Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are U ready for teh storm?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Rough sketch of the Beaufort scale

SPEED
    MPH
    Above G

Force 9 47-54 Severe Gale Slight structural damage occurs(chimney-pots and slates removed).

Force10 55-63 Storm Seldom experienced inland; trees uprooted; considerable structural damage occurs.

Force11 64-72 Violent Storm Very rarely experienced;accompanied by wide-spread damage.

Force12 73-83 Hurricane --

Francis Beaufort was born in Ireland in 1774, ......

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/education/secondary/students/beaufort.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

well its started here , the electrisity has already gone off twice , its cold ,its lashing down and its quite windy , not major winds yet but like a bad wind in winter!!

maybe here in co.limerick we will get away with it...have put away most things from outside that could move ,so hopefully we will be ok!! :)

night all....i'm off to bed to listen to the wind howling while i am hot and toasty in my bed...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tis windy and raining in Tramore.. but nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I hate storms, the wind rattles my window and makes it impossible to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Pick up a few candles and a stash of batteries in Tesco tonight so...and charge the old lamp for tomorrow night..

Francis Beaufort was born in Ireland in 1774, ......in Navan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pheonix Ski

Is there really a storm coming :eek: I didnt hear anything about it but then again i am in the back arse of nowere..

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

shi**ing it in case the 80yo + roof wont last the night if the wind outside wont calm here in cork. can't even let the poor dog out for a pee or he'ld go flying into co kerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pheonix Ski

hahaha is the weater that bad down in Cork,maybe i should send the OH out for supplies and fetch the bow wows in,it seems to be getting very windy down on my bog in roscommon in the middle of a forest (scary)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

A dirty evening in the township of Dungarvan, Co. waterford. Pissing it down and the wind getting stronger and stronger. Nothing special yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

All my garden furniture is now in the corner of my garden...piled up on top of each other....Gonna tell my wife...she'll wanna go out and clean it all up:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

No sign of a storm here, bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I'm 10 miles from Galway City, pissing down , windy but no way stormy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Very stormy here now, lights flickering too much for my liking.

It's gonna be big lads........i can feel it in me waters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

The wind is pickn up now and the bloody roofer was meant to come fix the tiles over a week ago, knowing my luck half d roof will come down ontop of my bike or me new car :eek:.

was thinkn how i love storms when im nice n warm inside with beer in hand, but then on another note its gonna be a bad week for all the homeless folk stuck out there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

themadchef wrote: »

Hope ya have toll money to get back to the west - and ya better run like feck if you dump achill in dublin bay - they'll get you for littering.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well it's looking like this;

From now until around 4am a strong set of gales will cross the country associated with a rainband which may fall as sleet or even snow if you have elevation on your side (above 200m). the gales will be worst slong the east coast around 2am with mean winds of 50mph gusting to 70mph at times.

The winds will then ease in most places from aroudn 4am, but still breezy.

The center of the storm will then move over the country, which is lucky for us as the winds on its southern edge are extreme (hurricane force), these severe winds may clip along the southern coast line, Kerry, Cork look in the firing line for these with gusts possibly reach 90mph along the far south coast.

Wednesday morning looks like there could be a really wind storm across more northern areas with Dublin set to be affected this could give 80mph winds.

Here's a picture of the beast approaching Ireland, luckily it seems we will escape its' worst.

stormysv2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

mike65 wrote: »
    Its calm outside :( I fully expect this event to be a damp squib.

Mike.

Calm before the storm my friend. Ever hear that expression

You are in Waterford so the east coast will be hit last. How are the posters on the West coast doing? Do they still have electricity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Im starting training for a new job at 9 in the morning. I cant wait for the hour bus journey....(and the bus stop):rolleyes:

themadchef wrote: »

You're from Achill, that explains it.
    Another sign from yer wan from the house of prayer.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

I have to do fieldwork tomorrow. In an actual field. Great.

micmclo wrote: »
    Calm before the storm my friend. Ever hear that expression

You are in Waterford so the east coast will be hit last. How are the posters on the West coast doing? Do they still have electricity?

Not bad here, heavy rain, but no storm, i am 10 miles from the coast though,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

galwayrush wrote: »
    Not bad here, heavy rain, but no storm, i am 10 miles from the coast though,

Same here in cork. It's a bit windy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

limerick a bit windy and raining as well. nothing out of the usual though IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Cavan's getting fairly heavy winds, we're quite elevated and exposed here though. Rain to but, with some very strong gusts, but nothing to drop one over yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Nothing in Dublin yet,Monday evening is supposed to be just as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Imagine you were getting married in the next few days.. You'd be rightly fucked:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Thats that globing warming i tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

F*ck off wind, and STFU!

Ditto rain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

The winds and rain have gotten stronger here. I don't fancy going to work in that in the morning.

Advertisement