Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are U ready for teh storm?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

A shed/small building for holding cattle. Though it's actually "byre". I never knew that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Thanks. Should have just googled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Holding down the fort here in Clontarf, live near the seafront, and she's starting to brew up.

Really hope this doesn't fook with me Sky dish, as i'm on midterm and stocked up on supplies from Tescos, so this storm was one big excuse for me to lay about the couch and veg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

That ****ing yoke kept me awake for ages last night. I feel like a zombie now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

Hasn't this hurricane got a name?

Hurricane Keep Me Up All Night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

FunkZ wrote: »
    Hurricane Keep Me Up All Night?

I was thinking the exact same, but more along the lines of Hurricane Yore Ma.... does the same thing really ;)

Noice.

In other news, very diasappointed by the whole ordeal, wasn't nearly up to the hype!

Archimedes wrote: »
    I was thinking the exact same, but more along the lines of Hurricane Yore Ma.... does the same thing really ;)

OFFICIAL! I should have thought of that name! :D

Did ya find it hard sleeping with *Hurricane* Yore Ma last night?!

*Cough when yis say hurricane. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Cantab. wrote: »
    Hasn't this hurricane got a name?

"Hurricane Over rated"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well that was boring. I expected to wake up to utter devistation!

Ah lads, I was just out for a cigarette there and there was a wheelie bin, on it's side, I'm deadly serious! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Mirror wrote: »
    Ah lads, I was just out for a cigarette there and there was a wheelie bin, on it's side, I'm deadly serious! :eek:

Dude! Are you okay?

I had to spark up another from the stress of it all. Shocking imagery, I never saw the like of it before. With it's lid slightly ajar, almost as if it were saying "Awwwwwhhhgggggg........"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

aww damn I wanted to go to the cinema today

I guess I'll have a to wear a slightly heavier jacket as a precaution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Meh three hours of bad gusting a bit of a let down, though about the same is promised for this afternoon/evening. Some flooding on the Quays and Sallypark I hear but not serious.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Jaysus that was one very productive storm for me. Had a bit of rubbish out the back garden. Not anymore lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

mike65 wrote: »
    Meh three hours of bad gusting a bit of a let down, though about the same is promised for this afternoon/evening. Some flooding on the Quays and Sallypark I hear but not serious.

Mike.
    Mike, you're English, right?
    We don't get storms as bad as those in England.
    I think the English people are still trying to get over Michael fish getting it so wrong in 1987. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

thought it was supposed to hit us tomorrow?? this cant be the storm?! can it?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Terry wrote: »
    Mike, you're English, right?
    We don't get storms as bad as those in England.
    I think the English people are still trying to get over Michael fish getting it so wrong in 1987. :)

Yep, I think south of England gets it worse due to the effect of the English Channel, it seems to act like a funnel if the storm comes from the west. Fish did'nt get it wrong of course, the computers did (thats what he'll say til the day he dies!) :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I'm 100% sure this is exactly as dramatic as it is being made out to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

I'm still in bed, but it looks beautiful out! Probably a bit chilly though. :)

Where's our storm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

A real rain is coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

its pretty bad down in the south west, i got blown about a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

i got blown

Just here to brag is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,694 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

lost our internet to the storm last night, but this morning the download speed was on 'roids :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pheonix Ski

The weather is gone crap over here in the west,im hoping its the begining off the end.. *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

storm what storm /dublin /only got up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Looks like worse to come on Tues / Wed.

Last night was just breathing in.

Advertisement