Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photograph Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭vedwards

O.K here I go again! Somewhere in Wexford
    121639.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭acein1

ferns

Correct. The ruins of the monastery as viewed through St. Peter's Cemetery attached to St. Edan's (Aedan) Church. As I was passing through one evening the light on the ruins caught my eye and I turned the car around and attempted to capture the moment. Unfortunately, the photo did not do it justice.

Next photo....

We all know this famous landmark so no prizes there but can you guess from what other landmark was the photo taken?
    121774.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Nialloooo

top of dunnes in enniscorthy?? old mitch nortan mill

• Advertisement

I'm afraid not Nialloooo..but I like the way you're thinkin'

from the stepel on st adains church??

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

From the cemetery?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Bearhunter wrote: »
    From the cemetery?

I posted that? Why did it post from a different username?

From the cemetery?
    Sorry Nialoooo....Bearhunter AKA Jay Ennis is correct.

• Advertisement

Don't mind Jay, we're two different people, trust me. And as I'm at the end sof the earth and have no pics of Wexford, someone else feel free to go ahead.

Don't mind Jay, we're two different people, trust me. And as I'm at the end sof the earth and have no pics of Wexford, someone else feel free to go ahead.

Did you post it? I'm confused I know I definitely posted it, I used the spell check on cemetery :P Or did it not go through and you posted the exact same sentence at the same time?

Clearly great minds think alike. I know that view like I know my own withered face. Used to spend some time out at St Mary's. Twas a great spot for the courtin'.

That's some coincidence then!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

OK, this is not a photo. It's a 100 year old drawing of a very unique Co. Wexford farmyard.

The (Enniscorthy) Market Square?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

yola?

the bullring

The Fair Green in Enniscorthy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

The Layout is very like Yola.

• Advertisement

No to all the answers.

The farm doesn't exist anymore, and there's a clue in the drawing, ie. family name.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

The writing is difficult to decipher but can I hazard Parle? IF so Matty Parle comes to mind. I also recognise Shergar..often wondered where he ended up :D.

I'll try The Great Saltee

'scorthy wrote: »
    The writing is difficult to decipher but can I hazard Parle? IF so Matty Parle comes to mind. I also recognise Shergar..often wondered where he ended up :D.

I'll try The Great Saltee

very good, clearly not guesswork:cool:

here's where I found the drawing;

http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://www.kilmoreparish.com/Images/saltee_farm.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.kilmoreparish.com/saltees.htm&usg=__sZCLNvYPXf4lQyrH3kIXOtFOAdw=&h=294&w=400&sz=26&hl=en&start=1&itbs=1&tbnid=oLq2fzJrSttvdM:&tbnh=91&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dparle%2Bsaltee%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GGLL_enIE347IE347%26tbs%3Disch:1

Excellent piece on the history of the area including attitudes at the time. No shortage of informants back then either or how else could the rebels have been sourced to their Island hideaway. Spending most of my life in North Wexford I rarely venture South and embarrassed to say that I've never been to the Saltees :o. But there's plenty of time yet (I hope). I like the photos thread with a little history behind it.
    Well done patff...I had to do a little research on that one but was worth it.
    I'll post a photo is a short while.

ok. This one's for a little fun...light heartedness as you would. I wont ask you to name the character :D but can you tell me what village is this cyclist residing in?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

ok. This one's for a little fun...light heartedness as you would. I wont ask you to name the character :D but can you tell me what village is this cyclist residing in?

is it Craanford

scaller wrote: »
    is it Craanford

Spot on Scaller. Great credit to those involved in helping keep the village looking so well and picturesque. At Christmas they have a life sized nativity scene. Nice to see that there are no vandals around Craanford!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Spot on Scaller. Great credit to those involved in helping keep the village looking so well and picturesque. At Christmas they have a life sized nativity scene. Nice to see that there are no vandals around Craanford!

I had a feeling it was John Cooney standing beside the bike

122621.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 andyS8

Image142.jpg

Advertisement