Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are U ready for teh storm?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its kicking off here - roof groaning a bit and windows/doors rattling a fraction when it gusts.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Same here, roof is making some very scary cracking sounds.

I want my mammy!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

kicked off here in a big way. the digital tv signal is flickering. The wind is howling around the house and the rain is belting off the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

had to move my car from the quay just now. and my hat blew away :(
    also seen huge amounts of garbage hurtling past the window a few times.

i broke my record on spitting and fag throwing just now :)

hmmm maybe i wont let the bird walk home from work tonight :p

worst storm ive seen in ireland in the last few years anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

had to move my car from the quay just now. and my hat blew away :(
    Funnily enough.. I was outside and a hat blew into my hand.

Thanks for that..!

PS - very bad in Sligo. Doesn't help i'm on the third story of an apartment block beside a river.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Gotten a lot worse in Galway in the last few minutes, I can hear things hitting off other things outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Once its not my house falling apart...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I don't hear any storm, but the tumble dryer is on and i have drank 2 bottles of Amarone Wine.:rolleyes:

basquille wrote: »
    PS - very bad in Sligo. Doesn't help i'm on the third story of an apartment block beside a river.

And you probably paid extra for the view!

Mike.

It's very eerie the way it goes all quiet....then the rain/hail starts pelting the window again and the howl of that wind when it picks up.....

Seems to go mad every now and then? (not me, the wind)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

I really wish the heating in my house wasn't broken. Cold....so cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Rockee wrote: »
    Im starting training for a new job at 9 in the morning. I cant wait for the hour bus journey....(and the bus stop):rolleyes:
    Good luck in the new job. It's got quite rough down here in the Kilbush end of town. ;)
    OPENROAD wrote: »
    Nothing in Dublin yet
    Fairly rough in the north county.

andrew wrote: »

brrrr at the thoughts of that!

Whiskey, by the bottle = warm and you won't give a toss about the storm, tonight or tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

andrew wrote: »

Yesterday the boiler packed in, couldn't get a plumber, gambled on buying a new burner for 190 euro, fitted it myself, actually easy as it was only one pipe, and three wires, and one nut to fix it into place. Thankfully it worked, it was freezing here today.

Anyone see Sky News at 11 pm? The newscaster asked for pix to be e-mailed/texted if "you should get close enough" er well done.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭trellheim

wind blowing strong , ringsend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I was meant to be flying back into Dublin airport tonight at 11pm but the trip was cancelled during the week thank god.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

themadchef wrote: »
    brrrr at the thoughts of that!

Whiskey, by the bottle = warm and you won't give a toss about the storm, tonight or tomorrow ;)

*looks at bottle of middleton whiskey in cupboard*

I wonder if my parents would mind if the found me asleep and hypothermic beside an empty bottle of whiskey tomorrow morning. 'But i got cold while using the computer!'

On some website they were saying its the storm of the century. It's not very impressive seeing as how this century only started 8years ago.

We're feeling some effects of it in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

I just let the dog out to pee, I was standing in my kitchen but still got rined on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Imagine you were getting married in the next few days.. You'd be rightly fucked:eek:

I'm getting images of the scene of Bruce Almighty when he uses the wind for his own gain!:D

This storm was going to be the most entertaining thing to happen to the Irish since we got to the quarters in the world cup back in the nineties, but nothing, I've bloodly seen more wind come out of a persons buttocks, We don't ask for much, now I was promised to see a storm by Rte and I expect to see one!

fletch... wrote: »
    I just let the dog out to pee, I was standing in my kitchen but still got rined on

Are you sure it wasn't just his piss getting caught in the wind?

basquille wrote: »
    Funnily enough.. I was outside and a hat blew into my hand.

Thanks for that..!

must be a speed record! tipp to galway in 5 mins! :)
    mike65 wrote: »
    And you probably paid extra for the view!

Mike.

3rd floor over a river myself :( all i see is tree's and muddy water. some view!
    trellheim wrote: »
    wind blowing strong , ringsend

does it whistle going through ringsend? :p
    fletch... wrote: »

your dog will wake up in suffolk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

We don't ask for much, now I was promised to see a storm by Rte and I expect to see one!

Indeed. I love listening to storms. Have the window open here so I can hear it all night and there's hardly a breeze (South Dublin). Very disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pheonix Ski

:O ohmy,i made myself get the tank filled with diesel for the central heating there 2 days ago cause i had run outta turf and to think i wasnt going to bother and the place is like a ice cube without it,i feel for all you peeps without heating...Make sure ye wrap up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Banana_montana

I'm really excited... but so far I'm seeing nothing. Hearing a few gusts of wind every now and then but I'm pretty dissapointed overall.
    Come on stormy!
    Guarunteed when a brick blows through my window I won't be so mouthy.

wouldnt the large amount of rain and cloud cover make it warmer rather than colder?

clouds = no frost
    no frost = warmth

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Eglinton wrote: »
    Indeed. I love listening to storms. Have the window open here so I can hear it all night and there's hardly a breeze (South Dublin). Very disappointed.

South Dublin here too. Ye I'm going to open my window now too, I don't have anything to worry about as reguardas anything blowing out the window though..

Also thank goodness we got our heating fixed during the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

Im in Letterkenny and its just a wee bit windy, nothing major going to uproot my cherry blossom anyways. Bit of a disappointment, but since I never bothered my ass preparing in case... I cant complain :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

Are you sure it wasn't just his piss getting caught in the wind?

LOL! im sure the piss is somewhere in Whales by now :D

Advertisement