Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everest, WSOP, etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

you at it again pretending to mbe some on else tresa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

fierce smell of DEBEAR of POKERPLAYER

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

SEE I TOLD YOU ABOUT THIS GUY, AND YOU THINK I SHOULD BE BANNED.
    WHAT AN IMMATURE CHILD.

If everyone else is half as bored by you as I am then they must think you are an awful tard.

Banned. I have less patience than Ste, or step as you called him for some reason. I'm nearly sure you will rereg and post again and get sitebanned. If not I'll let you back in at some point. You act like a 10 year old and shouldn't be giving out to others for their immaturity.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

eagle eye wrote: »
    . Some jealous git has got this done but the people close to Gary and Gary himself are the ones who will suffer most from continuing on with this thread.
    P.S. I hate vermin.

I was totally disgusted when I heard gary lost his package, and I know I saw this coming after Hollas lovely email to everest and I expressed that at the time. All I can say.. ok, so he got a bit of help, but in Vegas he would be on his own, so who the hell are we to stick an oar in and ruin an amazing chance...

I hope Gary manages to get himself to Vegas and have a massive win and come back here and tell us all about it.

And to whoever done the deed.. Karma always finds its way back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

rb_ie wrote: »

If I were in Gary's shoes, with $500 invested in a satellite, you could be damn sure I'd be in the car with my laptop down to my family home to use their internet (none of them are poker players fwiw).

what a ridiculous answer, so if your family lived, miles away and it would have taken an hour to get there you would have blinded out, your having a laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

yawn, too long, too busy, will read later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

What ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

eoghan104 wrote: »

The crux of this argument is what would you do if the shoe was on the other foot and Gary had been cheated out of the Ticket?? None of Gary's little fanboys have answered this yet so why dont one of you grow a set and answer instead of saying " whoever mailed is a scumbag, Gary is a nice guy" get a fcuking grip.

Ill answer, its completely unenforcable, I can think of at least 10 different people Ive sat down and played a tournament/cash game with going 50 50 on the buyin, Ive coached other people, mainly just on how to use a computer but it was definitely 2 to a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

cant you people read. It was nothing to do with moral high ground....
    exactly. people calling the person(s) who reported him scumbags and low life rats............ gimme a fcking break. HE BROKE THE RULES. he cheated. If it was me or trippie or r4ad in this spot there would be no talk of the person being a low life rat. Hed be the ****ing man. If the other guy won and and someone found a identical situation on his country's poker forum you would all be sending of emails to everest. You wouldnt care if he had spent the last 50 years digging fresh water wells in africa. Hed be the lowest of the low for cheating your boy rag2ar out of his package.

The only thing i see that might be considered wrong about the person who reported him is that they didnt admit to, but even then its clutching at straws. If they see someone cheating in a community they are a part of and they disagree with it and then report it. The community gos on a witch hunt.......... its not exactly the most appealing thing to admit it was you.

OK if that wasn't an attempt to make a run for moral high hills then fair enough , thats how it reads to me.

Its my opinion, based on the response you got, that your mail backed Everest into a corner where they announce that they have a one player per hand rule, a rule that is not clearly stated in their T&C's.
    There is no need to defend sending the mail, whether or not it was the key factor in the outcome is not relevant, it was a silly thing to do and possibly had greater consequences than was intended, people do silly things all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 spem4392

Time for my annual reply to a tread.
    I feel terrible for Rag2gar -

what comes around goes around.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

what a ridiculous answer, so if your family lived, miles away and it would have taken an hour to get there you would have blinded out, your having a laugh
    No, as it happens they live down the road from me. I was asked what I'd do if it happened me, not if it happened me and my family home happened to be miles away. See the difference? Or do I need to break it down a little simpler for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hmmm, A lot of one star posters here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr Minraise

This thread is such a Fcuking joke its unreal and putting me on life tilt. Im suprised at the stupidity being shown by some people here who I otherwise thought of as intelligent!!!!

BCB are you for real? you work for PPP and are coming on here openly saying that Gary shouldnt have lost his ticket and it wasnt cheating. You must be on smack. You were part of a four man tag team that helped Gary to cheat a punter out of a ticket by playing a game that was, as Gary said, totally different to his own. To say you dont think you helped is laughable and you must think we are idiots.

What line would you take if this had happened on PP to someone you didnt know and you recieved emails and copies of the blog entries? Would you allow him keep the ticket? Why dont you answer this as a paddy power representitive? I dont expect you to answer but would like to think you have the spine to do so.

The crux of this argument is what would you do if the shoe was on the other foot and Gary had been cheated out of the Ticket?? None of Gary's little fanboys have answered this yet so why dont one of you grow a set and answer instead of saying " whoever mailed is a scumbag, Gary is a nice guy" get a fcuking grip.

I wouldnt be suprised now if Hollaments etc. start sending emails to PPP HQ looking for BCB to be sacked due to Unethical behaviour or breach of T&C's of his contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Very bad form. You make loads of allegations and this is your response??

If you take the time, please go back and read my posts in the thread asking you for back-up to your allegations.

Ste05

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

Rag2gar posts on internet fora and regularly plays online. I'd find it hard to believe he was not familiar with the previous multiaccount/multiplayer controversies. Yet he still posted what he did on his blog.
    Poker Darwin award FTW

Macspower wrote: »
    ... and you strong enough to stand up for your convictions?.

i really dont get why you are so vehement about this whole thing
    luckylucky wrote: »
    This has ripped the heart out of this forum imo, there certainly is no overall boards poker clique now. :(

wtf does that mean?? :confused:
    so don't go making fools out of yourselves(probably too late on that note)

+1
    Macspower wrote: »
    From my understanding of it there was more than one complaint to everest regarding the situation.
    I was under the impression that several emails not just one were sent to Everest about this.

Can you both say where these impressions came from?

a couple of things.

Hollaments, you were very wrong to email what you did to Everest. Garys account was only suspended and investigated after your email.
    For the record, unless I am missing something I am not aware of anybody specifcally sending the blog and thread to Everest.

how do you know all this?
    mdwexford wrote: »
    This thread is just gonna result in bans.

unlikely
    Ste05 wrote: »
    we'll mod it how we see fit, thank you very much....... ....but there won't be any more warnings.

FFS would you just start banning people. that guy has been trolling all day and you've let him away with murder. you can start on me if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

So Oscar youd say "ah fcuk it! I got cheated oh well it happens" if youd read the whole blog and thread? Actually did you read the blog?

Just as an aside whoever didnt read the blog shouldnt really be in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

The email sent by holla was just as naive as gary's original blog.Gary I feel sick for you. Not one but several emails were sent, this would indicate there was member(s) who sent everest an email with the original blog.

rbie get off your high horse, look at your original entries that luckylucky pointed out. Don't then feign sincere sympathies to gary. The same applies to everyone who thought he cheated, now saying it's sad his package got taken away.Stick to your original thoughts .

This is a bad day and ultimately a precedent for boards poker in the future unfortunately imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 spem4392

eagle eye wrote: »
    Hmmm, A lot of one star posters here.

i pray that one day i will manage to get two stars - we can all dream...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

There is no community spirit here anymore imo, there were debates about there being factions here before but I think they didn't truly exist, I think this has changed after this though. :(

I think this whole episode is a watershed. I don't feel we have a community here. Just an assembly of independent poker players, some alright characters, some not so. It's really a shame imo, not sure what follows from this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

This thread is such a Fcuking joke its unreal and putting me on life tilt. Im suprised at the stupidity being shown by some people here who I otherwise thought of as intelligent!!!!

Why you quoting me for? I've had an irrational hatred for Holla since he started posting here. Might get on in person but he is a twat on here.

Anyway there is no point in going back into the argument of if he cheated or didn't. Decision has being made but let's face it it was only made because of the previous thread which I have a problem with. Basically Holla and R4AD should of kept their mouths shut. But it's obv rag2gar's fault for posting it in his blog but several boardsie's should not of said anything after he edited his blog imo. The saying busybody springs to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

There is no community spirit here anymore imo, there were debates about there being factions here before but I think they didn't truly exist, I think this has changed after this though. :(

I think this whole episode is a watershed. I don't feel we have a community here. Just an assembly of independent poker players, some alright characters, some not so. It's really a shame imo, not sure what follows from this.

hit the nail on the head Barry, boards poker will die slowly after this imo, i hope not but we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

So Oscar youd say "ah fcuk it! I got cheated oh well it happens" if youd read the whole blog and thread? Actually did you read the blog?

I only read it 10mins ago and it does sound really really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

It ain't cheating if you don't get caught.

Pretty dumb to go around bragging about this in public. Reminds me of my schoolboy days when someone egged the teachers car, then goes around bragging about it, and is shocked when they're found out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

hit the nail on the head Barry, boards poker will die slowly after this imo, i hope not but we'll see

Jesus talk about being melodramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I got the cliff notes. The package I won in 2006, I was sitting beside one of the best players in Ireland throughout the final table, I had come to the final table chip leader but lost a few races, he definitely helped me get back into it.

Trying to enforce a 1 player to a hand rule online is a bit like trying to ban the drinking of tap water.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Given that there are a lot of people who haven't read the original blog entry but feel strongly on the issue, it can be read here.

There's no doubt in my mind that the blog entry was exaggerated to make the story all the more entertaining to readers but even the most liberal and lax investigators would have no choice but to revoke the ticket based on that blog entry!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

I don't see why it should make a difference, Eoghan.
    Tight Ted wrote:
    It ain't cheating if you don't get caught.

Of course it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Does anyone remember what email hollla sent to everest? AFAIR, they never mentioned anything about a wsop sat, for all everest knew he was just a prospective player trying to find out everest's stance on cheaters. No way they would think: 'oh lets investigate every big tournament/wsop satellite and see if any of the winners were involved in a tag team'
    lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Given that there are a lot of people who haven't read the original blog entry but feel strongly on the issue, it can be read here.

There's no doubt in my mind that the blog entry was exaggerated to make the story all the more entertaining to readers but even the most liberal and lax investigators would have no choice but to revoke the ticket based on that blog entry!
    First time I've read it in it's fully glory and all I can say is there's no defending it really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement