Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitions (NO ASKING FOR VOTES)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

Afternoon delight
    This summer, Dublin's luxe Shelbourne hotel is firmly in the pink with a summer promo dedicated to all things blush, and the one we're most excited about is the pink afternoon tea served in the lovely Lord Mayor's lounge. Sample strawberries and raspberries, raspberry trifle, strawberry cheesecake, cupcakes, raspberry macaroons and pink Champagne jelly, not forgetting of course, a glass of sparkling pink Champers. One lucky PruZine reader and a guest will win an afternoon tea at the hotel, and all you need to do is send an email to win@prudence.ie with the word 'Shelbourne' in the subject line, including your name, address and phone number. Entries close at 9am on July 14th and winners will be announced next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

1.jpg
    Win a luxury overnight stay for 2 people with full Irish breakfast the following morning in the beautiful Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa in Cork
    To be in with a chance to win simply answer the following question:
    When did the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa in Cork first open its doors?
    Email your answers to info@thevenueshop.ie
    A lucky winner will be chosen on Wednesday 14th July..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

To celebrate the launch of our new website, we didn’t just bake a cake. We also decided we’re going to give away five completely free year long subscriptions to House and Home magazine.
    House and Home is Ireland’s best loved interiors magazine, and it’s completely jammers with useful tips, original inspirations and ideas that you can steal!
    Here’s what you need to do to be in with a chance of winning:
    • Leave a funny, unique or original comment on any article on this website.
    • (optional) Follow us on Twitter @houseandhomemag and tweet this message: “Just entered to win 1/5 free subscriptions to House and Home magazine! http://bit.ly/d7ZSb1
    • (optional) Like us on our Facebook page

• Sign up for our upcoming newsletter for loads of creative home improvement ideas and expert advice, delivered straight to your inbox!
    http://www.houseandhome.ie/blog/?p=1824

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 montymc

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Found number 5, if anyone wants it just ask! :D
    But can't find number 6! :eek:

Edit: Found all 6.

can i have number 6 please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Win 1 of 5 Kylie Goodie Bags, includes her new album and her perfume

http://www.rte.ie/fashion/2010/0706/minoguek.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

i won a coca cola jabulani on the coke thing... is ait a legit jabulani of is it a replica..??

i did some searching and cant find anything ....

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

No luck with my oxegen comps so doesn't look like i'll catch any of it now :(

anyways.... Recived €300 worth of Halfords vouchers instead of the Bike I won back in August! Gonna have a look through their website now :)

Toy Story 3/PS3 Comp on Pearl and Dean

Korvanica wrote: »
    i won a coca cola jabulani on the coke thing... is ait a legit jabulani of is it a replica..??

i did some searching and cant find anything ....

Judging by the site, it seems to lean towards that it is an official one, someone on here won 2 but you'll have to ask her dog if its authentic :D

Have a code ready to go here so hope I win also! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

L.S.F wrote: »
    someone on here won 2 but you'll have to ask her dog if its authentic :D

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    She Gave them to her DOG????

well theres €200 down the drain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭rameire

Win a signed Liverpool shirt

This is on the carlsberg football page on fb, you dont need to "like" the page to enter!!

Answer: Anfield

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭roroduff

I've always wondered if you dont click on 'the receive more information on the company section', are you still in the draw to win the prize because you have admited that you are not interested in hearing any news from the company? I mean are you somehow disqualified from the competition if you say no to their promotional emails

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lilminx

Closing date: 4 August 2010

Win a Roman holiday for two at the ultra-glam, calm, contemporary and classic Hotel de Russie.

http://www.instyle.co.uk/competitions/win-a-two-night-stay-in-rome

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lilminx

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭christinadublin

Win a 50euro voucher with Beaut

http://beaut.ie/blog/

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Korvanica wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    She Gave them to her DOG????

well theres €200 down the drain

There not proper official ball's! Just like €20 one's!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

eliza64 wrote: »
    Personally I don't like the vote for me kind of competition, I don't have a lot of friends who would vote for me. Most of my friends on Facebook are companies who run competitions.
    I agree with you, and although I also entered this competition a while back, personally felt that to contact my friends (also small in number) and ask them to vote would be annoying and would risk diminishing their number further (ok, I exaggerate, then they wouldn't really have been friends :D). For the same reason, I didn't ask anyone here to vote for me either.

Those kinds of competitions will probably always be won by those who pimp the most loudly and annoyingly (far moreso than anyone has here ;)), spamming their Facebook pals, texting everyone they know and perhaps making automated bots to vote for them (in fact, I noticed you could vote for yourself from the same machine by using different browsers - if all that's required to spamvote for yourself is deleting some cookies or randomising your browser's user agent string, it would be trivial).

Please keep up the great posts, they are much appreciated.

kerash wrote: »
    FYI, these are only for ESB's residential customers... people with Bord Gáis, Airtricity (etc?) can't enter it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

Best Western Premier Academy Plaza Hotel
    have a world cup quiz on their facebook page.
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/note.php?note_id=433422054082
    there will be 32 questions in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

mell61 wrote: »
    http://www.volvocars.com/ie/campaigns/lostinforks/Pages/default.aspx

Win a weekend in Ashford Castle and use of a volvo XC60 for that weekend.

I was playing this on the UK site - you can win a car there, but as usual not open to ROI, so on off chance checked out Irish site! Its kinda addictive:rolleyes:

I got an email today to say that I was in the 2nd round for this competition, has anyone else heard back from them? I'm hoping that it was too complicated an no-one else entered :P
    For the 2nd round I have about 36 hours to play, and one chance only - fastest time to a specified location wins (or at least thats my reading of the info).
    Anyone else doing this competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

L.S.F wrote: »

Have a code ready to go here so hope I win also! :)

It won!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

zynaps wrote: »
    I agree with you, and although I also entered this competition a while back, personally felt that to contact my friends (also small in number) and ask them to vote would be annoying and would risk diminishing their number further (ok, I exaggerate, then they wouldn't really have been friends :D). For the same reason, I didn't ask anyone here to vote for me either.

Those kinds of competitions will probably always be won by those who pimp the most loudly and annoyingly (far moreso than anyone has here ;)), spamming their Facebook pals,

Agree, wish the promoters would stop doing these types of competitions, they are nothing more than a popularity competition, with the person happy to spam the most winning, I for one will no longer get involved either entering or voting.. waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

zinfandel wrote:

Agree, wish the promoters would stop doing these types of competitions, they are nothing more than a popularity competition, with the person happy to spam the most winning, I for one will no longer get involved either entering or voting.. waste of time

I absolutely agree with you. More than one of us recently have entered comps that were advertised as a test of skill or knowledge, only to have the t&c altered afterward to make it a popularity contest. I try to stay away from this type as a rule but if the conditions are changed afterward you are sucked in. :-(

It is extremely disappointing to put the effort into a comp like this.

Back to some new ones!

Food and wine magazine have a case of Wolf Blass Presidents collection to give away. Just answer the following question: who is the chef at Gregans castle?

Email your address, name and phone number along with the answer to foodandwine@harmonia.ie and enter wolf blass July as the subject.

There is a competition for a weekend at Dunbrody House and a cookery course on phileadelphia.ie. Entrants must design a unique recipe using the sponsors product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jules176

Eoineo wrote: »
    I absolutely agree with you. More than one of us recently have entered comps that were advertised as a test of skill or knowledge, only to have the t&c altered afterward to make it a popularity contest. I try to stay away from this type as a rule but if the conditions are changed afterward you are sucked in. :-(

It is extremely disappointing to put the effort into a comp like this.

Back to some new ones!

Food and wine magazine have a case of Wolf Blass Presidents collection to give away. Just answer the following question: who is the chef at Gregans castle?

Email your address, name and phone number along with the answer to foodandwine@harmonia.ie and enter wolf blass July as the subject.

There is a competition for a weekend at Dunbrody House and a cookery course on phileadelphia.ie. Entrants must design a unique recipe using the sponsors product.

Sorry I have just asked you all to vote for me. Can we use this as a test case? The T&C's say that the judges will take the 'Thumbs up' into 'consideration'. There is currently one with over 1,000 thumbs up which is really good. I'll keep an eye on it and let you all know what happens. Thanks, please vote for me!!! I can win £10K - it has to be worth a bit of facebook spamming???

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭fluky1

if you join www.2night.ie there are competitions in the Free & Promo tab

mell61 wrote: »
    I got an email today to say that I was in the 2nd round for this competition, has anyone else heard back from them? I'm hoping that it was too complicated an no-one else entered :P
    For the 2nd round I have about 36 hours to play, and one chance only - fastest time to a specified location wins (or at least thats my reading of the info).
    Anyone else doing this competition?

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

eliza64 wrote: »
    Best Western Premier Academy Plaza Hotel
    have a world cup quiz on their facebook page.
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/note.php?note_id=433422054082
    there will be 32 questions in total.

How do you enter?

jc77 wrote: »
    How do you enter?

email them the answers tomorrow when they ask the last questions.
    the questions are in their facebook feed.
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/AcademyPlazaHotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 JD623

"Try to win a one-week break in a mobil home for 4 people at L'Houmeau, a little seaport in the North of La Rochelle. It's the best location to discover the charm of La Rochelle and Re Island !"

http://ie.franceguide.com/What-to-do/Seaside-resorts/Poitou-Charentes-Jeu-Enews

(apologies if already posted, don't think so though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

I won a luxury strawberry hamper from Bord Bia on Friday.
    I should recieve it early this week.
    So thanks to who ever posted about there strawberry photo competition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement