Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitions (NO ASKING FOR VOTES)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Saw this National Concert Hall competition:

To celebrate Summer, The National Concert Hall invites you to email us at info@nch.ie with your favourite summer holiday moment and what you love about summer?

Is it the smell of freshly cut grass, the feel of sand between your toes, picnics in the park or the smell of sun cream? The holiday you spent in Wexford? Your first summer romance sa Ghaeltacht?

Tell us your favourite summer moment or memories and be entered into a draw to win two tickets to a concert of your choice this July or August AND win an overnight stay for two in the luxurious Westbury Hotel in Dublin's city centre!

The winner will be chosen on Friday 9 July.

Email us now info@nch.ie

Events listing here:
    http://www.nch.ie/Box-Office/Performance-Listing.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

samson26 wrote: »
    All done - oh milkycoffey is a bit ahead of Vodkat!! Good luck to the pair of ye

Thanks! I've the whole place demented with it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Daily competition where you insert a unique code online from a promotional supervalu branded product to enter to win one of 50 GAA merchandise prizes daily.
    - Daily prizes include: Match Tickets, Official GAA Jerseys, O'Neills Footballs, O'Neills Sportsbottles, Mini Footballs and Pen & Keyring sets.
    - Closing date is 11pm on 5th September 2010.
    - You can purchase something to get a code or to obtain your free unique code write to 'Freepost SuperValu Heroes Promotion, PO Box 9608, Dublin 2'.

If you regularly go to Supervalu, let us know what the cheapest thing with a promo code is that they sell. www.supervalu.ie
    If you win something you must share it with snubbleste!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Done... Best of luck!!!

• Advertisement

http://www.drinkaware.ie/index.php?sid=12
    Win Tickets to Gorillaz/ Win Top Gear Live Tickets!

http://www.ivenus.com/index.php/competitions/961/

Couple of new competitions here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 toopybinoo

Vodkat wrote: »
    Would you guys mind voting for me again please!! I've been voting for everyone on boards that entered this comp every day!! Hoping one of us will win....

Thank you!

http://www.greatestholiday.radissonb...edmond/841140/

Voted again, and for all boardsies in this comp, so one for me? :) thanks, were doing well now! http://www.greatestholiday.radissonblu.com/michelle-gaffney/888142/

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭fluky1

I have voted for all of you and would appreciate if you would vote for my photos on shopireland facebook if you have an account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭carolireland

TVNow
    TVNOW/Select hotel competition
    Win a 3 night stay at Midleton Park Hotel (2 adults & 2 children)
    Answer: A) True
    Text TVSELECT4 with name answer and details to 53150
    or send with name of comp to 3 Ely place Dublin 2

TVNOW/Hellmann's competition
    Win a Hellmanns hamper
    Answer: True
    TVHELLMANNS with answer and details to 53150
    or post to address above with name of comp

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭carolireland

RTE Guide

Win a girlie weekend for 4 at the Imperial Hutel Cork
    Answer: B) Munster
    Text Guide1 plus b and details to57000 or ring 1515808911

Win a trip to Dublin Horse Show
    Answer TRUE

Win a Kylie album
    Answer C) Australia

Win a set of Tantastic
    Answer: True

Send your answer and details on a postcard to Dublin horseshow competition/ Kylie competition/ Tantastic competition
    PO Box 1480 RTE Donnybrook Dublin 4

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭christinadublin

toopybinoo wrote: »
    Voted again, and for all boardsies in this comp, so one for me? :) thanks, were doing well now! http://www.greatestholiday.radissonblu.com/michelle-gaffney/888142/

DONE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

Having to go through numberous posts of Vote for Me! is getting to be a bit of a pain.
    It's in the charter about this - see below
    Here's the charter for the Puzzles & Quizzes Forum.

This forum is for the posting of all things puzzle or quiz related. This includes links to internet puzzles or quizzes.

If you know of any upcoming table quizzes, post the details in the relevant sticky threads, so other boards members have a chance to come. DO NOT post a new thread for each one.

Answers or guesses should be placed in spoiler tags.

Discussion of PlayTV Puzzles is banned for reasons explained here

No threads which are basically pimping for votes, (eg "Vote for My entry!")

Anything off topic will be deleted.

Otherwise normal rules apply, no spamming, flaming, trolling etc.

Have fun.

Your comments are welcome

sorry sasser :o

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Visit www.maryborough.com and fill out a contact us form with the reference EZINECOMP in the comment box and be in with a chance to win A two night break for two people with dinner in our award winning restaurant on an evening of your choice. This can be redeemed at any time, midweek or weekend!

sasser wrote: »
    Having to go through numberous posts of Vote for Me! is getting to be a bit of a pain.

Yes you are right. perhaps its time we looked for our own forum.
    Apart from competitions we could have photos of prizes, discuss various websites with regular competitions and have a support me section.
    Personally I don't like the vote for me kind of competition, I don't have a lot of friends who would vote for me. Most of my friends on Facebook are companies who run competitions. So I thought the other posters on boards would not mind me asking for some support. I would like to think we are all friends here.
    I am always happy when one of us has a win.
    Thanks to the eight people who voted for me.
    Of course I will remove the my post asking for support.
    In future if anyone wants a vote from me just drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

Ah, i don't mind the vote for me requests, i think that if people are good enough to share info about comps, then the least we can do is throw them a vote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 samson26

remeneerb wrote: »
    Ah, i don't mind the vote for me requests, i think that if people are good enough to share info about comps, then the least we can do is throw them a vote!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

eliza64 wrote: »
    Yes you are right. perhaps its time we looked for our own forum.
    Apart from competitions we could have photos of prizes, discuss various websites with regular competitions and have a support me section.
    Personally I don't like the vote for me kind of competition, I don't have a lot of friends who would vote for me. Most of my friends on Facebook are companies who run competitions. So I thought the other posters on boards would not mind me asking for some support. I would like to think we are all friends here.
    I am always happy when one of us has a win.
    Thanks to the eight people who voted for me.
    Of course I will remove the my post asking for support.
    In future if anyone wants a vote from me just drop me a PM.
    sasser wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing, if we just started a new thread specifically for "Vote for me" type comps so this one doesn't get clustered up. It'd be easier to get votes as well as they would be all in the same place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Its fine when we are posting competitions for you to do but when we ask for a bit of support our posts are ' a pain'. Ive posted more competitions than i could count, like some others on this thread. I thought it wouldn't be much to ask for a vote. I'd completely understand if it was a stranger to the forum that had never posted any comps, who was asking for votes. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 samson26

The amount of times I've read people thanking Vodkat for posting comps that they won is a huge number so I have no problem with them posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

To be honest, i totally agree with Vodkat, there are lots of people that go to the bother of getting the info on all the comps (thanks guys!) and the least they deserve is a vote. Vodkat, Ellie and many others are constantly giving us comps and i think it's kind of mean if we can't support with a smile, sure it costs nothing :)

Its fine when we are posting competitions for you to do but when we ask for a bit of support our posts are ' a pain'. Ive posted more competitions than i could count, like some others on this thread. I thought it wouldn't be much to ask for a vote. I'd completely understand if it was a stranger to the forum that had never posted any comps, who was asking for votes.

Vodkat, I've also posted competitions and participated here, but to be honest recently I am finding all the crap posted a pain in the neck to trawl. And I was one who requested this for the charter because it gets out of hand. So as someone suggested, maybe email moderator and ask for a section where you post all these type of posts.

double post

sorry sasser :o

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

In fairness to Sasser I've also been finding all the voting stuff can clog up the thread. I don't mind throwing an odd vote here or there either, it's just it takes away from what the thread is meant for.

I've been sticking to the charter. Yet someone else posted about a voting-type competition that they were involved in and asked for votes. I am also involved in this competition and didn't ask for a specific vote. So I got penalised because I stuck to the rules and somebody else benefited because they broke them?

If there's a charter we either stick to it or scrap it - one or the other. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

I agree! ......Sorry if this post is clogging up the forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 JimRichardson

http://www.facebook.com/ulstertrader

Running a couple of competitions on their facebook page. Just click on the "notes" tab on their page to see them. Think there's two running at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'd just like to let everyone know that soliciting for votes is against the forum charter. Any posts asking for people to vote for them, will be deleted as spam.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement