Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitions (NO ASKING FOR VOTES)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

Elliee wrote: »
    I won a luxury strawberry hamper from Bord Bia on Friday.
    I should recieve it early this week.
    So thanks to who ever posted about there strawberry photo competition.

Nice one Elliee...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cunninsu

zinfandel wrote: »
    Vote and win a €25 ShopIreland.ie / Amazon.co.uk gift voucher! Tomorrow (Monday 12th) at 5pm, we'll pick a voter from all who have voted so far. Be in to win!
    Share this URL: MOD SNIP: NOT HERE BUDDY

maybe this is the way comp organisers should go with the voting competitions, offer a prize so that random people will particpate and vote for the picture or story or whatever that they think best rather than the person with the most friends always winning. Would have preferred a slightly smaller prize for the winner and a bit more for the voters in the above one though.
    This way the sponser gets what they want , as in more fans and everyone has a more even chance, especially if they made an effort in the first place.
    Something to think about.

zinfandel
    Hi i'm new to boards.ie and i did enter the shopireland.ie competition. Yes, i'm number 13 (susan cunningham) for good luck yet I have a meagre 12 votes but i did put in a bit of effort here. I entered 6 photos (if you click to the right of the photo in each instance you can view all 6). I didnt know it was a voting comp and dont think i would have entered at all if i knew. I would appreciate your vote and i apologise in advance if this is not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭roseym

zinfandel wrote: »
    Vote and win a €25 ShopIreland.ie / Amazon.co.uk gift voucher! Tomorrow (Monday 12th) at 5pm, we'll pick a voter from all who have voted so far. Be in to win!
    Share this URL: MOD SNIP: NOT HERE BUDDY

maybe this is the way comp organisers should go with the voting competitions, offer a prize so that random people will particpate and vote for the picture or story or whatever that they think best rather than the person with the most friends always winning. Would have preferred a slightly smaller prize for the winner and a bit more for the voters in the above one though.
    This way the sponser gets what they want , as in more fans and everyone has a more even chance, especially if they made an effort in the first place.
    Something to think about.

zinfandel

Well it clearly hasn't worked with this comp. Not that the choice of photos to vote on is great to start with, but the photo that is winning by a clear country mile at the moment has to be by far the WORST up there - just a bad out of focus picture of a group of what looks like work colleagues in non-descript surroundings. Judging by the comments on it, it is only winning because of campaigning for votes (lots of "alison sent me" etc, at the moment it is on 36% of votes, and most others are around 1%!).
    At least some others put in a bit of effort for the theme of the competition, like the "cheap thrills" one or the one with the shop ireland sign super imposed onto the shopping centre. It's really annoying to see creativity shunted to one side by facebook campaigning!

(and no, I'm not anything to do with anyone participating in the comp, I just came across it via zinfadells link)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

roseym wrote: »
    Well it clearly hasn't worked with this comp. Not that the choice of photos to vote on is great to start with, but the photo that is winning by a clear country mile at the moment has to be by far the WORST up there - just a bad out of focus picture of a group of what looks like work colleagues in non-descript surroundings. Judging by the comments on it, it is only winning because of campaigning for votes (lots of "alison sent me" etc, at the moment it is on 36% of votes, and most others are around 1%!).
    At least some others put in a bit of effort for the theme of the competition, like the "cheap thrills" one or the one with the shop ireland sign super imposed onto the shopping centre. It's really annoying to see creativity shunted to one side by facebook campaigning!

(and no, I'm not anything to do with anyone participating in the comp, I just came across it via zinfadells link)

It has not worked because they have only today offered a prize to encourage random voters, up to now only friends of the entrants seem to participate so no chance of anyone catching up on the first place person, who I have come across so many times pimping for votes, its unreal :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

If anyone wants to like my picture

How do you 'like' a photo?
    I only use fb to enter competitions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

jc77, clock on the link and scroll down to below the picture there is comment or like. you just click like.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭roroduff

Bacardi Island on facebook have a comp for a trip to Ibiza

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lel44

on Facebook, become ''like'' the Bacardi page, then go to Island tab an fill in details to win a weeks holiday!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lel44

on Facebook again, Smirnoff ireland ''like'' then go to the tab Win Vancouver...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Won a weekend away to Cork with Newstalk. Well done Eillee. You are very lucky with the comps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

roseym wrote: »
    but the photo that is winning by a clear country mile at the moment has to be by far the WORST up there - just a bad out of focus picture of a group of what looks like work colleagues in non-descript surroundings. Judging by the comments on it, it is only winning because of campaigning for votes (lots of "alison sent me" etc, at the moment it is on 36% of votes, and most others are around 1%!).
    Yes, good point, and that makes entering those kind of competitions even more annoying (because your conscience would never allow you to be annoying and spammy enough to out-spam all the other competitors ;)).

It would probably be better if the images were displayed randomly, without mentioning the author, and a uniquely accessible URL. So the images would essentially be anonymous and random, encouraging fairer voting, until the competition ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

jc77, clock on the link and scroll down to below the picture there is comment or like. you just click like.

There is no comment or like :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Win 365 days in a hotel, with 5 years to use all 365 days.

http://www.greatestholiday.radissonblu.com/

I updated nerinonline.com there with comps

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

Fudge74 wrote: »
    There is no comment or like :(

you'll have to join that particular facebook page by clicking like on the home page, then go back into the photo's and you'll be able to click 'like'.
    hopefully...

toopybinoo wrote: »
    haha sorry guys the link is http://www.greatestholiday.radissonblu.com/michelle-gaffney/888142/

Thanks a million - what a prize!!!!
    voted for you and vodkat :)

@fudge74 are you logged into facebook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 toopybinoo

Im probably going to get shot for this but the comp closes today at 5pm.
    If anyone wants to like my picture ill share the ice cream with you if i win.
    Im only going to ask once so I wont clog up the board.

http://www.facebook.com/hbicecream#!/photo.php?pid=5143059&id=55029426975&fbid=411441366975

Thanks to anyone who votes.

Done elliee, hope you win :)

you'll have to join that particular facebook page by clicking like on the home page, then go back into the photo's and you'll be able to click 'like'.
    hopefully...

Thanks MC :o

toopybinoo wrote: »
    Done elliee, hope you win :)

done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

Really annoying but i can't access facebook from work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭AlmostFamous

picture0029.jpg
    I won a foosball tabletop...picture is of it after I assembled it.iypicture0029j

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Fudge74 wrote: »
    Thanks MC :o

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Paul Brady plays Bulmers Live at Leopardstown Thursday

we have a winner +1 to attend including Admission, a Racecard, option from the Summer feast menu and a long neck bottle of Bulmers or a soft drink

http://www.goldenplec.com/2010/07/13/competition-paul-brady-leopardstown-this-thursday/

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭fluky1

you can play the shopping trolley on Lidl Ireland on facebook get ten correct to enter draw for €100 shopping voucher

cant find the lidl comp trolley link. Where is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Coolaboy wrote: »
    cant find the lidl comp trolley link. Where is it?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/lidlireland?v=app_135285276490545&ref=ts

Thanks Noel. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

picture0029.jpg
    I won a foosball tabletop...picture is of it after I assembled it.iypicture0029j

Well done - am jealous, it looks cool!

http://www.spas.ie/competitions.html

Win a Spa Break in the Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa

comp_seascape_spa.jpg Spas.ie is giving you the chance to win a pampering break in Letterkenny’s Silver Tassie Hotel with a luxury treatment in their lavish Seascape Spa.
    The lucky winner will get two night’s Bed and Full Irish Breakfast midweek and a blissful Donegal Seaweed Bath in the Spa. You will also have time in the Aroma Steamroom and Relaxation Cocoon to really indulge.
    Closing date for entries is the 31st July 2010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 cunninsu

Just voted for her, i wish her the best of luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement