here trying to throw **** at me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement