Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Seal Hunters Killed

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Of course there are lots of people on this site who do lots of brilliant an really good work for animals. I didn't say that they didn't. I would just like to know the reasoning behind why PETA believe this about pitbulls before I make my final opinion on this particular subject. Is that not a fair statement?
    Course it is, I was responding to you saying
    and no one here on this site will ever do more for animals then peta
    . Seeing as how I had that partic sentence in bold I would have thought that was obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

peasant wrote: »
    No ...read my first quote again

I read your post but what is the reason for putting the pitbulls to sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I read your post but what is the reason for putting the pitbulls to sleep?

I don't know ...why don't you ask PETA?

Maybeee, just maybe ...it's because the bad, bad pitbulls would "savage" an "innocent" seal pup wityhout thinking twice, given half a chance?

Or maybeeee...just maybe ...they were "thinking of the children" ?

Or maybe they just have double standards and it's all just about publicity (and the minor matter of making some money)

I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them, and they will never, ever see just one red cent of my money, that's for sure.

peasant wrote: »
    I don't know ...why don't you ask PETA?

Maybeee, just maybe ...it's because the bad, bad pitbulls would "savage" an "innocent" seal pup wityhout thinking twice, given half a chance?

Or maybeeee...just maybe ...they were "thinking of the children" ?

Or maybe they just have double standards and it's all just about publicity (and the minor matter of making some money)

I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them, and they will never, ever see just one red cent of my money, that's for sure.

Thats fair enough and you are entitled to your opinion but if I can't see the reasoning behind your statement, I just have to treat it as hearsay.

I thought PETA was non-profit.

Its supposed to be non-profit, but a lot of "charities" are supposed to be. Unfortunetly most people can't be trusted and I would take the non-profit thing with a pinch of salt, especially with an org who must be getting hug amounts of donations every year. But then that is just my opinion.

Certain breeds are out to sleep because it is more acceptable for them to be than any other breed due to legislation. They cannot be homed in england and there is a bit of red tape in ireland. Of course they can shipped to other countries, as a lot of irish dogs are. But perhaps they feel it's a waste of money to do that? It's an awful pity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭NoNameRanger

Thats fair enough and you are entitled to your opinion but if I can't see the reasoning behind your statement, I just have to treat it as hearsay.

I thought PETA was non-profit.

Laura have a look at this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PETA

Nobody should kill animals except them because they know whats right and wrong.!:rolleyes: They have the moral highground!!:rolleyes: And humans should now stop eating meat altogether and not only become veggies but vegans no less.
    Nutters!! I don't support cruelty. Cruelty is inflicting unnesscessary pain on a being. Eating is nesscessary!:confused:

Just out of interest (I'm really not looking to find out who is and isn't veggie or vegan) but if EVRYONE became non animal "dependant" how long before our farm animals bcome a threathened?

In saying that though, if people cut down on their meat eating, I suppose the demand for intensively farmed animals would be lower and free range would become the norm.

Sorry, off topic - worthy of another thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

And to bring this back on topic ...

An organistion who with the one hand bangs the biiiig propaganda drum (every year !) about the seal hunt, but with the other hand kills "undesirable" dogs is what:

Trustworthy?

Integer?

A moral authority ?

The seals are wild animals out in the Arctic somewhere ...the Pitbulls are domesticed dogs in their care!

People should try and get things into perspective (especially when PETA gets involved)

Just out of interest (I'm really not looking to find out who is and isn't veggie or vegan) but if EVRYONE became non animal "dependant" how long before our farm animals bcome a threathened?

TBH, I wouldn't have a clue but like any animal, they would survive. Plenty of people keep pigs, sheep, cows and chickens as pets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭NoNameRanger

In saying that though, if people cut down on their meat eating, I suppose the demand for intensively farmed animals would be lower and free range would become the norm.

Sorry, off topic - worthy of another thread?

I'm 1/3 meateater and 2/3 vegetarian . Thats meat and two veg please:). I'm an omnivore;)

An omnivore (from Latin: omne all, everything; vorare to devour) is a species of animal that eats both plants and animals as its primary food source.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

www.petakillsanimals.com
    Have a look at peta on the activistcash link.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Who cares about PETA, they don't represent a lot of peoples views and do more harm than good for vegetarians.

Obviously these people did not deserve what happened them but I certainly don't care about what happened to them... or most humans. However I would fight for their rights as much as any animal no matter their views, any injustice should not be permitted (what is an injustice is up for debate). People who think they deserved it, cop on. They are certainly barbarians in a lot of peoples opinions but everybody has their own opinion and the only thing that should matter to you is living your life the best way you can and not sinking to the simplistic thoughts of most humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

I know you didn't say that - but you did say feel happy for the seals? I'm sorry but people saying they are happy those men died are wrong. Now I know you didn't say it, but you are trying to defend the people who did.

No I'm not, there are plenty of people here who said they are sorry for the men dying, but are still glad that the seals are OK!

Lorrs33 wrote: »
    This thread was begun in order to report the death of seal hunters, but will those who are so eager to beat down those who feel happy for the seals just look at the bigger picture here? I've been sent so many emails about those seals and it's heartbreaking to think that such a thing could be done, whether it's for survival or not.
    Lorrs33 wrote: »
    No I'm not, there are plenty of people here who said they are sorry for the men dying, but are still glad that the seals are OK!

Yes I know but you referred to people being
    beat down
    only those who said they were glad the people died or made some other comment like that, had anything said to them which could be considered as beating them down. (If I am wrong, please show me quotes where someone has been "beat down" just for feeling happy for the seals.)

I'm 1/3 meateater and 2/3 vegetarian . Thats meat and two veg please:). I'm an omnivore;)
    LOL I said I don't care :rolleyes: I was veggie for years, I now eat meat occasionally. Certainly not with every dinner. And any meat is ethically bought. No intensively farmed crap here.
    Who cares about PETA, they don't represent a lot of peoples views and do more harm than good for vegetarians.

Obviously these people did not deserve what happened them but I certainly don't care about what happened to them... or most humans. However I would fight for their rights as much as any animal no matter their views, any injustice should not be permitted (what is an injustice is up for debate). People who think they deserved it, cop on. They are certainly barbarians in a lot of peoples opinions but everybody has their own opinion and the only thing that should matter to you is living your life the best way you can and not sinking to the simplistic thoughts of most humans.
    For some reason I can't thank you at the bottom of your post so I thought I'd do it here.

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

tallus wrote: »
    I have to say that I disagree with the way they kill the baby seals, but I'm surprised at how many people seem to think it's ok for these people to die, and in saying that, I'm not saying I agree with the killing of baby seals because I don't agree with it.
    latchyco wrote: »
    5 people dying is a terrible tragedy yes but those same people thought nothing of battering poor defenceless baby seals to death .So the thinking is '' it's ok to do the latter as they are creatures without feelings unlike us humans who have '' . I dont buy that .

Check MATE!
    I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said you're making yourself sound stupid, was out of order, but I am so frustrated with this thread. It seems to be going around in circles.

I believe you're the one making this thread frustrating. You're snapping at everybody who speaks their mind.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

This is getting out of hand.Any more personal abuse and Ill ban the lot of you--you know who you are.

So far theres been 8 reported posts about this thread--One more and the bannings start.

Ive had enough at this stage.

Im not locking the thread "yet" because its a genuine discussion.

Keep it on topic and be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

hope my clubbing seals wanst reported...

If it was... jeez.. April fools

Anyhow PETA disgust me.

Ive watched their "Meet your meat" video.

a biased shockumentary putting human likes and dislikes and trying to say imply animals like the same. I love when they show a slaughter house and animals being killed.. purely to shock ppl. How do you think your meat gets on the plate? They love it to death?

I'l never stop eating meat. We are omnivores.

Id eat seal to.. if it tasted good.

Advertisement