Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photograph Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

Curracloe? What used to be Reid's shop in Ballinesker?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭vedwards

Afraid not Bearhunter...but close to the coast was spot on ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

vedwards wrote: »
    Afraid not Bearhunter...but close to the coast was spot on ;).

Somewhere near Kilmore Quay?

Nope Judgement Day...a little further inland rather than right on the coast. Wexford county has over 115km of coastline you know :D fact! This area (at least for me from my earliest memories) is synonymous with trips on 'the way' to a popular beach in the Sunny South East!

It's not on the Blackwater side of the Ballagh is it?

• Advertisement

Eeerm :rolleyes: Nope! As you can see from the photo the cottage really stands out in its clean white and shocking red colours and yet how many of us pass this on our way to one of Wexford most popular holiday beach resorts.
    I'll give it away with this clue (Leo Carthy RIP) and you'll admit that you've never seen it but next time keep an eye out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Cottage at Lady's Island.:)
    1st cottage on right as you head out of Lady's Islands towards graveyard / Lobster Pot / Carne!

RKQ wrote: »
    Cottage at Lady's Island.:)
    1st cottage on right as you head out of Lady's Islands towards graveyard / Lobster Pot / Carne!
    Spot on RKQ ;). Phew! I was getting worried there...

vedwards wrote: »
    Spot on RKQ ;). Phew! I was getting worried there...
    I recognised it immediately but just couldn't remember where it was.:)
    I haven't good a landscape photo to hand. Anyone like to post a new photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

wexford-wiggly-field-boundary-cropped.jpg

• Advertisement

Not very fair patff, unless your a Pilot or Sat Spy with MI5 or CIA.
    Maybe the Farmer will recognise his own field.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

patff wrote: »

Is it the Ducks foot field beside Donald's house 1 mile from Ducktown :D:D:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

one of the Teagasc Fields at ohnstown Castle???????

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Missent

Is the outline of a strip at the bottom of the curved field one of those private air-strips? If so, I know of two, one just outside Gorey and the other at Ardinagh near Taghmon. I'd guess the latter.

Reminds me of the time I was shopping in Wallace's of Wellingtonbridge and this fella came up to me and asked me where the airshow was. I nearly dropped my bottles of Mick's Chianti in surprise!

Missent wrote: »
    Is the outline of a strip at the bottom of the curved field one of those private air-strips? If so, I know of two, one just outside Gorey and the other at Ardinagh near Taghmon. I'd guess the latter.

Reminds me of the time I was shopping in Wallace's of Wellingtonbridge and this fella came up to me and asked me where the airshow was. I nearly dropped my bottles of Mick's Chianti in surprise!

Ardinagh and Wellybogs eh, draw a straight line between both and continue it in one direction. You won't be far off............

Thanks, Patff. Thought I had something good for my CV there for a while. Have dusted down my map of South Wexford and have my perspex ruler so I can see what I'm doing.....

OK, west of W.Bridge brings me to the coast south of Duncannon doesn't look like that countryside.

East of Ardinagh brings me north of Forth Mountain, then across the Slaney estuary at about Castlebridge and finally I hit the coast just south of Blackwater. On the airstrip theme, wasn't there something like that once just north of Castlebridge with a road round there called Old Airport Road or something?

I'll go for somewhere round Castlebridge as the land in the photo looks pretty flat and once you head north of there, it's pretty flat too.

Feck you mr Patff

This is wreckin me head, Turns out that the bit in Google Earth around Wellington Bridge to Ardinagh is one of the few bits of Wexford not in High Res :(

I'm fair sure that its somewhere off the road between the Coach house and Taghmon, but I'll be buggered if I can find it.

On a side note tho Woot, Bannow is finaly on Google 'Street' view, theres a fair unflatterin shot of Me Gradnad doin the gardenin :o

Feck you mr Patff

This is wreckin me head, Turns out that the bit in Google Earth around Wellington Bridge to Ardinagh is one of the few bits of Wexford not in High Res :(

I'm fair sure that its somewhere off the road between the Coach house and Taghmon, but I'll be buggered if I can find it.

On a side note tho Woot, Bannow is finaly on Google 'Street' view, theres a fair unflatterin shot of Me Gradnad doin the gardenin :o

to the southwestish of smellybogs and over the water near the used to be holy place;)

• Advertisement

perfect. any ideas why the boundary is like that?

I reckon to much Poitin or Magic mushrooms when the boundaries were marked out a long time ago. Or maybe Godzilla passed by.

infuriating :(

Zoom out to 1KM On that map link and you can see where I come from :eek:

Cant believe I scanned half of wexford and missed that

Good stuff, Patff.

Knew I'd get it right eventually.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

So there are two Ballygarrets in Wexford
    Can I hijack this thread with an easy post? Like so many I scoured google maps & Wexford Co co planing map to no avail. Well done Scaller!

Can you name the three young girls though?

Essie, Bessie and Tessie?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Can't name 'em but are they sitting outside the truck museum just past Scarawalsh?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

zerks wrote: »
    Can't name 'em but are they sitting outside the truck museum just past Scarawalsh?
    Is that what it is :eek: ??
    Spot on Zerks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

lovely day in the snow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Dougal.

I would say Shrule, Monasootha, Camolin with Slieve Bui in the background

Advertisement