Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stoopid idea that may just encourage cliqueiness a la Karma system (I'll click you and you can click me etc).

Mike.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Myth wrote: »
    Has the button disappeared?

It only appears in certain forums. Still there for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Should be roses ,not thumbs .

no, have you thanked more than ten times in the past 24 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mine are still disabled. Boo-urns

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Mine are still disabled. Boo-urns

Maybe you were disabled when Des was and CuLTs not reactivatised you?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

SDooM wrote: »
    Maybe you were disabled when Des was and CuLTs not reactivatised you?

Yeah I'm guessing that's the case. Ah well

Ah, I removed a thanks and was able to apply. Didn't know about the 10 thanks limit.

Again, sweet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

He just added it in to help against abuse of the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Maybe on the Help forum and the few others specifically for getting assistance, and only if it specifies what the thanks is for, but to have it throughout the Boards system is a poor idea in my humble opinion. Is there really a value in thanking posters for their remarks in After Hours, Films, etc? Oh, I'm sure you can think of a few, but you could just say thanks in a post. All the reasons reputation was done away with for will be back now.

Edit: I've just noticed it's not in After Hours.

Still don't agree it's a good idea.

• Advertisement

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Maybe on the Help forum and the few others specifically for getting assistance, but to have it throughout the Boards system is a poor idea in my humble opinion. Is there really a value in thanking posters for their remarks in After Hours, Films, etc? Oh, I'm sure you can think of a few, but you could just say thanks in a post. All the reasons reputation was done away with for will be back now.

Its not available in TCN or AH, I assume for thay very reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Gordon wrote: »
    Probably best not applying this mod tbh.

You sir are a genius.

Here's hoping I did it right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I only noticed this today because I haven't been online much (and I'm slow). It's good to have it!

Though on lfcreds.com there's a + and - rating, and I think if we could get - type in it would be good!

Zillah wrote: »
    You sir are a genius.

Good one, but I can claim it back at any time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Zillah wrote: »
    You sir are a genius.

Oh you sneaky bastid! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

SEXSEXSEXSEX

Now that I've got your attention...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

This has a limit to the amount of times you can use it a day. It can be removed from forums quite easily so if it gets abused on a forum it can be removed. It can be disabled for users so if a user abuses it (and it should be quite easy to see who is abusing it), it can be removed. This should limit the abuse somewhat.
    Still if enough people wanted to go against the spirit of it they could. There were limits with the rep system and it was abused. :) It's good for the forums where posters get help with problems. Guess we'll see how it goes.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

SEXSEXSEXSEX

Now that I've got your attention...

For shame Tar.Aldarion.

Tricking people that way. Darn, I just admitted you tricked me. Catch 22

Yet you remove your thanks, 2-1 to me scabby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Keep whoring it guys, that's a sure way to have it disabled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

lol @ tar and his sig!

It is easy to stop those links once he wants to.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

At first I thought this thanks thing was harmless, a bit of fun, but now I'm checking my thanks count every minute, and still nothing. I feel inadequate. I don't know what to do. I keep pressing the refresh button and nothing.

My life is over!!!

*kills self*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

janeybabe wrote: »
    At first I thought this thanks thing was harmless, a bit of fun, but now I'm checking my thanks count every minute, and still nothing. I feel inadequate. I don't know what to do. I keep pressing the refresh button and nothing.

My life is over!!!

*kills self*

How could i refuse?.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

galwayrush wrote: »
    How could i refuse?.:D

Oh God, now I feel like a thanks whore.

My life is over again!

*kills self again*

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Ah so thats what this new fangled Thanks button is all about!
    Thanks guys lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I have decided not to 'thank' anyone ever. If a post is really that good, you can quote it and say so.

I'm still willing to receive thanks though, mostly because I'm a greedy b*stard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

so this is the place it happens
    thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

hey how come the others get to have thank links

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Each forum has a daily quota afaik. Feedback must have already met it's allocation.

Advertisement