Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everest, WSOP, etc

Options
  • 29-04-2008 4:07pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, this thread is obviously to talk about the controversial situation with rag2gar/WSOP/Everest etc.

I really didn't want to start this, but several threads are being overtaken by this and derailed, and also rag2gar has said that the situation is at a conclusion now anyhow.

There will be no finger pointing or accusing in this thread. No abuse of people. Unless you have positive proof (whichI doubt), do not accuse. This attacking also includes towards rag2gar.

If you can't live with that then don't post. I very much doubt there will be warnings given in this thread, it will be bans. Warnings were given in other threads before about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

5starpool wrote: »
    If you can't live with that then don't post. I very much doubt there will be warnings given in this thread, it will be bans. Warnings were given in other threads before about this.
    You've all been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Theres a storm brewing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

ma man

popcorn_10000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

as per my previous post? anyone want to stand up and be counted? you felt stongly enough to copy the original blog and sent it to everest..... and you strong enough to stand up for your convictions?

all I have to say on the matter....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

In all seriousness do we know if it was actually someone from boards, not some randomer who found the blog/thread who mightn't even be Irish, could be anyone...Or do we know it was someone from here?

If it was someone from here they're complete scum, but that goes without saying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr Minraise

Has he got actually got the package taken away?

If so its a complete joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

There will be no finger pointing or accusing in this thread. No abuse of people.

bit pointless then. :rolleyes:

Anyway clear that most people don't give a damn about what happened, no one seems to feel the least bit guilty, no surprise there:(.

This has ripped the heart out of this forum imo, there certainly is no overall boards poker clique now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Can someone give me cliff notes on all the events please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Slash/ED wrote: »
    In all seriousness do we know if it was actually someone from boards, not some randomer who found the blog/thread who mightn't even be Irish, could be anyone...Or do we know it was someone from here?

If it was someone from here they're complete scum, but that goes without saying.

That's the thing for me as well. I'd be very surprised, and disappointed, if someone from here would do that, no matter what their opinions on the issue are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Slash/ED wrote: »

We'll never know unless someone actually comes out and admits it.

I can't see it happening though, because all the evidence is pointing towards a "friend" or someone who at least reads Garys blog regularly enough to have seen it before it was taken down.

Since noone else has said it yet since it became public knowledge, I'll be the first to say: Sorry to hear about what happened rag2gar, really ul man. Keep the chin up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Save me reading a 23-page thread on the matter. I know there was the issue of help being given (a non-issue imo).

But why would someone be bitter enough to try to get a $13,000 package off someone who is apparently quite likeable? Its not a rhetorical question btw, i honestly don't understand. Did someone on here lose money?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Who the hell is going to admit to it if you're all already calling the guy a lowlife scumbox? Lets not forget that whoever did it, was not the cheater(whether deliberate or not), so don't go making fools out of yourselves(probably too late on that note)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,157 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

Ste05 wrote: »
    You've all been warned.

From my understanding of it there was more than one complaint to everest regarding the situation...

gary will no doubt fill us in at some stage of exact details but my understanding was he got a mail withdrawing his prize and when he challenged it they produced his original blog in screen shot format...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

luckylucky wrote: »
    bit pointless then. :rolleyes:

Anyway clear that most people don't give a damn about what happened, no one seems to feel the least bit guilty, no surprise there:(.

What do you want them to do? They can't go around drawing up new forum rules whenever they please.

Macspower wrote: »
    you felt stongly enough to copy the original blog and sent it to everest

I was under the impression that several emails not just one were sent to Everest about this. Did someone definitely copy the original blog and sent it to Everest, because as far as I know even a deleted blog entry can be retrieved as search engines archive them, so the chaces are no one actualy emailed them the deleted blog, Everest probably managed to retrieve it themselves when directed to Gary's blog

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

In the Jackpot on Saturday night, I actually asked Gary if i could buy a couple of percent of him for the WSOP. He told me he lost the package and Keith and Mick told me what happened. I am amazed that someone could do this and would hope that the would come on here and explain why this was done. It might also be an idea to get some sort of response from Everest if that is possible?

Gary, if you are reading this, i would still buy 5% of you and if you get enough backing you could still play the WSOP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

But why would someone be bitter enough to try to get a $13,000 package off someone who is apparently quite likeable?

petty-minded spite, disgusting behaviour in my book

rb_ie wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about what happened rag2gar, really ul man. Keep the chin up.

Complete opposite to what you said in the congrats thread, pfffttt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

rb_ie wrote: »
    Indeed. However, I don't get why everyones suddenly assuming it was Holla, he doesn't even know Gary so why would he bother ratting him out? There's an equal amount of unregistered people browsing this forum as there is registered members, they read everything we do so why should it automatically be assumed that it wasn't one of them?

If a copy of his original blog entry was emailed to everest, then it narrows down the field significantly. As far as I know, not many even got to read it before it was edited and who regularly reads his blog anyway? Does Hollaments? Maybe so but I very much doubt it.

Was the blog entry taken down before the "Well done rag2gar" thread was posted? If so, it narrows it down even further to the few who actually do read his blog regularly, or those that he told about the updated blog (i.e friends/people he talks to on msn etc). Is holla one of them? I doubt it.

from the other tread and directed at me, I wasn't saying it was Holla, and don't think it was him. I think your right and the answer lies in who read had a copy of the blog for the short time it was up

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Save me reading a 23-page thread on the matter. I know there was the issue of help being given (a non-issue imo).

But why would someone be bitter enough to try to get a $13,000 package off someone who is apparently quite likeable? Its not a rhetorical question btw, i honestly don't understand. Did someone on here lose money?

some muppets just want to have the offical line say that they are corect im sure who ever sent it never did 61 in a 60 mph zone either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

luckylucky wrote: »
    Complete opposite to what you said in the congrats thread, pfffttt
    I realise that but I never felt it should be taken away from him as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Ok, this thread is obviously to talk about the controversial situation with rag2gar/WSOP/Everest etc.

I really didn't want to start this, but several threads are being overtaken by this and derailed, and also rag2gar has said that the situation is at a conclusion now anyhow.

firstly I think it was very bad form that the chain of "events" so to speak of Gary winning the WSOP tickets were sent to Everest, and yes I feel very bad for Gary, but Everest obviously felt that his actions (however innocent) were in breach of T & C, so I honestly cannot see the point of this thread.

Do people here really think that the person who sent the copy of the blog is going to come on here and admit to it. Come on now let's keep it real!!

The only thing that this thread is going to do is to add fuel to an already big fire.

I have highligted above because Dom has mentioned that the situation is at a conclusion? Maybe if Gary could tell us what happened with Everest it might clear things up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

[MOD NOTE:
    Some details of this post have been cast into doubt later in the thread. We await details from BCB as to his sources and/or back-up for the below. It appears there were several e-mails sent to Everest Poker and not just the one from Holllaments as it appears from reading the below.

Ste05]

a couple of things.

Hollaments, you were very wrong to email what you did to Everest. Garys account was only suspended and investigated after your email. If you, or Lloyd/Cardshark or others who seemed to think that your mail would be of no consequence are genuinly that naive then I am truly baffled. If a mail like that arrived into some of the staff in here and found its way to my desk id know within an hour what tournament/player etc the events surrounded. You single handidly brought Everest Pokers attention to this issue and in my eyes are solely responsible. This holds true by the fact that Garys account was only suspended subsequent to your email which was 3 or 4 days after the ticket was won, believe me, very little in the way of routine checks occur with this time lag so it could only be with attention that a specific tournament would be checked. Your behaviour from what I have seen of it marks you down as an exceptionally immature individual. May I suggest that you grow up and have more consideration for the consequences of your actions on others.

From once Everest investigate and see 3 ip's then its pretty much an opened and closed book for them, especially when they see this having been sent a somewhat leading (innocent according to your misplaced mindset) email which will ultimately ensure their preconcieved idea of events along with multiple ip's addresses on the account will lead to expulsion.

For the record, unless I am missing something I am not aware of anybody specifcally sending the blog and thread to Everest. However, I am aware that Everest searched through Google Cache and found Garys original deleted blog post and subsequent boards thread started by me.

Also, as another point, Macspower, I believe you are somewhat responsible for adding major fuel to the fire by saying Gary was unusually aggressive when shorthanded. I am sure the HH's are saved on my laptop somewhere as this is the machine which Gary ultimately won his seat on. At a guess you probably say Gary 3bet shove over the eventual runner up when play was 4 handed and decided this was unusually agressive for Gary. He had QQ and AA. Another time he got jiggy with AK I believe.

Finally to the night in question, Gary won the ticket on merit, I recall him laying down A10 4 handed when I would have felted and I recall him calling all in with KQ when I would have folded so I doubt there was any influence on my part. Furthermore, and I would guess that this holds for both John and Chub, id not like to advise anybody at this late stage of such an important tournament as I could not live with the consequences of my misplaced advice were it to cost Gary a ticket.

Of course, choose to ignore all of the above if you wish or if you put my take down to bias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr Minraise

After just reading his blog there I feel very sick for him seeing how excited he was about playing his first WSOP.

People seem under the impression that it could have been anyone who sent the email/s to Everst. I find it very hard to believe that someone who doesnt read/post on boards regularly would even know tha rag2gar even had a blog nevermind read it on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Welcome to Ireland / the internet. When people see you have been successful / are successful you lose popularity points quite quickly. In this case, it was very easy to 'take someone down of their perch' so to speak.

Gary is well liked, but seriously - when you play live a lot you will meet some of the most miserable characters around. They don't really like it when some youngfella in his early twenties spins a year's salary after tax in a weekend / wins a trip of a lifetime over to Vegas.

come on lloyd let's keep it realistic here. do you really believe someone did this because of Gary's recent wins, and because he is 20 something???

• Advertisement

Also, as another point, Macspower, I believe you are somewhat responsible for adding major fuel to the fire by saying Gary was unusually aggressive when shorthanded. I am sure the HH's are saved on my laptop somewhere as this is the machine which Gary ultimately won his seat on. At a guess you probably say Gary 3bet shove over the eventual runner up when play was 4 handed and decided this was unusually agressive for Gary. He had QQ and AA. Another time he got jiggy with AK I believe.

Not my exact words but if you remember this post was made well and truely before gary's blog... I did indeed rail the final table and commented on gary's play..... before I knew there was any controvesy.....

never intended as fuel to fire..... or anything like that..... I agree that the mail would arouse suspiscions if I was to get it in a poker company as was said to me by someone working for another company later on... something similar to your comment he said he would know very quickly once recieving a mail along those lines what it was about...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement