Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 TRANSYL

Has anyone been able to contact the tiler? We got a call from project tiles a couple of days ago to let us know tiles were being put in over next two days, we want tanking and pigeon hole done and can not get through to him at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

I chased him for a month solid with no joy. and then got an email off him as if we had never talked last week. Good luck to you at grabbing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭alexf1

TRANSYL wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to contact the tiler? We got a call from project tiles a couple of days ago to let us know tiles were being put in over next two days, we want tanking and pigeon hole done and can not get through to him at all!

Try get Project Tiles to contact him, or at least let them know you want extras done and for him to contact you before he starts. Hope it's not too late.

he called my husband back, said he wouldn't have done anything on the tiles without calling us first.

he called my husband back, said he wouldn't have done anything on the tiles without calling us first.

Wow that's great for you! We got no such call from him.

• Advertisement

well my husband left a voicemail and then i tkt him again today to say tiles were being put in and we needed to speak to him, he is going to give us a price on him laying the tiles in the bathrooms instead of doing it independently, hopefully it doesn't work out much more as it would just be easier in the long run.

well my husband left a voicemail and then i tkt him again today to say tiles were being put in and we needed to speak to him, he is going to give us a price on him laying the tiles in the bathrooms instead of doing it independently, hopefully it doesn't work out much more as it would just be easier in the long run.

Would be interested to hear his quote as he lost interest after I told him we had our tiles and didn't need him to supply. He didn't answer our calls, texts or emails. Found it massively frustrating.

But I hope it works out for you! Delighted you are getting sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Why is number 58 advertised separately on Daft?

Did it not sell or is it the showhouse maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Gilo

New aerial photos. 24th of March 2018 at 1:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Gilo

New aerial photos (2). 24th of March 2018 at 1:30pm

• Advertisement

myshirt wrote: »
    Why is number 58 advertised separately on Daft?

Did it not sell or is it the showhouse maybe?

Scratch that, it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 olammo

the best way to reach the tiler is by sending text or email with your house number in the subject. He's very expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Just wondering what sort of heating+electricity bills residents in the Barnwell houses have been getting recently. Quite a few houses in Hansfield Wood have received ones around €600 combined for the last two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭technogeek

Just wondering what sort of heating+electricity bills residents in the Barnwell houses have been getting recently. Quite a few houses in Hansfield Wood have received ones around €600 combined for the last two months.

Wow! Hansfield Wood has heat pumps only right? They are supposed to be ultra efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

technogeek wrote: »
    Wow! Hansfield Wood has heat pumps only right? They are supposed to be ultra efficient.
    Yes heat pumps only, so the electricity bill includes heating. The highest bill we received before was €220 for two months, these bills are a massive jump.

I'm guessing the snow affected the pump but it was only a week so it's astonishing that it was such a jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 olammo

wow that sounds a lot.

Yes heat pumps only, so the electricity bill includes heating. The highest bill we received before was €220 for two months, these bills are a massive jump.

I'm guessing the snow affected the pump but it was only a week so it's astonishing that it was such a jump.

If you're to believe BER, A rated houses should spend up to €600 per year on heating bills.

Would be interesting to hear how much the gas bills are in Beechwood/Barnwell.

Looks like number 61 to 68 got released, or at least the fence is removed. I've seen some people are moving in already, yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bohsmug

Just wondering, are there any posters here living in one of the terraced houses in Beechwood yet? Or of any of the people living there, how do you find the sound from neighbours houses?

I think we're priced out of the semi Ds or end of terrace so if we want to buy we'd be buying terraced. I'd just be a little concerned about noise from both sides as I've only ever lived in semi Ds.

bohsmug wrote: »
    Just wondering, are there any posters here living in one of the terraced houses in Beechwood yet? Or of any of the people living there, how do you find the sound from neighbours houses?

I think we're priced out of the semi Ds or end of terrace so if we want to buy we'd be buying terraced. I'd just be a little concerned about noise from both sides as I've only ever lived in semi Ds.

Are they not all gone at this point bar those coming via cancellation?

• Advertisement

myshirt wrote: »
    Are they not all gone at this point bar those coming via cancellation?

Maybe thinking of April launch prices? I see The Park houses are selling now starting at 360k for 110sq m semi D so expecting Beechwood prices to increase as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 captaincool

they were from 320k last launch right? That's 12.5% of an increase. Seems like a fairly big jump.

They held the last 2 oak houses in beechwood back from the last launch. I'd imagine solely to increase the price.

they were from 320k last launch right? That's 12.5% of an increase. Seems like a fairly big jump.

They held the last 2 oak houses in beechwood back from the last launch. I'd imagine solely to increase the price.

Yeah the park were at 320 previously. Competition is increasing, kind of sad to see for young buyers trying to get a leg on the ladder.

What's the story for the next launch phase of Beechwood?

They still haven't published the prices for the new launch but it's in less than two weeks. Taking booking deposits from Friday 13th.

Yes, they were starting at 320k and I think they're wood frame as they built them very fast. Also, no appliances voucher. We're heading back to the boom years when 3 beds in Barnwell ( in 2007) were going for 399k.

Terraced 3 bed was 305k in last launch as far as I remember. Are they timber framed? They've advertised everything up to this point as block built.

bohsmug wrote: »
    Terraced 3 bed was 305k in last launch as far as I remember. Are they timber framed? They've advertised everything up to this point as block built.

Mid terrace was 320k back in Sept in The Park, see price list. Double checked the brochure and it does mention concrete built which means prefabricated panels. That explains the speed at which they were built. Beechwood is traditional brick and mortar, slow build.... Either way is good but the developer in The Park seems to be more greedy...ex NAMA lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mick2311

Surely the 360k is for the 119M2 semi if you at the site map there are actually very few terraces and even not that much 110m2 semis.

The 119M2 started at 345 in September so this to me would make more sense.

mick2311 wrote: »
    Surely the 360k is for the 119M2 semi if you at the site map there are actually very few terraces and even not that much 110m2 semis.

The 119M2 started at 345 in September so this to me would make more sense.

I hope so. 15k up in 6 months is quite high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

How much were the 4 beds in previous phases?

Advertisement