Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First All Ireland Airsoft Event - "The Gathering"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMC

Hell Yeah!

Lock And Load!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Due to unprecedented demand for places at The Gathering, registration has now closed. If any of you who have registered and who have now found out they cannot go would ye please let us know so that places can be freed up.

We would also like to ask all those that have booked and have yet to pay to please do so. Please check out the first post in this thread for details on how to pay.

If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
    All The Best and Good Luck,
    Martin and Evelyn.

Fahys Farm House Accommodation

Check them Out

Not sure on availability but give them a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,638 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

PO sent this morning :)

:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

I'll be paying when I'm up this Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Can I just ask anyone with spare seats in a car etc. to post here?

I'm still in need of a lift as are a few others I'm sure.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

po sent today . motosam theres a thread open to organise transport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Awh man!
    This looks awesome.

Gatling wrote: »
    po sent today . motosam theres a thread open to organise transport

You mean the one I linked to above :D

Ah I shouldn't be cheeky, I wont get a lift :eek:

120 Booked
    22 Confirmed and paid for both Saturday Night and Sunday.
    4 Confirmed and paid for the Sunday Only.
    All the best,
    Martin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

MaxForce wrote: »
    120 Booked
    22 Confirmed and paid for both Saturday Night and Sunday.
    4 Confirmed and paid for the Sunday Only.
    All the best,
    Martin.

Comon lads, cough up.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

Im absolutly gutted, I didnt cop that I could book and pay later, and I missed the deadline cause I was waitn for my wages before I booked.
    thatl teach me to read the posts proper

fletch... wrote: »
    Im absolutly gutted, I didnt cop that I could book and pay later, and I missed the deadline cause I was waitn for my wages before I booked.
    thatl teach me to read the posts proper

Let this lad go, he offered me a lift :D

First withdrawn place goes to fletch right, hes got a car and a few spare seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

Motosam wrote: »
    Let this lad go, he offered me a lift :D

First withdrawn place goes to fletch right, hes got a car and a few spare seats.

done just for you motosam:D:D a lad just dropped out am due to work commitment so flecth has the place.rgards evelyn

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

WOOHOOOO! Im goin!
    Thanks to both of ye,s. this is gonna be deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

off topic sry but
    :D:D:D:D:D
    I played drums in a metal band with the guy on the right at about 15 sec! He was the singer:)

Great find lethal. BTW, Lethal, I'm just doing an urban tigerstripe pattern on an MP5K and CQB M4 at the mo. I'll get you pics and lmk what you think. Any sign of your CAMO yet for the birthdaybash paintjob?

Back on topic, cant wait for this - even have the tent sorted!:D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

I believe he did get his camo. Hes also got to test out a new M4 so he'll be fairly chuffed.

off topic sry but
    I played drums in a metal band with the guy on the right at about 15 sec! He was the singer:)

Great find lethal. BTW, Lethal, I'm just doing an urban tigerstripe pattern on an MP5K and CQB M4 at the mo. I'll get you pics and lmk what you think. Any sign of your CAMO yet for the birthdaybash paintjob?

Back on topic, cant wait for this - even have the tent sorted!:D:p

Now thats one mother of a coincidence! Arrived thismorning. Pics in a mo:D

Just a quick question, theres a bus from busaras in dublin to portumna, do you know where we would be dropped off and if its far to the site as in walking/taxi?

cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

NMC wrote: »
    Just a quick question, theres a bus from busaras in dublin to portumna, do you know where we would be dropped off and if its far to the site as in walking/taxi?

cheers.

leave it with me and i will find out for you about taxi prices

Cheers very much!

NMC wrote: »

cheers.

Was asking the landowner and he thinks the Bus from Dublin only runs to Portumna Monday to Friday! You might want to check and see if there is a bus going back on Sunday or not!

Was asking the landowner and he thinks the Bus from Dublin only runs to Portumna Monday to Friday! You might want to check and see if there is a bus going back on Sunday or not!

There is a private company that operates a service from Dublin, (outside D.I.T. Cathal Brugha Street to Portumna main street) to Portumna on the weekends.
    They are called Kierans, their service operates irregualr hours but it's got a good price and I recall the drivers being really sound.

Their numbers are 0872990509 and 0909675450.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

just a suggestion here, now that you have 120 bookings go back through them and add every person for just 1 day onto a list, then the number of people on that list would be the amount of one day places left over, bit of extra work but it ensures that theres 120 booked to play on both days and would sweeten it a bit for everyone :D

There is a private company that operates a service from Dublin, (outside D.I.T. Cathal Brugha Street to Portumna main street) to Portumna on the weekends.
    They are called Kierans, their service operates irregualr hours but it's got a good price and I recall the drivers being really sound.

Their numbers are 0872990509 and 0909675450.

Cheers man,i'll check it out.

Ok, is it possible to put my name down on a list of places to be filled in the event that others drop out?

Ok, is it possible to put my name down on a list of places to be filled in the event that others drop out?

Yup no problem. Your top on the list.

Yussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

will gas and BB's be sold on site?

weeder wrote: »
    will gas and BB's be sold on site?

BB's will be any way but gas I am not sure about yet. We will be stocking Goldfires and the charge will be 10€ for a bottle of 3000.

Hi All,
    Defenderdude has kindly offered to collect payments for The Gathering on Saturday 19th April at HRTA. This is made possible with the kind permission of Mr Nonex. For anyone wishing to use this method of payment, this is how it will work. Make yourself known to Defenderdude. Let him check your payment. Seal it in an envelope. Write your name, handle, email address, mobile number, amount in envelope, what you are paying for on the outside of the envelope. If you have any questions ask Defenderdude or PM me prior to the Saturday.

Hopefully this will help some of you that might not have the ability to use one of our other options.
    All the best,
    Martin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Yup no problem. Your top on the list.

Would you be kind enough to add three of us from AirsoftEire to that list also. Too busy to check the boards all the time and missed the deadline; which is a good thing I guess. :)

Steve

Would you be kind enough to add three of us from AirsoftEire to that list also. Too busy to check the boards all the time and missed the deadline; which is a good thing I guess. :)

Steve

Done Mate.

im paying for 2 now so il go with defenderdude payment ,
    it will save me another p/o

thanks this is a good idea ,defenderdude is one of the niceset soundest guys i know in airsoft

• Advertisement

im paying for 2 now so il go with defenderdude payment ,
    it will save me another p/o

thanks this is a good idea ,defenderdude is one of the niceset soundest guys i know in airsoft

No Problem. Did you track down the PO?

havent seen it since it went in to the post box ,its a pain in the rear being honest ,

its cancelled now and reported to the guards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Can you get your money back Gatling?

Right Lads,
    I need to get a grip on what way the night game is going to go. This place gets very dark after around 10pm I am talking not seeing hand in front of face, but I checked the moon phase for that night and if it is a clear night, it will be a half moon. I will have a halogen spot light pointing down into the field and I have a supply of glow sticks. For those of you who are planning on going to Portumna for a drinkeys, and if the game goes on till 10pm, you will not have much time to clean yourselves up and go.

So the question is:
    1. Do ye want a proper night game in the CQB area only. IE when it is dark? :eek:
    2. Do ye want a dusk game that if it is not to dark could also involve part of the woodland?
    2. Do ye want to go pubbing afterwards?

My suggestion is, Have a night game in the CQB area and maybe a dusk game in the woods. Bring yer "beverages" with ye and sit around a campfire and have a bit of a laugh and a few bevveys. There will be enough cars there to be able to make a trip to Portumna or Eyrecourt for an Off License (I assume there is one in one of the towns). From a security point of view, might not be the best idea in the world to leave the site with the amount of equipment in it. But there will be no drink consumed prior to the games commencing on Saturday night. Anyone found to be or have been drinking prior to the start of the games will not be allowed to play no exceptions.
    So let me know what ye think.
    Martin.

A few could stay behind to guard the equipment.
    They should have enough protection:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Right Lads,

So the question is:
    1. Do ye want a proper night game in the CQB area only. IE when it is dark? :eek:
    2. Do ye want a dusk game that if it is not to dark could also involve part of the woodland?
    2(a):D. Do ye want to go pubbing afterwards?

My suggestion is, Have a night game in the CQB area and maybe a dusk game in the woods. Bring yer "beverages" with ye and sit around a campfire and have a bit of a laugh and a few bevveys. There will be enough cars there to be able to make a trip to Portumna or Eyrecourt for an Off License (I assume there is one in one of the towns). From a security point of view, might not be the best idea in the world to leave the site with the amount of equipment in it. But there will be no drink consumed prior to the games commencing on Saturday night. Anyone found to be or have been drinking prior to the start of the games will not be allowed to play no exceptions.
    So let me know what ye think.
    Martin.

Martin, having played down in g-tac, I would be inclined to go with your suggesstion for the games and for the afters:).....Besides have the fun will be sitting round a campfire with a few bev's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,638 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

A few could stay behind to guard the equipment.
    They should have enough protection:D:D:D:D

a few of us youngins could do sentry duty if needed :pac:

I'll bring soft drinks for the minors :D

You will be well tucked up in bed!!!:D:D:D:p

Hey Guys and Girls, Just to remind ye all that payments are suppoused to be into us by this Sunday:eek: So come on folks, we need to start getting payments in.;)
    Thanks All,
    MArtin & Evelyn.

You will be well tucked up in bed!!!:D:D:D:p
    blay1 wrote: »
    a few of us youngins could do sentry duty if needed :pac:

Ahh cant belive I done that. I meant to quote blay1 there.:o

have you any idea of how your going to marshal the numbers and night games yet

This all deprnds on how many actualy come. It is hard to plan anything really when only 35 out of 120 have actualy paid. IE I take the paid as actual confirmed attendees. This is why we are trying to get everyone's payment in so we know how many are going to be there.

If the numbers that booked actualy come, then they will be split into 4. We have armbands ready so you will know who your team mate is. We have 6 marshals including myself and because of the numbers we are going to be as strict as hell.

I am supplying glow sticks for the night game and if ye want to bring torches, feel free. Other then that, a lot of the planning has to be left aside till we can confirm numbers.

6 marshals is handy ,id recommend marshals use whistles to start and end games ,

and carry a separate colour glow stick,

other than that a bottle of .20bbs beside your chrono ,sounds like all the bases are covered ,

im paying for 2-3 of my team to defenderdude on saturday

6 marshals is handy ,id recommend marshals use whistles to start and end games ,

and carry a separate colour glow stick,

other than that a bottle of .20bbs beside your chrono ,sounds like all the bases are covered ,

im paying for 2-3 of my team to defenderdude on saturday

We already use whistles at the site. The glow sticks we are using are 2€ for a pack of 20 in the 2 Euro Shops but if any one wants to get the bigger ones which are €2 each please feel free to do so. The teams will be red and blue or red and green.

• Advertisement
Advertisement