Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB apprenticeship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dean.

Hi guys.

I just done my assessment there tonight. Easy enough but feel like I made a show of myself on the maths lol (and it wasn't even hard). I forgot to read the instructions for the logical reasoning at the end so I got 2 or 3 wrong in that. I flew through mechanical and technical thinking. Spatial reasoning was a f*cking headache.

Anyway, I've applied with two profiles so I'm hoping I'll get offered another assessment tomorrow so I can improve.

Anyone know what the numbers are like for this stage of the process? Is it too early to feel special?

Really you have an IT degree?? Why the change of heart? I'm supposed to be doing computer science next year myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 NBCPass

Can't see myself sitting in an office for the next twenty - thirty years.

Received a new email this morning.

"Thank you for applying for the ESB Electrical Apprenticeship 2015 and for taking the time to complete the online assessments.

We are currently processing all applications. We will be in touch shortly in relation to the status of your application.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Kind regards,

ESB Apprentice Recruitment Team"

NBCPass wrote:
    Can't see myself sitting in an office for the next twenty - thirty years.

That's a shame. There's great work out there for people with IT degrees.
    NBCPass wrote:
    Received a new email this morning.

I haven't received this email yet. I only did my assessment last night though.

• Advertisement

Dean. wrote: »
    That's a shame. There's great work out there for people with IT degrees.

I haven't received this email yet. I only did my assessment last night though.

I am still weighing up my options. I might stay with the IT work.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Just finished the Online testing.

Only got 2 of 6 right on the Logical Reasoning. When i finally figured out how to do it properly, the timer went and i was locked out.

Think i did ok on the rest...hopefully

I think I got 5 out of 6 right for that one. Does anyone know how hard the marking is in these assessments?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wolf00

Hi, anyone know of age restrictions for the ESB apprenticeship. I know they say you have to be 16. I am 31, would this be a disadvantage? Anyone heard of anyone in their 30's who got these apprenticeships? Thanks

Wolf00 wrote: »
    Hi, anyone know of age restrictions for the ESB apprenticeship. I know they say you have to be 16. I am 31, would this be a disadvantage? Anyone heard of anyone in their 30's who got these apprenticeships? Thanks

I doubt it would make any difference. I'm 29 and applied.

• Advertisement

I have applied too. Just wondering as anybody I have said it to has said I am too old. That from what they have heard ESB only really want people in their late teens or early twenty's. Hopefully this is not the case as I really want this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Davey 180

Im 35 and im in the process of applying! Im waiting on the examinations board to post out my leaving cert results so i can continue my application!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Convictcleary

Hi all, sent in my application last night. Just wondering how long does it take to receive the email prompting you to to do the aptitude test? Thanks in advance

I got the email the next day.

I got the email the next day.

Did you receive an email confirming your application? I've received nothing since applying.

I didn't get a confirmation email that they received my application so I emailed them to see if they had received it. Got an email back within a couple of minutes saying my application was received, a couple of hours later I received the email with the login details to do the aptitude tests. I haven't done them yet, you have 8 days to do them.

I didn't get a confirmation email that they received my application so I emailed them to see if they had received it. Got an email back within a couple of minutes saying my application was received, a couple of hours later I received the email with the login details to do the aptitude tests. I haven't done them yet, you have 8 days to do them.

Just got mine about an hour ago, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SteJay

how do you do the test with the shapes in it? I couldn't understand it at all-the explanation made no sense when I done it

I flew through the other tests it was just the coloured shapes I couldn't get

• Registered Users Posts: 14 FranticDog96

Just finished the aptitude test earlier on. Was that the one with the colored shapes and numbers? You had to get the right sequence? Some of them threw me off course altogether as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 merro10

I done the online aptitude test last Friday. I never got an email to say it was received or anything like somebody said they did a few posts back. Should I be worried as it's nearly a week now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭liv1892

merro10 wrote:
    I done the online aptitude test last Friday. I never got an email to say it was received or anything like somebody said they did a few posts back. Should I be worried as it's nearly a week now?

I've got nothing either and did it on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 25 merro10

Maybe just the fact they have so many to get through. Interviews aren't until July so I suppose there's still a bit of time to wait and see. Here's to being optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭liv1892

merro10 wrote:
    Maybe just the fact they have so many to get through. Interviews aren't until July so I suppose there's still a bit of time to wait and see. Here's to being optimistic.

I emailed them just to make sure they got it

Anybody hear anymore from the ESB? Did an assessment ages ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5 S_r

NBCPass wrote: »

Just an email to say that they are currently looking over the assesments amd will get back to us shortly about tehe results. Did you recive this email too?

S_r wrote: »
    Just an email to say that they are currently looking over the assesments amd will get back to us shortly about tehe results. Did you recive this email too?

Yup. Got the same email after I did the assessment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

Can anyone explain how the last assessment ( shapes and numbers) was supposed to work.

I got completely lost on that and ended up guessing them :(

With negative marking in effect, I've probably blown it based on the last one...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mccartney11

NBCPass wrote: »

You won't hear till June/July after doing the assessment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

The reply I got a few days after the assessment was:

Thank you for applying for the ESB Electrical Apprenticeship 2015 and for taking the time to complete the online assessments.

We are currently processing all applications. We will be in touch shortly in relation to the status of your application.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Kind regards,

ESB Apprentice Recruitment Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 ocallyger

HI everyone!!
    done the online assessment, found thewm okay!!! some parts tricky and some quite manageable!!!
    got the email saying they have received my assessments and asll that, thats almost a week ago!!! anyone know how long until we find out if we get called for the next step or not!!!
    Also do you receive confirmation if you are not sucessful in the online applicagtions?????

Advertisement