Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First All Ireland Airsoft Event - "The Gathering"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

If I can make it, I making a gun cam and will use that, but have nothing to record to yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

gandalf wrote: »
    Any recs on a B&B or reasonable hotel nearby ?

(Obviously will need to be within walking distance of a pub :D)

Lets find out where the pub is first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Im working on a chest rig for my camera, its a molle vest so that makes thinks very handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Any recs on a B&B or reasonable hotel nearby ?

(Obviously will need to be within walking distance of a pub :D)

Here is a link to Cummins Cottages. I will post a phone number when I have one as well. This is the nearest rental accomadation to the site. The nearest pub is not with in walking distence. Eyrecourt or Portumna would be the nearest.

Edit. The Ould Sheebeen is now closed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

we need a van and cash ,and directions to the nearest off licence,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Very Cool idea Lethal, will defo bring along my camera(takes still and video.)
    It would be cool to take a pic of everyone that goes(portrait style,not group and work that into a vid) as a record.

Ehh, 120 People....Lotta pics. But I could do it as a seperate video. I Could set it up on a tripod beside the chrono and get everyone as they enter the game zone(with their permission of course).

Good Luck Crave and Killinator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

MaxForce wrote: »
    Here is a link to Cummins Cottages. I will post a phone number when I have one as well. This is the nearest rental accomadation to the site. The nearest pub is not with in walking distence. Eyrecourt or Portumna would be the nearest.

Edit. The Ould Sheebeen is now closed!

How far away from Eyrecourt or Portumna are you? We will need a town with pub, chippers and ladies of dubious qualities ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

A cottage sure would pwn a tent lol Oh and i demand taco fries lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

How far away from Eyrecourt or Portumna are you? We will need a town with pub, chippers and ladies of dubious qualities ;)

5 to 10 mins drive!

GTAC is just 2 hours from Mad Cow Roundabout via Roscrea, Birr, Portumna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

The site to Eyrecourt is around a 15min drive and the same to Portumna. I will be meeting with a local bus service tomorrow and will see how much he will charge to run a service for the night.

As for the ladies of duious qualities, they are of a very high standered in these parts, so you may need to bring your own.:):):):)
    Martin.

• Advertisement

The site to Eyrecourt is around a 15min drive and the same to Portumna. I will be meeting with a local bus service tomorrow and will see how much he will charge to run a service for the night.

As for the ladies of duious qualities, they are of a very high standered in these parts, so you may need to briong your own.:):):):)
    Martin.
    Bus would be a great idea, the craic would be 90 as they say lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

:( Im not going to be able to make the Sunday despite living under an hour and a half away, i just got my ****in timetable :mad: 3 exams and they have them on the 28th,29th and 1st, in the mornings no less!! :mad:

Might be able to make the night game at best, ill let ya know over the next Week Martin.
    God damn i pissed im going miss this.

:( Im not going to be able to make the Sunday despite living under an hour and a half away, i just got my ****in timetable :mad: 3 exams and they have them on the 28th,29th and 1st, in the mornings no less!! :mad:

Might be able to make the night game at best, ill let ya know over the next Week Martin.

Ah well at least you might be out on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

sunday is the 27th

hands scope some gaffa tape

As for the ladies of duious qualities, they are of a very high standered in these parts, so you may need to bring your own.:):):):)
    Martin.

Phone number for Cummins Cottages is 0909675205

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

I cannot wait to go to this it's like Christmas has come early and is wearing airsoft pajamas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Should we perhaps start a separate thread or maybe sticky for organising accommodation, lifts and other travel arrangements?

I don't yet have a lift or have I decided on how to get down if I am going, so a dedicated thread would be a good indication when a new post is made, that someone needs a lift, and if they read through it they will see how others are getting down and can make arrangements with them.

Motosam wrote: »
    Should we perhaps start a separate thread or maybe sticky for organising accommodation, lifts and other travel arrangements?

I don't yet have a lift or have I decided on how to get down if I am going, so a dedicated thread would be a good indication when a new post is made, that someone needs a lift, and if they read through it they will see how others are getting down and can make arrangements with them.

by all means pm one of the mods and ask iam sure it would be ok it would help to see where and when lifts can be arranged regards evelyn

Motosam wrote: »

+1 i'm in the same boat

• Advertisement

10 places left guys we are nearly at 120 last chance to register :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭vkchris

Can you please hold me 3 places and i will pay you on sunday like i said i wolud last week.I would have booked earlier but i had to wait for a conformation from a friend(<-:mad:)
    Thanks a million cant wait till sunday see you all then.
    Chris:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

10 places left guys we are nearly at 120 last chance to register :D:D:D

This is gonna be great.

Baptism of fire here i come...Awesomeness :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

If theres any more places can you hold two ?

And sorry was just curious whether you would be able to pay on site ? Sorry if it was already posted but its ALOT to read through...

Thanks

Who is staying in Portumna? Just wondering so we can get a session going there?

• Advertisement

Hi All,
    Things are really getting going now. Anybody looking for aerial photographs of the site can find them on our site at http://www.G-TAC.eu I will post as close a map as I can find from the Galway County Council website and mark out boundaries and stuff on it.
    Most of our scenarios will be taken from Crazy Rabbits fantastic list (As long as he doesn't mind) but we will tweak them a little bit and throw in a few surprises. Good going to Gatling on the transport post. Most of the guys going have said if they can provide car slots so if no one has any objections I will post up a file with handles and locations for those that said yes.

Can we remind everyone that you must prepay for this event by one of the options given. This is for safety and security reasons.
    All The Best,
    Martin and Evelyn.

BTW what guns are you doing for Rentals, I have a non Airsoft mate coming and unfortunately the AEG I was going to give him has "issues".

Right as promised, here are two aerial photographs taken from the Galway County Council Website. If you navigate their page you can zoom in and out of these as well.

Map Legend.
    1. Woodland. Very thick undergrowth but with a few paths going through it. Surrounded by a defined path.
    2 CQB Field. The main area of operations.
    3 Safe Zone
    4 Camping Area
    5 Gorse Area.
    6 Car park
    7 CQB Wood. Very tight space for small groups 2 x 5 max with pistols or semi auto only.

RED Shows boundary
    YELLOW Shows Paths
    BLUE Safe Area
    Green Car park.

The other file is a blank version of the aerial photo.
    Have fun.
    Martin.

BTW what guns are you doing for Rentals, I have a non Airsoft mate coming and unfortunately the AEG I was going to give him has "issues".
    I have a couple of Beta's, an M4 and an MP5 left. All have high cap mags and the M4 and MP5 also have mid caps. The M4 is a all metal DBoys, the MP5k a Galaxy used to be a PDW but the stock broke off.

Who is staying in Portumna? Just wondering so we can get a session going there?
    I may be getting a B+B there, it's cheaper than getting a tent but i'll need to sort out transport between there and the site

EDIT Getting to portumna from Galway city is the bigger problem than getting to the site, thats ten mins drive away according to google maps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

Im in a mad rush now to see how my cash situation is b4 I know if i can book or not,will know by tonight hopefully. if I can go there will be 2, maybe 3 free seats (if people travel light) in my giant car leaving from Dublin

fletch i may be propmted to take that offer...If you will have me and my mate although i must warn u where both only 16 :/

ERmm Just wonderin (noob question) what account do i pay the money too ?

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    fletch i may be propmted to take that offer...If you will have me and my mate although i must warn u where both only 16 :/

ayrton please read post at start of this thread regarding anything you want to know
    1, payment
    2,age limit
    3, any other information
    regards evelyn

Beggin ur pardon should really leanr to read o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »

Not sure if thats possible, I can bring people down but I cant be held responsible looking after others. sounds harsh but thats just how it is, sure you need insurance to fart these days

You need an adult playing with you if you are aged 12-16 Ayrtonf7

just wondering as i was watching tv(was about re-enactments/collections and stuff in ireland) is there going to be any attempt to get any media spotlight/interest or even get it highlighted seen its such a big event and it could really show airsoft in all its glory and how it should be portrayed, just wondering

oh Yeah i know I wasnt expecting that just a lift was all Lol

zero19 wrote: »
    You need an adult playing with you if you are aged 12-16 Ayrtonf7

Does the adult have to actually skirmish or does he just have to Attend and would written consent suffice ?

MaxForce wrote: »
    I have a couple of Beta's, an M4 and an MP5 left. All have high cap mags and the M4 and MP5 also have mid caps. The M4 is a all metal DBoys, the MP5k a Galaxy used to be a PDW but the stock broke off.

Can you slap my name against the M4 please. (Well its for my mate!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fianna1916

hey lads only heard about de gathering ide love 2 go but wondering if ders any places left?

done and thanks evelyn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Hows it going I have just found out that I can make it are there any places left?:o

Evolute wrote: »
    Hows it going I have just found out that I can make it are there any places left?:o

you just got in ,in time register your self on other thread Evolute ok .Evelyn

you just got in ,in time register your self on other thread Evolute ok .Evelyn

Deadly I will do that now. Im assuming you mean the Gtac thread yes?
    Thanks
    Evolute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

thers a show your interest thread

weeder wrote: »
    thers a show your interest thread

Found it cheers man

Killinator wrote: »
    just wondering as i was watching tv(was about re-enactments/collections and stuff in ireland) is there going to be any attempt to get any media spotlight/interest or even get it highlighted seen its such a big event and it could really show airsoft in all its glory and how it should be portrayed, just wondering
    this post appears t have been mist out, so i'll just highlight it again:)

No Problem. Just note it in the comments section when you go to pay or send a note with your PO which ever.

• Advertisement

Hi guys we are closing registration tomorrow evening at 7pm.you have on till then to registar once closed that is it .:D
    No late comers we have given plenty of notice as we are just at the magic number of 120:D:D
    regards martin and evelyn

Advertisement