Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

iguana wrote: »
    If you get the chance could you expand on this. I won't have a chance to buy the book in the next few days but the pain has stepped up a gear tonight (it's almost like a badly pulled muscle now) and I'd love to know a bit more about it. Maybe stop my brain going into overdrive about all of the negative possibilities.
    ok this is a direct quote from the book...
    "If you are especially attentive as you approach ovulation, you maybe able to feel a small lymph gland swell to the size of a small pea. This can be felt by lying down and placing your hand near your groin. By positioning your middle finger just over the pulsating artery of your leg, your index finger will hopefully be able to feel the tender and enlarged lymph gland. This usually indicates the side on which ovulation occurs."
    I have felt this on occasion myself but before I had any knowledge of its significance...
    I`m not sure if it`s cycle day 3/4 hormones but last cycle and this cycle I`ve been so extra sensitive and rowed with my husband about stupid stuff and it escalates into WW3. I`m feeling so lost and a failure not being pregnant, yet how can we when we`re not communicating.. All I can do is cry or get mad ...i dunno :(
    How do ye handle your emotions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Neyite wrote: »

I think one of the hardest things in a miscarriage is the fact you rarely get the comfort of a burial ritual.

Neyite and Custard Cream I am so very sorry for your losses.

Neyite, I know that the sadness of losing one twin will never disappear, but hopefully your thriving little bean will bring you so much joy and happiness that you fill find it hard to feel sad.

Just with regards to the lack of burial ceremony, the Miscarriage Association of Ireland often have memorial services for babies that were never born. I found it really helped me in my grieving process after my first miscarriage. You can record the short life of your baby in their rememberance book, and they often give you a token to keep as a reminder of your baby. I was given a Newbridge Silver Xmas decoration of a Dove, and it hangs above my bed and it always will!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

...the Miscarriage Association of Ireland ..

Well said CCL!
    I was on their website last week when I was feeling pretty down, am thinking of maybe talking to someone there. The memorial thing they do is really lovely. My due dat is coming up and I'm barely keeping it together. Yesterday should have been my last day in work :(

On a lighter note, I started my new meds last Monday (on cycle day 2). Went in for my first scan today. There are two follies growing on the right, 8mm and 9mm. I asked about the left but she didn't answer. I was told to keep taking the meds and come for another scan on Tues. She reckons I will be ready to trigger then. amazing - I'll only be day 10.:)
    Neyite, I didn't want to bother you with questions given what you're going through at the mo, hope you're doing ok hon x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Detectiv I hope you're ok, I found it difficult around my due date in March.
    The very best of luck with your appointment this week x

CCL that sounds lovely the memorial they offer, very touching way of remembering those little people we never got to meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I was on their website last week when I was feeling pretty down, am thinking of maybe talking to someone there. The memorial thing they do is really lovely. My due dat is coming up and I'm barely keeping it together. Yesterday should have been my last day in work :(

Sorry to hear you are feeling down, it is only natural that milestones will hit hard, I think talking to someone is a great idea. Please take care x

• Advertisement

thanks guys (((hugsies))) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Is yours the 7th DFT?? My due date would've been the 21st November and another on the 30th December. I honestly don't know how I feel about them and I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about them. All in all, I'm doing really well at the moment....but....yeah....I don't know....

ya the 7th, good memory Lucyfur!
    I just feel really hard done by and generally sorry for myself, and very angry. After the m/c I convinced myself I would be pg by now and that would help me cope with the dreaded due date, but alas it was not to be. It's so hard. I think I'll be ok on the day, it's just the lead up to the end and thinking how big (and tired!) I should be is real hard..

I'm the same DFT, I was convinced I'd be pregnant again by now...putting things on hold for a while has confused me greatly, even though deep down I know it's for the best, just til my head is right again...

Himself is googling trees we can plant at this time of year. I'd like to plant one on the due date.

oh how lovely. My orchid plant is still going strong, Remember I bought it that time in March? It sits on my fireplace so I get to see it everyday and think of my bean. During the summer all of the flowers fell off bar one. The plant was bare for ages except for this little fighter holding on against the odds. I knew it was my bean hanging around to watch over me during those first couple of months of pain. It eventually dropped off a couple of months later and I saved it, still have it. (the plant has since come back full bloom).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Fri.Day wrote: »
    ok this is a direct quote from the book...
    "If you are especially attentive as you approach ovulation, you maybe able to feel a small lymph gland swell to the size of a small pea. This can be felt by lying down and placing your hand near your groin. By positioning your middle finger just over the pulsating artery of your leg, your index finger will hopefully be able to feel the tender and enlarged lymph gland. This usually indicates the side on which ovulation occurs."
    I have felt this on occasion myself but before I had any knowledge of its significance...
    I`m not sure if it`s cycle day 3/4 hormones but last cycle and this cycle I`ve been so extra sensitive and rowed with my husband about stupid stuff and it escalates into WW3. I`m feeling so lost and a failure not being pregnant, yet how can we when we`re not communicating.. All I can do is cry or get mad ...i dunno :(
    How do ye handle your emotions?

Thanks for the info.

As for the arguing part, this is a tough time with a lot of stress attached sometimes. We've had some rotten doozies of fights at times and everything gets heightened when there is the added pressure of ttc. We have been making an effort to take time out when we can. To go to dinner or a movie and just relax and connect with each other at least once a week, more if possible.

Oh DFT that's just lovely:) I do remember. I remember the comfort you got from being in the garden centre too.

In the not too distant future, we're gonna be sitting here bitchin about smelling of vomit and sleepless nights ;) It's gonna be great :) x

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Oh DFT that's just lovely:) I do remember. I remember the comfort you got from being in the garden centre too.

In the not too distant future, we're gonna be sitting here bitchin about smelling of vomit and sleepless nights ;) It's gonna be great :) x

here here, my friend, here here ;)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucyfur, Detective - I will be thinking of you - its not an easy milestone you are facing, and hope you both get through your due dates ok.

Please feel free to ask any questions Detective. You probably will be ready for the trigger - remember you get scanned on CD10, then ovulate about 40 hours later so you are into CD12. Ovulation induction can shorten cycles, but since mine was already averaging 26 days it didnt shorten mine. I did have a luteal phase of exactly 14 days though on the meds.
    Seriously, ask away. I will do my best to answer :)

Crazy Cat Lady, thats a wonderful idea and I will be looking into it more.

Fri.day, TTC is so stressful its not easy. I'm glad to say that we have a very placid relationship and average about a row a year. Our last one was Sept 10 on hols and mostly drink and travel fatigue causing it. A bit redfaced the following morning when we copped. But yet, TTC got stressful - I generally tend towards humour when I get stressed - I used to have a right temper and would fly off the handle easily, but learned to replace my anger with humour some years ago. I dont know if it would work for you or not, but it helped me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

DFT I'm so sorry you're feeling so down Hun.. I know how hard it is getting to the due date & I hope once you get there that you'll feel a little better x massive hugs x here's hoping that those 2 follicles give you your baby you deserve so much!

Lucyfur, hope college is going good :) I'm thinking of you & DFT as your due dates approach x

oh how lovely. My orchid plant is still going strong, Remember I bought it that time in March? It sits on my fireplace so I get to see it everyday and think of my bean. During the summer all of the flowers fell off bar one. The plant was bare for ages except for this little fighter holding on against the odds. I knew it was my bean hanging around to watch over me during those first couple of months of pain. It eventually dropped off a couple of months later and I saved it, still have it. (the plant has since come back full bloom).

Wow Orchids are tough plants to keep alive ( I know, I've tried :)) the fact that yours is still going strong is a great sign xx

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

So neyite,

I had a period on 25aug after taking provera.

Had hsg on cycle day 7 (31st aug)

Then on what should of been cycle day 16 a spontaneous period arrive (9th sept)

I havent ovulated.in 18month.so dont know if I did this month but then on what would of.been cycle day 33 I got that bleed

Since coming off pill the only periods I had (except for the.one mentioned above) where all brought on by taking provera.

Very strange :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 irishgal2012

Hi Ladies!

Havent been posting much but I have been reading along! I was so sure I was pregnant this month, had all the symptoms, tender bbs, nausea, headaches, but nope, just my body trying to make me CRAZY!!

The witch came yesterday and so another month has begun..am on cd2...but if I do manage to get pregnant this month ill be due the day before my first wedding anniversary-what an anniversary present that would be!! :) (I know, a bit early checking due dates but like i said-this TTC is making me crazy! LOL!) Gonna try the SMEP this month and see how it goes! Should be fun trying anyhow!! ;)

****Babydust to all ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Nicky I once had a weird period like that where it was very very light & was just a day. This was years ago & I did a preg test which was negative. Are you doing the ovulation tests?

Irishgal I always look up my due date when I get my period so I can figure out what it would be if I get preg that cycle. I dunno, I just do it for fun I guess. If I'm preg this cycle I'll be due first week of July.
    Sperm meets egg plan seems to be the way to go. I don't know of any other plan that makes sense like it.

Well I've a week to go til AF due. Don't know, don't really feel like this is going to be the month, don't know why but there you go. It's probably better going into the last week not expecting much.

DT & Lucyfur hope you're doing alright.

Neyite, any bad preg symptoms coming along? Hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones who don't get sickness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

Hi ladies, can I join in too? This is our first month of ttc, we already have a daughter 5 years old and I got pregnant on her in a flash, so hoping for the same this time around :) I am doing the sperm meets egg plan although dh is making a balls of it as I am cd 8 and he is away until Thursday!! So dtd last night just to be safe :P then get into the programme on Thursday, I am crampy though already, I have ordered OPKs which should arrive tomorrow. Fingers crossed this is not early ovulation. How are you all getting on? Anyone on the TWW yet?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Nicky987 wrote: »
    So neyite,

I had a period on 25aug after taking provera.

Had hsg on cycle day 7 (31st aug)

Then on what should of been cycle day 16 a spontaneous period arrive (9th sept)

I havent ovulated.in 18month.so dont know if I did this month but then on what would of.been cycle day 33 I got that bleed

Since coming off pill the only periods I had (except for the.one mentioned above) where all brought on by taking provera.

Very strange :-/

That is very strange! Have you had your prolactin levels checked by any chance, high prolactin can inhibit ovulation and periods. Pretty sure if they sent you for the HSG and on provera they would have ran the test on your bloods, but do check anyway. Mine was high and I took a tiny tablet daily to bring it down to normal levels.

Hi Mink, I was doing ovulation tests to start with but as the bloods showed i neer ovulated i stopped doing them. Didnt really see the point seeing as i had to take provera to bring on AF.

Neyite- so i did a test and it was BFN! yes have had prolactin levels and all came back normal. Yes very weird as was heavy enough but then nothing. Back to see the consultant tomorrow so hopefully he will have some answers although i am struggling with very little voice from the hen weekend so hope i have enough to ask the questions! Have a lot to ask him and he annoyed me last time by saying if i was older he would send me for IVF but cos of my age he wont. Sooooooo frustrating - we are ready to start a family now and we have been ttc for 18 months with all tests coming back normal.

Nicky tell the consultant what you said above. There's no reason you should have to wait til you're older to do ivf. Hopefully you'll get preg before it comes to that. But you're dead right, you're ready to start a family now not when he feels it aligns to some arbitrary protocol.

Welcome allgirlz. Yeah I'm halfway through two week wait. How long is your cycle normally? Your hubby might be getting back right on time!

hopefully i can Mink. i couldnt respond to his 'well if you were 38 id send you for IVF but your not 38 so just keep faith - your still young' i just wanted to cry so was fighting back the tears. i hope i can say it tomo. yes i do have time on my hand but im 27 and we are ready now.

Fingers crossed mink for the rest of your 2ww and that AF doesnt arrive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

Mink wrote: »
    Nicky tell the consultant what you said above. There's no reason you should have to wait til you're older to do ivf. Hopefully you'll get preg before it comes to that. But you're dead right, you're ready to start a family now not when he feels it aligns to some arbitrary protocol.

Welcome allgirlz. Yeah I'm halfway through two week wait. How long is your cycle normally? Your hubby might be getting back right on time!
    Usually 26-27 days so I think we should be ok, am all excited thid month cannot go by quick enough! Good luck for your tww, I imagine it is hard going! Ae the rest of you carrying on as normal during the tww by the way? Drinking acohol etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Hope34

Well girls, on cycle day 43!!!!! total joke!
    definitely not pg, have done a couple of cheapie tests & they are starkly white, not even a hint of a second line.
    Gave up on the OPK's on around day 30 thinking that i had missed the surge. Had been having pains on the RIGHT side a couple of weeks ago & thought that was ov, then after had had AF cramps that seem to have just stopped.
    Weird thing is though had what was definitely EWCM on Sunday night & have pains behind LEFT hip now. There's no way my body is trying to ov again is it???
    Just want AF to start so i can start the AC. So confused / tired / frustrated!

Allgirlz I drink during 2 am wait. When I say drink I don't drink much anyway, mayb a few glasses wine every few weeks. I do feel a bit like " oh this could be my last drink for a year!" when coming up to test day. That early I don't think it's going to affect anything.

Hope it sounds like you could be ovulating right now! It could be that your body missed a cycle. I would get your groove on with mr hope for the next few days if I were you :-p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭longinforababy

Spoke to Roisin in CUMH today and waiting list is roughly 10 months!

She said to contact her next month to see if they have finalised the new criteria for qualification etc...

CD14 :OV'ing on left today, can barely stand straight with the pain of it... well at least I know its today, just one side though, last month ov'd on both sides ..

allgirlz wrote: »
    Ae the rest of you carrying on as normal during the tww by the way? Drinking acohol etc?

If you concieve babs won't be attached to your bloodstream until around the 6th week until then it lives off a yoke sac so anything you eat or drink during the 2ww shouldn't have any effect :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

I had a dream last night that I did a pregnanacy test & it was positive; I hope its a good sign; period due on Saturday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement