Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs350 house alarm

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

PMed you that manual.
    Any problems let us know..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cajetan

altor wrote: »
    It is the size of a sensor used on a window. Can be in the control panel or located beside it. Usually has a call monitoring sticker on it to, could of fallen off. This is where the noise is coming from.

Hi I was away the weekend so didn't get a chance to reply on this,

So I took another look at the control box and there is no monitoring buzzer that I can see so I don't think its a monitoring issue.

I connected up the battery to the control box and the siren went off with a loud ear piercing sound. I disarmed the alarm with the keypad , the siren stopped and again I was left with this loud buzzing noise (though nowhere near as loud as the siren)

I put my ear against the siren white box and it appears to be coming from this.

So the siren is tripping correctly but when I disarm there is a buzzing noise that continues after the siren has stopped.

Any ideas ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That box is the internal siren.. Can you disconnect the + & - from that and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cajetan

KoolKid wrote: »
    That box is the internal siren.. Can you disconnect the + & - from that and try again.

Hi, yes its the internal siren thats causing the problem.

There is an external siren box on the wall outside but it is not connected (and never has been in the 8 years I've been there), I asked an alarm Engineer who service the alarm last year to look into it but he said that he could not safely access the existing external box as its over a porch extension. I don't know why/how the previous owner disconnected it.

If I disconnect the internal siren then I'm sure this will solve the problem but the alarm won't be of much use.

I generally use it for setting at night when we are there to alert me if anyone tries to break in as the internal siren is loud enough for that,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

cajetan wrote: »
    Hi, yes its the internal siren thats causing the problem.

There is an external siren box on the wall outside but it is not connected (and never has been in the 8 years I've been there), I asked an alarm Engineer who service the alarm last year to look into it but he said that he could not safely access the existing external box as its over a porch extension. I don't know why/how the previous owner disconnected it.

If I disconnect the internal siren then I'm sure this will solve the problem but the alarm won't be of much use.

I generally use it for setting at night when we are there to alert me if anyone tries to break in as the internal siren is loud enough for that,

The internal bell is gone faulty then. Easy to replace. You can either use a sound bomb or replace with an internal bell. Any of the suppliers here would have a replacement in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yeah that's what he was saying to me. They are wired in series but I just find it so hard to believe that all of the contacts would never have been working. If it was one or two I'd understand but all of them.

And another thing that is adding to my confusion. this alarm was monitored by a monitoring company prior to us moving in. Would the company not have some sort of obligation to ensure the contacts work before monitoring the system?

Thanks again for the replies. Good to get some feedback from the community.

Yes but if there was an issue with the contacts then the engineer rather than fault finding the sensors to find the fault disconnected them. Have come across this many a time.

The thing is you don't know if it was agreed between the customer and the company to disconnect the contacts from the system just leaving the shocks enabled. I have come across this on many a time and it turns out one of the contacts is faulty and must of being causing false alarms so the company disconnected the contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mayomc

Hi I'm just looking for some help , I have moved into a house this week and there is an ariteck alarm in the house but I don't know the code to the alarm , is there a way to reset the alarm so that we can put our own code in and start using it ? Thanks in advance !

You could try a factory default, but you will have to reprogramme everything again. If you PM me who installed it I'll see can I get the engineer code for it.
    Have you tried the default engineer code 01278.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mayomc

Just tried it tonight , I think I have it sorted thanks a lot for your help ,)

Your welcome. Did the factory engineer code work. ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Hi can anyone send me a Aritech CS350 manual?

Thanks

I PMed you that manual. If you need any help give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Light Buzzyear

Hi Guys,

You helped me out on some queries I had on a HKC unit some time ago on one of the threads here, and I greatly appreciated your help. I have another alarm related problem now that I need some help on. It's an Aritech CS350N.

The symptoms of the problem were a dead keypad, after there previously having had a low battery warning light. I replaced the battery with a standard 12V 7 (or maybe it was a 7.2) aH unit, and that got everything back up and running fine again. The battery had been in about 7 years at that stage, so I didn't mind a battery replacement, and I didn't investigate it further. I didn't check the voltage on the battery leads with the battery removed while powered on to check if the correct charge was going to it...in retrospect I should have.

Approx 6 weeks later my other half got the call to say that the external bell was ringing constantly (well lethargically whining rather than ringing normally) and the internal bell as ringing as normal. Again the keypad was completely dead. As it was during the night my other half went out, just cut the power and that silenced everything (without having to remove the battery).

I can replace the battery again, that's not a problem, but I suspect there's something else going on, as in the root cause being it not re-charging properly. I can check the voltages etc. on the leads going to the battery, but beyond that e.g. checking rectifiers etc. I'm a bit out of my depth, and I won't have component specs for replacement items without first going there, getting the offending part spec, finding a source, ordering the part and returning then to fit it.

The system bell timer also needs to be re-programmed I guess...I'm not sure if I'll need an engineer code for this system or whether the default will work. The original installer was Gard alarms.

If there are any pointers you could give for me to try, or known problems with the CS350N that you could advise of, I'd greatly appreciate your help, but if a call-out is the best solution, perhaps you could advise of typical call out costs and ballpark components replacement cost for likely repairs?

Many thanks.

LB

Its really a matter of checking power starting ar the mains in,then the AC out of the power supply and power out of the panel & the battery leads.
    If the panel is getting power OK from the PSU and struggling with it after that it could be the rectifier , but realistically I would be looking at replacing the panel after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Guys sorry does anybody have the c350 alarm book. We had the alarm set this morning and the housemate opened a window downstairs which triggered the alarm and we have had it going off all day. It says the box has been tampered with.

Any ideas how to stop it we are going to see if we can get somebody to service it ASAP but I live in an estate so I'd say I'm not going to be popular. Can I take out the battery r will that stop it? It's now ring constantly for 15 mins and a break for 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

shannon82 wrote: »
    Guys sorry does anybody have the c350 alarm book. We had the alarm set this morning and the housemate opened a window downstairs which triggered the alarm and we have had it going off all day. It says the box has been tampered with.

Any ideas how to stop it we are going to see if we can get somebody to service it ASAP but I live in an estate so I'd say I'm not going to be popular. Can I take out the battery r will that stop it? It's now ring constantly for 15 mins and a break for 5 minutes

I would suggest that you get onto your landlord to find out the code. You do realise what you are asking us?

shannon82 wrote: »

Have you the code for the alarm?

Hi sorry yes I have the code for the alarm, however it was ringing constantly. A family friend came and took the fuse out if the alarm as we wouldn't have got any sleep.

Sorry , Im confused did your code not turn it off?

No we input the code and the comment kept coming up bell tamper, as a result the external bell alarm kept going off throughout the day.looked at the box and somebody had written on the box that the last time the battery was changed was 2005

The first time I seen that comment coming up was the day after st Stephan's day, the electricity had gone and we forgot to put in the code before we opened the front door. We eventually got it to stop though

• Advertisement

Either the external bell is faulty or there is a poor connection between the bell and the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dec1892

Either the external bell is faulty or there is a poor connection between the bell and the panel.

Im getting the "low battery" and "bell tamper" message for my Aritech CS350N. Have it disconnected at the moment. Gonna buy a new battery tomoro and put it in. Will this likely fix the problem or does the "Bell Tamper" message suggest there could be a loose connection on the actual alarm box outside??

By the way, when putting in the new battery, if I have the alarm switched off at the mains, does it matter what order I put in the battery and fuse when reconnecting everything?

Thanks

If the battery has run down so low it may cause the bell tamper if it's drawing too much power from the system.
    Whether you power it up on the battery or the mains first is irrelevant. It may take a few minutes for the low batter message to clear. This is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dec1892

If the battery has run down so low it may cause the bell tamper if it's drawing too much power from the system.
    Whether you power it up on the battery or the mains first is irrelevant. It may take a few minutes for the low batter message to clear. This is normal.

Ok, thanks. I'll replace the battery and see how I'm fixed then.....might need to touch base again with you if still have the"bell tamper" error!

No problem. Come back if you need us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 karent4736

I have an Aritech CS350 alarm and I replaced the backup battery and now I have a Call Alarm Co 26 msg. How can I clear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Is the fault light on, ie the yellow one?

Did you by any chance blow a fuse? Have you tried arming the system?

karent4736 wrote: »
    I have an Aritech CS350 alarm and I replaced the backup battery and now I have a Call Alarm Co 26 msg. How can I clear this?

Enter you user code.
    On arm menu press the correct key.
    Press arrow down untill you come to clear reset & enter the code Im PMing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lads said I wouldn't start another thread. Mrs got up this morning and forgot to disarm the alarm and opened the patio door at the back so she typed in the code and the internal alarm turned off but the external bell continued ringing and an error comes up cabinet tamper. The external alarm stopped ringing after 20 minutes or so but when I try and set the alarm it comes up open zone cabinet tamper, now I have never opened the cabinet that holds the pcb, any ideas how to fix this, is it the external bell that's faulty? The pcb? Can I fix it myself or do I need to get a professional in?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

It's either the panel tamper which is the spring inside the control panel lid or else a tamper loop that is wired into the aux tamper connections, terminals 18 & 19 on the main PCB.
    I'd start by checking the tamper at the door.

Advertisement