Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everest, WSOP, etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

a couple of things.

Hollaments, you were very wrong to email what you did to Everest. Garys account was only suspended and investigated after your email. If you, or Lloyd/Cardshark or others who seemed to think that your mail would be of no consequence are genuinly that naive then I am truly baffled.

I couldnt agree more with this point. There was ABSOLUTLEY no need to send this email-surely you realised there was SOME chance it could lead to Gary being investigated? Out of intrest what was to gain from you sending it? What to prove a point? Come on.
    I didnt think ANYONE here wanted something like this to happen but apparently I am wrong. It sickens me-Gary may well have made mistakes but to see him punished like this is appalling.

Gary, If you are still playing the Me I would gladly take 5%-you have a huge body of support here and Im sure the backing is there.Perhaps you could represesnt a syndicate of some sort-for ex you play for 50% of any winnings represesnting anyone form boards who wants to support you.You have a 50% freerole of sorts. This is gladly something I would do and I know a lot of people feel excatly the same but this may be for an other day and Im not even sure you would go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

luckylucky wrote: »
    There is no community spirit here anymore imo, there were debates about there being factions here before but I think they didn't truly exist, I think this has changed after this though. :(

I think this whole episode is a watershed. I don't feel we have a community here. Just an assembly of independent poker players, some alright characters, some not so. It's really a shame imo, not sure what follows from this.

Oh noes, this is a crying shame! What are we to do? Will you save us? You can be the forum hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

sendic wrote: »
    wtf does that mean?? :confused:

wtf it means is that hollow mint was banging on about a clique standing up for Gary, it was another one of his f'in ridiculous contributions.
    sendic wrote: »
    Can you both say where these impressions came from?

Rag2gar forwarded me the mail from Everest several days ago, so that's how I know there was several. Satisified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

hit the nail on the head Barry, boards poker will die slowly after this imo, i hope not but we'll see

Boards poker will die because someone reported someone who broke the rules?

Get a grip

Oh noes, this is a crying shame! What are we to do? Will you save us? You can be the forum hero!

The shadow of roundtower speaketh. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

luckylucky wrote: »
    Rag2gar forwarded me the mail from Everest several days ago, so that's how I know there was several. Satisified.
    So basically BCB was full of rubbish?? And doesn't that exonerate Hollaments??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

For anyone who did read the blog entry, how do people feel about the fact that another extremely well respected boardster was also playing at the FT?
    Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Valor wasn't playing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The blog is very naieve alright but BCB shoul have told him to keep his mouth shut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

RasTa wrote: »
    Valor wasn't playing...

Sorry lads, I misread the blog entry. Post deleted.

There are 63 guests on the forum right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭FedFrank2

bohsman wrote: »
    The blog is very naieve alright but BCB shoul have told him to keep his mouth shut.

exactly, I cant believe it was posted in the blog in the first place.

and so much for a delete button, more a "put it in the back and make it invisible until someone wants it" button

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

what a ridiculous answer, so if your family lived, miles away and it would have taken an hour to get there you would have blinded out, your having a laugh

not everyone is out in the sticks

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    And they haven't done him any favors as a result.
    They really haven't done him any favours at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

RasTa wrote: »
    There are 63 guests on the forum right now...

yeah, 100s of people read that thread, someone was bound to send an email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Ste05 wrote: »
    Very bad form. You make loads of allegations and this is your response??

If you take the time, please go back and read my posts in the thread asking you for back-up to your allegations.

Ste05

Im this far in the thread now, im getting through it, i dont think il have time to reply in depth until tomorrow morning tho

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭boba_fett3099

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    Boards poker will die because someone reported someone who broke the rules?

Get a grip
    I don't think it will die, but I agree to a certain extent with what he, and others, are saying. One of the main reasons I (and probably others) prefer Boards over other forums such as 2+2, NVP, P5s, FTR or w/e is that there was a sense of community here. I got to meet many of the posters here over the past 2 years through my invovment with the poker scene in ireland (im a dealer btw) and many of the people seemed like genuinely nice guys/girls. Not like the scumbags at 2+2. Lately, however, I can see many of the posters here turning into the types of lowlifes who were involved in the whole Brandi thing and I dont think (and I doubt im alone here...) Boards will be viewed in the same light it used to be..

I haven't posted on this topic since it started. I know Gary and he is a nice guy, and no i dont think it is cheating. Like Oscar said, i've done it before lik I assume almost every1 has. From reading the blog, it sees that Everest had no choice, I guess this can be put down to Gary's naivity, but for Holla to send the e-mail was completely unwarranted.

From what I can gather, the e-mail was sent in an attempt to prove a point in the whole debate that was going on. A debate which Gary rarely got involved in directly. So Holla was trying to prove a point to several other posters in the thread when really the issue had nothing to do with any of these people. And for this to be the reason Gary loses his package is my main problem.

Anyway, dont worry about it Gary you'll bounce back from all this.

Carl

Im this far in the thread now, im getting through it, i dont think il have time to reply in depth until tomorrow morning tho
    Fair enough, but it seems there were certainly more than the one e-mail from Hollaments based on LuckyLucky having seen an e-mail from Everest which said there had been several e-mails. So I put in a mod note on your OP, saying as such, for people who read the thread to begin with. It certainly paints a very bad picture of Holllaments and if there were several e-mails then Holllaments hypothetical had nothing to do with it and I think that should be reflected.

But as I said, if you have proof or back-up that his e-mail was the cause of rag2gar losing the package then please provide it, or I would think an apology is owed to Holllaments.

Ste05

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Does anyone remember what email hollla sent to everest? AFAIR, they never mentioned anything about a wsop sat, for all everest knew he was just a prospective player trying to find out everest's stance on cheaters. No way they would think: 'oh lets investigate every big tournament/wsop satellite and see if any of the winners were involved in a tag team'
    lol

Im this far in the thread, gotta say you really have no clue if this is what you think, i dont really believe you are this stupid so why let on to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I don't think it will die, but I agree to a certain extent with what he, and others, are saying. One of the main reasons I (and probably others) prefer Boards over other forums such as 2+2, NVP, P5s, FTR or w/e is that there was a sense of community here. I got to meet many of the posters here over the past 2 years through my invovment with the poker scene in ireland (im a dealer btw) and many of the people seemed like genuinely nice guys/girls. Not like the scumbags at 2+2. Lately, however, I can see many of the posters here turning into the types of lowlifes who were involved in the whole Brandi thing and I dont think (and I doubt im alone here...) Boards will be viewed in the same light it used to be..

I haven't posted on this topic since it started. I know Gary and he is a nice guy, and no i dont think it is cheating. Like Oscar said, i've done it before lik I assume almost every1 has. From reading the blog, it sees that Everest had no choice, I guess this can be put down to Gary's naivity, but for Holla to send the e-mail was completely unwarranted.

From what I can gather, the e-mail was sent in an attempt to prove a point in the whole debate that was going on. A debate which Gary rarely got involved in directly. So Holla was trying to prove a point to several other posters in the thread when really the issue had nothing to do with any of these people. And for this to be the reason Gary loses his package is my main problem.

Carl

Good post, this is exactly what i make of the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Carl

Exactly .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

UL Gary - you don't really deserve what happened you, people should really learn to mind their own business............. (if i was in fact a complaint that prompted the withdrawl of the prize)

From what people say about you I'm sure you'll have the strength of character to bounce back and learn from your mistakes..........

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    What are ye on about at all?

For you and others it makes not a blind bit of difference as your stance is not a pro-Gary one. For me it makes a world of difference. A few months ago I woulda thought great if the likes of yourself or just about any other Boardsie took down a big tournament or qualified for WSOP. Now I am ambivalent at best.

I don't think the forum is going to die fwiw, there is a lot of bad feeling now, and it's simply not the same for some of us anymore.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement