Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs350 house alarm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 maithulamps

Hey,

Have another one of these error codes... anybody know what "call alarm co Code 80" means?

Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Tamper reset is turned on .
    Did you open any tampers?
    When you have finished and everything is closed up post up the code that shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

Afternoon folks, anyone any idea how to change the alarm code? The door on the control panel has instructions that says 'press 5' for code change however when I press it and enter the existing code it just sets the alarm! Do I need the engineers code?

Need to change it as the current buttons used in the code are getting difficult to press due to wearing

As always any advice appreciated

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you enter your user code does it display Arm Menu?

KoolKid wrote: »
    When you enter your user code does it display Arm Menu?

I dont think so KoolKid, it just sets as if I am leaving the house with a continuous tone

• Advertisement

Your code has not been set up with the correct permissions to change code(s).
    You will need the engineer code to change those permissions and/or change the user code.

Your code has not been set up with the correct permissions to change code(s).
    You will need the engineer code to change those permissions and/or change the user code.

I guess I'll have to get someone to call out to change it, I see this forum recommends some service providers too. Thanks for the help KoolKid;)

Your welcome. PM me the installers name. Ill check my list ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bingus666

I sent you a PM re a manual.;)

howdy! been reading through this thread - am one of many, it seems, with issues with this alarm system. Last year I had the low battery issue, read up the threads & changed it. Worked a treat. :)

But now the "cabinate tamper" alarm is going off late at night early in morning (4am - 6am) NOT GOOD. been trying all sorts, flicking fuse switch, resetting at panel, removing battery etc, work for 2 days then went off again last night. Am thinking to disconnect altogether, alarm is more a pain in the barse than useful tbh... came with house when I bought it few years back.

However, as last resort, I will try the engineer code thingy (1278 or 01122) but also I have no maintenance manual so not sure what to set when at that stage. Any chance of mailing it to me?

If I could just turn it off I would be happy.

cheers for all the help!

bingus

I sent you the manuals.
    Cabinet tamper is either the panel lid or what's wired in auxiliary tamper.
    Terminals 18 and 19. Closing these off with a short lenght of cable will sort the problem for now.

• Advertisement

hi koolkid, thanks a mill! got the manuals - had a good read of them & yes, I understand the whole system much better now ;)

am still a noob though so when you say close off terminals 18 & 19 with a bit of wire - what exactly do you mean? do I literally put a piece of wire from one to the other? is it that simple? too late in the night now to attempt resetting to factory codes etc, but am gonna give it a good go tomorrow... would prefer not to have to cut all the wires as last resort... if it's a simple fix like you suggest then better to fix than break I guess :)

cheers man for the help!

I sent you the manuals.
    Terminals 18 and 19. Closing these off with a short lenght of cable will sort the problem for now.

okay, since then the alarm hasnt gone off at all but last night it went off again, no reason at all, just internal alarm went off around 10pm, luckily I was still up & ran out to disarm.

I want to sort this out for once & for all! you mentioned to close off terminals 18/19 with a piece of wire? do I just (after turning off leccy fuses etc) tape a piece of wire between the 2 terminals? is it that simple?

I think I want to power down the entire unit now as a long term solution, it's old & this is prob gonna be happening again & again... but for now, so I can get decent sleep I wanna do what you have suggested. cheers!

Yes , simply wire a short length of cable between terminal 18 & 19. That should solve your tamper problem for now.I don't recommend powering down the system entirely. These days its better to have some sort of working alarm rather than nothing. If you do wish to power it down then do as follows:

As always turn off the mains power before opening the panel.
    After opening the panel remove the mains fuse located besid the mains power supply.
    Disconnect the 2 battery leads from the battery. The external bell may ring at this stage. That will stop after about 20 minutes.
    Replace the panel lid
    Turn the mains power back on.
    Once the external bell stops ringing thats the system totally powered down.

thanks koolkid, you de man! just did the wirey thing... & as for powering down thanks for the heads up on how to do it, especially the step "removing mains fuse" as apposed to chopping wires - that in case I decide to power up again? ;)

matter of interest what does applying wire to 18/19 terminals actually do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

bingus666 wrote: »
    thanks koolkid, you de man! just did the wirey thing... & as for powering down thanks for the heads up on how to do it, especially the step "removing mains fuse" as apposed to chopping wires - that in case I decide to power up again? ;)

dnt use tape to close it off..use the screw terminals..it just closes off the the Aux tamper circuit

bingus666 wrote: »

The cables into that input should be a closed loop. If there is a tamper problem or a bad connection that loop opens causing the alarm to activate. Wiring a short length between those 2 ensures the loop stays closed.;)

Hey man, fraid I gotta power it down - tamper still going off, not as much but still happening. I did what ya said re: closing off etc but it's still tripping off. I reckon it's old & needs to be replaced tbh. pity! thanks for all helps though...

:cool:

And is it displaying cabinet tamper when it goes off?

k, just went off there. turned it off & it displayed "tamper" then "bell tamper" & then "cabinet"...

Did you also put a resistor (4K7) across 16 & 17 , while leaving the BHO cable in 16 also?

• Advertisement

Did you also put a resistor (4K7) across 16 & 17 , while leaving the BHO cable in 16 also?

ya lost me there...:confused: 4K7? resistor? BHO cable? erm...

I "closed" the loop on 18/19 with piece of wire as posted earlier... is there something else to do?

It seems like the external bell tamper is the problem,
    Is there any spare resistors in the panel?
    http://www.google.com/m/search?q=resistors+&pbx=1&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g5-k0d0t0&fkt=2691&fsdt=12186&cqt=&rst=&htf=&his=&maction=&site=images&gl=us&client=ms-android-vf-ie&source=mog&csll=&action=&ltoken=e5822198#i=4
    If so connect one across 16 and 17.
    leave the existing cable in 16.
    Remove the existing cable from 17.

Hi koolkid, thanks for all the help, I powered it down today. Spending too much time on it to be honest & that I do not have much of! Down the line when I decide to fix or replace I'll give it a proper go ;)

No bother. If you need a hand you know where we are,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭gerbo

Rather than starting another thread on this alarm system I hope no one minds if I ask the question here.

Where can I buy parts for this system, specifically an inertia sensor and battery.

Is it easy to change the inertia sensor?

Cheers

edit: forget the battery, I read some more of the thread.

The parts like sensors & batteries are universal.
    Take a look at the suppliers sticky here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

Hi,
    So I've read through this entire thread and it is full of useful info but I'm just looking for another bit of advice.
    The "battery is low" notice has been flashing for about 2 months now. The alarm, aritech cs350, has been arming fine, no issues with it.
    Yesterday, I bought and installed a replacement battery. There wasn't any issue that I noticed - Tamper alarm went off, old battery came out, new one went in and the "battery is low" notice disappeared. I didn't disconnect it from the mains during this.
    When I went to arm the alarm last night it kept telling me that Zone 3 is open. I've physically checked each point and I they are all definitely closed. I can set the alarm if I inhibit Zone 3 but that's a pain.
    What could be wrong? And might I have done something while changing the battery as this issue only arose yesterday?
    Also, I've tried the 1278 code but there's no joy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭altor

More than likely a cable has come loose in the control panel when you replaced the battery. The zone list 1-6 is on the back of the lid to help. The code 1278 is the default code, this would of being changed by the installer.

altor wrote: »
    More than likely a cable has come loose in the control panel when you replaced the battery. The zone list 1-6 is on the back of the lid to help. The code 1278 is the default code, this would of being changed by the installer.

Thanks for the reply.
    I'm looking in to the box now - there's a few loose wires (it's a bit of a mess - I can see at least 4 wires only connected at one point) but they were there yesterday when I opened it, before I removed the battery.
    I'm having a problem with Zone 3. I can see, from the lid, that the input for Zone 3 is 27 and 28. These look fine. The output is, I assume from looking at the lid, "Progammable Outputs 3" and that is number 10. But that has no wire coming from it, and did not yesterday so I might be looking at the wrong thing.

• Advertisement

OK, got it sorted...somehow.
    Something was obviously loose. I didn't actually do anything but slight movements of cables set the alarm off twice.
    I then noticed that the panel was only complaining about Tamper alarm and not the Zone 3 one. So I sealed it all back up and the alarm works fine again.
    Cheers for the advice.

Advertisement