Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs350 house alarm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭altor

The open zone would relate to the zone itself. What sensors have you on the zone ?

AxlF wrote: »
    OK, got it sorted...somehow.
    Something was obviously loose. I didn't actually do anything but slight movements of cables set the alarm off twice.
    I then noticed that the panel was only complaining about Tamper alarm and not the Zone 3 one. So I sealed it all back up and the alarm works fine again.
    Cheers for the advice.

Good to see you got it sorted, I would still see what was loose in the zone. Might even be a pinched cable in the control panel. If it does show up like this again you will know what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Full Bore

Hi there I have this posted in another section this might be more relevent, I need to remove a pir from my shed, the house had alarm fitted when i moved in and I only have the user code, install company is out of business so I am looking for manual to see how to find out to do this.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Please do no post the same requests across multiple threads.
    I replied to your other post & I have sent you the manual.

Full Bore wrote: »
    Hi there I have this posted in another section this might be more relevent, I need to remove a pir from my shed, the house had alarm fitted when i moved in and I only have the user code, install company is out of business so I am looking for manual to see how to find out to do this.

If you open the PIR, it will show what zone in the control panel it is connected to. The alarm will activate so put in your user code to turn it off. Turn off the mains, open control panel. Disconnect the zone with the PIR connected to it. Also disconnect the 12v supply to the PIR in the control panel. Put resistor across the zone you just disconnected. Close up control panel and turn back on the mains. This will take the PIR off the system for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Full Bore

Just to update, Opened PIR no tamper went off. Got thinking if tamper wasn't working then the eng lock was hardly set? Carried out a factory reset didnt work managed to reset operator code only and i cant even access the user menu and my second keypad is now not working! What are my options now? Any help is greatfull

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If it didn't default how did you reset the user code?
    Sounds like it did default and the 2nd keypad is uninstalled.
    Does 01278 get you into engineer ?

Full Bore wrote: »
    Just to update, Opened PIR no tamper went off. Got thinking if tamper wasn't working then the eng lock was hardly set? Carried out a factory reset didnt work managed to reset operator code only and i cant even access the user menu and my second keypad is now not working! What are my options now? Any help is greatfull

There was other ways of finding out what zone the pir. By the sound of it you have defaulted the system. Entering 1278 on the keypad will bring you into engineering, if you scroll through the menu you will see OUTPUTS/REMOTES. select this and scroll to install remotes to get both keypads working again. You are going to have to identify all the zones on the system so you can set them up. The easiest way is by going into the zone menu and set up the gross and pulse on zones 1-4, with this complete go into walk test, zone 1 and test by banging the windows or opening any openings on them. Take note of what activates, same with all zones. The zone with the pir you want to disable will also be identified doing this. Any zone that does not have shock sensors on when you finished take the gross and pulse off again. Zones 5-6 dont have this. User code, engineer code, time, date will be simple enough to set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Anyone know a name and number of an engineer that can install a new 12V battery in Kildare town?. How much is a reasonable price for an engineer to come and install a new battery?.

I take it its an Aritech CS350 you have.
    Take a look at the Suppliers & Installers Sticky.
    As always shop around. Prices could vary from €50 to over €150.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Thanks will do, actually im talking for my brother as a fallback as he was given a number of an engineer whos number isnt ringing and the brother is going on holiday on friday. Wouldnt be sure if its an Aritech CS350 but ill ask him to check this thread and the sticky out himself.

No Problem. If he's posting regarding a different system perhaps look for a different thread or start a new one. ;)

Anyone know a name and number of an engineer that can install a new 12V battery in Kildare town?. How much is a reasonable price for an engineer to come and install a new battery?.

A cheaper option is to replace the battery yourself. If you can find out the type of alarm more than happy to tell you the battery you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,517 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Hi, I'm in my sister place this week installing aerial/satellite dish, tv points etc.

She asked me to have a look at the Aritech CS350 main/battery box located in the downstairs toilet which was hanging from the wall (top screw pulled through plasterboard).

The tamper alarm went off as it should (didn't know that at the time, bit of a shock), reset alarm, main powered off etc. Replaced screw with proper pasterboard fixing, no problems.

Tonight when they went to part engage the alarm they get a "cabinet tamper" message. Could this be that the panel cover is not sitting properly or another fault? Is it possible to reset?

Haven't tried the engineers code mentioned at the beginning of the thread, don't want to wake the neighbours (especially next door's baby) at this late hour if I go messing with the system.

As the house was second hand when purchased no manuals came with it, is it possible to get the installers/engineers manual mentioned earlier in the thread to understand how the system works?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cabinet tamper refers to the tamper on the control panel as you have said above. There is a spring that closes the tamper when the lid is closed. Check to see if the spring is closed by pressing the down arrow twice when you put the lid back on again.

I have sent you a P.M re the manuals.

altor wrote: »
    Cabinet tamper refers to the tamper on the control panel as you have said above. There is a spring that closes the tamper when the lid is closed. Check to see if the spring is closed by pressing the down arrow twice when you put the lid back on again.

I have sent you a P.M re the manuals.

Thanks for the manuals, will give it a go tomorrow when everyone's awake.

Cabinet tamper could be the lid or anything that is wired into auxiliary tamper input. Terminals 18 and 19. I Will send you the manuals.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Cabinet tamper could be the lid or anything that is wired into auxiliary tamper input. Terminals 18 and 19. I Will send you the manuals.

Thanks for the reply and links.

Will investigate today.

No bother. If you need any help you know where we are.

The Cush wrote: »
    Thanks for the manuals, will give it a go tomorrow when everyone's awake.

Your welcome, hopefully they will help. If the only lid you removed was the control panel lid I would say that is the fault your getting. After closing up press the arrow down twice and that will tell you if it is closed. If you find it is still open, hold the spring and get someone else to press the down arrow twice. it will rule out the control panel lid If it still shows open.

• Advertisement

Problem sorted earlier today.

The tamper switch spring has gone a bit limp and wasn't making proper contact with the raised contact on the panel cover.

Carried out a small mod on the panel cover and all's well after powering everything back up, no further faults indicated.

Many thanks again to both of you for your assistance and manuals.

I noticed that the backup battery is a 2.2 Ah unit and not the 6.5 Ah recommended in the manual

Thanks for getting back to us. The back up battery I would recommend would be a 12v 7ah. It will make the system last longer in the event of a power cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 spencer024

Hi Koolkid,

Is ther any chance i could get a link from ya for the manual for the CS350, only code i have is the normal user code, like earlier poster, I got front door replaced a while back and magnet was never replaced.
    I got new white connection box and magnet, but when i now try set the alarm it say system ok- please leave but it does not stop beeping so.
    I killed power and removed battery lead hoping it would clear this fault but still remains the same.
    Any help or ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

Havent been active here for a while now but i def had posts made!!

spencer024 wrote: »
    Hi Koolkid,

Is ther any chance i could get a link from ya for the manual for the CS350, only code i have is the normal user code, like earlier poster, I got front door replaced a while back and magnet was never replaced.
    I got new white connection box and magnet, but when i now try set the alarm it say system ok- please leave but it does not stop beeping so.
    I killed power and removed battery lead hoping it would clear this fault but still remains the same.
    Any help or ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

Havent been active here for a while now but i def had posts made!!

There is a zone open, if they are not closed then it would arm.
    If you press the down arrow twice on the system does it say anything is open?
    Sent you a P.M re the manuals.

Thanks for reply Altor!!
    I'll joined the wire at my front door temporarly to see would it make any diff but it made no change! Stilll same never ending beep with 'Leave now' on display.
    I'll check now using arrow down key and ill report back.
    Thanks again!!

OK, some progress made, using the down arrow key twice(thanks altor)
    showing my front door was open so i joined the wires entering the connection box and my alarm set fine.
    Im trying to use new connection box and magnets.
    The alarm company used blue/yellow , the old system had only two wires out to the receiver/magnet but the new one I have has 4 wires and when i use blue/yellow I'm still getting circuit open.
    Hopefully someone here will know cause the missus is not impressed with me messing with this for a while now!
    Thanks

Sorted, had to use red/yellow to magnet to get it to work properly!
    Alarm hasnt been working in 3 years:o

Sorted, had to use red/yellow to magnet to get it to work properly!
    Alarm hasnt been working in 3 years:o

At lease it is working now, sent you the manuals in case you ever need them.

altor wrote: »
    At lease it is working now, sent you the manuals in case you ever need them.

Thanks for all your help Altor, Much appreciated!!

• Advertisement

Thanks for all your help Altor, Much appreciated!!

Your welcome Spencer024, any other problems you know where we are.

Advertisement