Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB apprenticeship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭GLC

Bobby8819 wrote: »
    Iv applyed to te 2014 apprenticeship. Did the applitude test and was wondering has any1 got any info back from them yet or wen do they normally call forward for interviews??

Done it myself, no word back yet either, shouldn't be long now til we hear from them as it was mid May I believe I was called for interview two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bobby8819

GLC wrote: »
    Done it myself, no word back yet either, shouldn't be long now til we hear from them as it was mid May I believe I was called for interview two years ago.

Cheers.. Got an email t say that they would be in contact in the near future. Is that a email they send every1??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Oo Bruz3R oO

Cheers.. Got an email t say that they would be in contact in the near future. Is that a email they send every1??

Ye that is just an automatic email to confirm you finished the test. I am in the same boat (as MANY are) as you. Aptitude test done and waiting on a phone call. Hope others reply in the near future to let us know if they got a call or not. I think everybody likes to know where they stand. Fingers crossed :)

sorry for askin again im just eagerly awaitin info on if anybody got any more information from the esb t do with this years apprenticeships.. have been offered full time work abroad but i would rather stay put and do this if i get the chance.. So if anybody knws anything it would be much appreciated..

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭oreilly94

im not sure if youd be better off with this apprenticeship rather then working full time abroad. you are put on a starting apprenticeship allowance of €190 a week. iv also heard that the Esb dont usually hire the apprentices after their four years, though i think a few apprentices do be taken on.
    Back to your question, they are suppose to be getting back to everyone sometime in june

• Advertisement

Alrite lads got me phone call today for an interview on Monday week in portlaois.. Any 1 else lucky enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Liamomeara

Alrite lads got me phone call today for an interview on Monday week in portlaois.. Any 1 else lucky enough?

Ya I got the phone call for an interview Thursday week!

Anyone hear anything about a medical???

Middle of August before word goes out lad..

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Anyone heard anything? Might give them a phone call in the morning.

• Advertisement

Nope, nothing

Anyone hear anything today or yesterday? I'll email them in the morning to see what the story is...

Liamomeara wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything today or yesterday? I'll email them in the morning to see what the story is...

There is a new thread on here and I see some people have been caled for medicals or second interviews.. heard nothing yet myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 perch86

I just got call for medical tismorning :-D does that mean I'm in if I pass medicall does anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JB400

If you pass the medical you usually get in..thats what happened with us anyway

Thanks for your reply
    jb!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gaz2212

I did my medical on the 25th of August, the woman said everything was fine and I still haven't heard anything back from them? Would you say I'll hear anything or is that it?

Gaz2212 wrote: »
    I did my medical on the 25th of August, the woman said everything was fine and I still haven't heard anything back from them? Would you say I'll hear anything or is that it?

I did mine the same day.. I rang them yesterday cause I'm in same boat as you and they said they haven't gone threw all medicals yet and there was one group starting this Monday coming then another group starting on 22nd of this month and then another starting on 6 of October . So we'll obviously be in next two groups. Woman said on day that my medical was fine too so just sit tight I think till next week

perch86 wrote: »
    I did mine the same day.. I rang them yesterday cause I'm in same boat as you and they said they haven't gone threw all medicals yet and there was one group starting this Monday coming then another group starting on 22nd of this month and then another starting on 6 of October . So we'll obviously be in next two groups. Woman said on day that my medical was fine too so just sit tight I think till next week

Cheers mate that's a weight off my mind anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mccartney11

Anyone hear anymore lately? I need this apprenticeship and havnt heard since medical 3 weeks ago, don't wanna ring up and seem like a pest , read the above about the dates do you know how many days they tell you before that date?

• Advertisement

I did my medical in the 26th of August and decided to email them to see what was going on because I hadn't heard back... So I got a phone call yesterday and I was told I was on a reserve list... Then this morning I got an email to say I was unsuccessful even though I passed my medical... Any one else in the same situation ???

I did my medical in the 26th of August and decided to email them to see what was going on because I hadn't heard back... So I got a phone call yesterday and I was told I was on a reserve list... Then this morning I got an email to say I was unsuccessful even though I passed my medical... Any one else in the same situation ???

same situation as me man, got the email this morning:(

Well I'm gonna get on to them on Monday to see why I didn't get the job because I know I passed my medical...

Well I'm gonna get on to them on Monday to see why I didn't get the job because I know I passed my medical...

let us know what they say lad, might do the same myself if i get a minute

I still haven't even gotten an email to say I didn't get it? Dunno whether that's good or bad

Gaz2212 wrote: »
    I still haven't even gotten an email to say I didn't get it? Dunno whether that's good or bad

No news is good news lol, if you need to know soon ring head office and they'll put you through to recruitment who'll either ring you back or send out the email

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mulhallpj

I received a phone call last week to say I was starting on 6th of October great but still no word on where I would be based.... I have to say who ever is running recruitment this year is doing a horrible job, 2 weeks now till I'm supposed to start don't know where I'm going currently renting so don't know where ill be moving house... They are leaving people in the dark which I don't think is right or fair.... I've handed my notice in where I currently work so if I end up like some of you not getting job I will most definitely be taking this further through a solicitor! They can't do that to people......

mulhallpj wrote: »
    I received a phone call last week to say I was starting on 6th of October great but still no word on where I would be based.... I have to say who ever is running recruitment this year is doing a horrible job, 2 weeks now till I'm supposed to start don't know where I'm going currently renting so don't know where ill be moving house... They are leaving people in the dark which I don't think is right or fair.... I've handed my notice in where I currently work so if I end up like some of you not getting job I will most definitely be taking this further through a solicitor! They can't do that to people......

I'm in same boat. If I don't get contract by Fri I'm ringing them about it. Everyone is starting in portlaoise anyways I know that much

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mulhallpj

perch86 wrote: »
    I'm in same boat. If I don't get contract by Fri I'm ringing them about it. Everyone is starting in portlaoise anyways I know that much

I rang yesterday to see but know response took my name, number they are absolutely terrible in hr! U have given me the most information since I was told the 6th of October,portlaoise isn't too bad of a drive for me thank God.... By Friday I'll have left my other job so contract better come in the post a.s.a.p cause after Friday my job is gone worked for 6 years in this place to give it up for ESB so if I'm let down I'll go mad!

• Advertisement

mulhallpj wrote: »
    I rang yesterday to see but know response took my name, number they are absolutely terrible in hr! U have given me the most information since I was told the 6th of October,portlaoise isn't too bad of a drive for me thank God.... By Friday I'll have left my other job so contract better come in the post a.s.a.p cause after Friday my job is gone worked for 6 years in this place to give it up for ESB so if I'm let down I'll go mad!

Surely couldn't let us down at this stage. I'm the same. 7years working with company and finishing up tomorr.. I'm gonna ring them tomorr if I don't receive contract tomorr in post . They should have it sent out long go to be honest

Advertisement