Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

+1 on the people just leaving random posts to increase post count.

+1 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

CuLT wrote: »
    I notice you have signatures turned on in your profile.

Not only are signatures often far larger than the thanks box, but they occur after every single post, and each one is completely different.

Just to put it in perspective :)

Yes, but signatures are integrated into the overall format of a single post, whereas the Thanks! bar is entirely separate, which is far more distracting.

Also, there is a chance that a signature might have something interesting in it, whereas I already know I don't care at all who felt grateful for a given post.
    As I have said at least once in this thread, probably twice, that option will likely be introduced at some point depending on the bosses.

Its a big thread :/

But thats super, I approve of the above plan.

Still no 'thanks' button for me. I'm guessin I was the other person CuLT disabled when he mentioned it to Des earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sorry Rig, no youtube for me in work. I'm sure it's hilarious though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

lol, :D

It's Led Zeppelin - Thank you.

2069642036_8c8ed330fe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I'd like two buttons. "thanks" and "wanker". If you think the "thanks" button would do to eradicate +1 posting, imagine what the "wanker" button would do to take the pressure off the mods to ban for personal abuse?

I'd like two buttons. "thanks" and "wanker". If you think the "thanks" button would do to eradicate +1 posting, imagine what the "wanker" button would do to take the pressure off the mods to ban for personal abuse?

That's brilliant! 'Wanker' button FTW. Make it so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Imagine if people would abuse the "wanker" button though? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Ah come on - "Thanked 1 time in 1 post. Wanked 9 times in 2 posts." It's pure perfection.

• Advertisement

Ah come on - "Thanked 1 time in 1 post. Wanked 9 times in 2 posts." It's pure perfection.

Well when you put it like that... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

dont like it at all, see no point for it, and its annoying in threads imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Agamemnon wrote: »
    Why thank you, nevf, ol' pal. I just thanked all over your post.
    You still in the thunderdome? I haven't been in there running you down lately.
    :D

CuLT wrote: »

Patched it anyway, thanks per day limit is now in place!

Out of curiosity, what is the limit set to, after yesterdays splurge I'm obviously over it!

Apart from the novalty factor (yesterday), I would likely only use it once or twice a week!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I cant seem to thank people. I did want to thank majd for her "wanker & thanks" button idea :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There's a limit to 10 thanks a day. Actually, I'd imagine it's in a 24-hour period, rather than resetting at midnight.

Faith wrote: »
    There's a limit to 10 thanks a day. Actually, I'd imagine it's in a 24-hour period, rather than resetting at midnight.
    I had done exactly 10 thanks yesterday afternoon, I just "unthanked" one and the thumb came back - I've given it to you ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The icon isn't appearing in the "purple" skin actually. It just says the words "Thank this poster".

• Registered Users Posts: 30,127 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

don't really see much point to it, more a distraction reading the forums, is there anyway to hide thanks?:pac:

forget that question, just saw the answer above

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

When it calms down I think it'll be a nice feature to have available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,437 ✭✭✭✭Alun

eolhc wrote: »
    don't really see much point to it, more a distraction reading the forums, is there anyway to hide thanks?:pac:
    I agree, a waste of screen real-estate ... I have no need to inflate my ego by knowing that people appreciate my advice, and even less need to know that other people have thanked yet other people for theirs.

It's just unnecessary screen clutter, like sigs and avatars, which you can also turn off, so why not this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

When I click on who has thanked me, it shows the post I was thanked in but not the thanker... is there a way to check who thanked me?

just click on the post itself then you can see the box below your post with the "thankers"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

The icon isn't appearing in the "purple" skin actually. It just says the words "Thank this poster".

doesnt seem to be working in the black skin either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i keep hitting this thanks button instead of quick reply, can you swap the position of them.

i keep hitting this thanks button instead of quick reply, can you swap the position of them.

Nearly happened to me a few times already. It would be handy if they were swapped.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

And ban that tricky Gordon. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Is there a minimum post count ,before you can thank someone ?
    I.E. 500

Has the button disappeared?

• Advertisement

Yep, 24 hours later I can "thank" again. ;) (without robbing them from someone else!)

Advertisement