Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭longinforababy

fingers crossed Goodne

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Morning everyone. Well it's another day and just over a week since the d&c. I spent the entire weekend crying and had to take Monday off. So after a horrible weekend I'm feeling a bit more positive. Today is the first day of my healthy eating and daily exercise. I didn't put on that much weight in my first trimester only about 3 or 4 pounds but all of my clothes are a bit tight.

We have decided to start trying properly again in the new year. With my husbands previous illness I know we won't get pregnant by just "seeing what happens" but we both want to have no pressure for awhile. Anyway it's my birthday in a few weeks and then Christmas so we are just going to enjoy that and then I'll start the charting. I'm hinting for a weekend away for my birthday. That city deals website have great offers.

Another question for some of you. I never asked the doctor if he knew if the baby was a boy or a girl. I don't think he would have known would he? The baby stopped at about 9/10 weeks.

Oh one bit of good news my other half had his check up scans and blood work last week. He got the results the other day and everything is perfect. So that means that his check up's will be moved to two a year. Cancer free for two years now:)

Sorry for the long post but this thread is great and I really appreciate all your support:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Custard Cream sorry you had such a sh1te weekend, it's good you're feeling more positive now, I would have taken Monday off as well & that's brilliant re your OH being all clear on the cancer. I would probably take time out from TTC like you for a couple months as well. Fresh start in the new year and all that. Re the question re the sex of the baby, I reckon it would be too late to ask the doctor but if you really really want to know I guess there's no harm in asking him. Take care of yourself.

Fingers crossed for you Goodne. My period's due Mon....dun dun dun duuuun.

Longinforababy, what type of apt do you have to wait 10mths for? Is it just to start off with a fertility consultant?

As for me, sore boobs started up yesterday, but as always that can be cos of run up to period - due around Monday. My OH is now regularly asking after my boobs :D I hope he's not getting his hopes too high for this cycle.

Mink wrote: »

Longinforababy, what type of apt do you have to wait 10mths for? Is it just to start off with a fertility consultant?

Hey Mink,
    Yeah just for a consultation with CUMH under the HSE!
    If they decide then we qualify they will refer us straight back to Cork Fertility Clinic, Dr. Waterstone said if approved we can start a cycle straight after that... so hopefully in 11/12 months time (if our financial circumstances remain the same) we hopefully will be starting...

DH asked me the other night, how I felt about that, and I said "I dunno", he knew straight away I would rather get started now, however as he pointed out if we do get accepted then I will be in 3rd year of college and prob due the summer between 3rd and 4th year if sucessful and may have less college hours etc.. for the final year.
    I agreed but still cant get it out of my head, if I got money lets say won a small part of the lotto I would start tomorrow!
    I hate waiting, its all I have ever wanted, sounds greedy doesnt it... sorry

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Think I'm out. I took a test today and there was no sign of a second line. I'm 11-12 days past ovulation so the odds are something would have been visible by now. I guess I can console myself that at least I know now that my luteal phase isn't too short to get pregnant and I can feel a bit more positive about that with each day that my period holds off for.

• Advertisement

Longin that's not being greedy at all, you just want what you want, I know I want my pregnancy yesterday! Hopefully you'll get a positive before your apt, bet you will.

Iguana I'm about 12 days after ov but I'm not testing til next Monday, well... We'll see
    It's prob too early for it to show up on a test for you, do you feel AF coming on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Iguana I'm about 12 days after ov but I'm not testing til next Monday, well... We'll see
    It's prob too early for it to show up on a test for you, do you feel AF coming on?

I tested as I'm away on a course for the next couple of days and I didn't want any nasty surprises while I'm away. I'm not sure if my period is coming on or not. I'm having twinges but nothing definitive. But I had pretty full on breast pain for the last few days but it's starting to fade away now which it normally does a day or so before my period starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

haven't been posting much lately, but been popping in and out. Fingers crossed for everyone waiting :D after my crazy long cycle I've had a few major dental problems so TTC is being put on the back burner as i try to get my mouth in order and save for the work to be done.
    For some reason i really though this month would be our month (before dental problems) also my boobs have felt really tender not sore but just sort of soft and swollen? not sure whats causing this,maybe just hormones all over the place been crying since the end of sept when got last cycle for no reason. Was away on holiday and got the news that another friend was having a baby, and I'm ashamed to say that i was beyond jealous , its a friend of my OH going out with the girl as long as were TTC :mad: I really am delighted and happy for them , i think I'm just feeling sorry for myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

applesock wrote: »
    haven't been posting much lately, but been popping in and out. Fingers crossed for everyone waiting :D after my crazy long cycle I've had a few major dental problems so TTC is being put on the back burner as i try to get my mouth in order and save for the work to be done.
    For some reason i really though this month would be our month (before dental problems) also my boobs have felt really tender not sore but just sort of soft and swollen? not sure whats causing this,maybe just hormones all over the place been crying since the end of sept when got last cycle for no reason. Was away on holiday and got the news that another friend was having a baby, and I'm ashamed to say that i was beyond jealous , its a friend of my OH going out with the girl as long as were TTC :mad: I really am delighted and happy for them , i think I'm just feeling sorry for myself.
    Did you do a test? Sorry to hear that you are putting ttc on the backburner, I am in the middle of major dental work too but my dentist has a payment plan so am able to do both. Hope you are ok, I know how it feels to feel a bit jealous about someone else's good news. To my shame I felt a bit jealous of my very good friend getting pregnant and she has been ttc'ing for a while:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

hi allgirlz havent tested if my cycle is back to some sort of normality AF should be next thurs. Boobs just don't feel right this month lol. Thats brilliant you have a payment plan, i think i could be offered the same, but the stress of teeth wouldn't do ttc any favors for me. Hope you work goes ok. Its like you happy that their pregnant but jealous because your thinking why isn't that me etc well thats how i feel :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

Well my hubby is home this morning and my OPK test is positive so he will be busy when he gets home :D I have such a good feeling about this month, thanksfully work is quite busy and I have the next couple of weekends booked up as I would be demented otherwise! How is everyone else doing? Anymore tests being done?

Iguana I've same re boob pain, it seems to be getting worse each day & I'm going to watch for it easing off. I really think I'm going to get period early and it will come tomorrow or Sat. In one way I don't mind as it means a shorter cycle & can get started on the next round.

Applesocks, hopefully the dental stuff will get done quicker & you can get back off the subs bench :D I had a load of work done in the dental hospital some years back and it was such a relief to get it done, there's nothing worse than going around knowing there are problems in your mouth!

Allgirlz, good luck with getting jiggy with it for the next several days, hope to not hear from you!

I find it upsetting a little when I find out re someone I know getting up the duff, particularly when it's an accident, they don't know how it could have happened, first month trying etc. or ... they don't want to be preg. But it's so different when I find out someone on here is preg, it definitely gives everyone else hope, especially when it's someone who's been trying a while & had had to go through a lot of procedures to get to the hole grail!

I've been reading back through the whole thread bit by bit and it's amazing reading all the different stories & trials & tribulations. It's all so positive & supportive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

iguana wrote: »
    Think I'm out. I took a test today and there was no sign of a second line. I'm 11-12 days past ovulation so the odds are something would have been visible by now.

My tests were snow white until 13dpo. Even at 13 days it was faint, don't give up.

So many people waiting to test, I can't wait to hear how you all get on, best of luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Ms2011 wrote: »
    iguana wrote: »
    Think I'm out. I took a test today and there was no sign of a second line. I'm 11-12 days past ovulation so the odds are something would have been visible by now.

My tests were snow white until 13dpo. Even at 13 days it was faint, don't give up.

So many people waiting to test, I can't wait to hear how you all get on, best of luck x

I was 18 dpo when I got my faint line! Fingers & toes are crossed for ya Iguana :) good luck to all the 2 week waiters! X

I got great news today ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!
    After speaking with the girl in CUMH the other day, I followed up with an email directly to her... just to have contact.

2 missed calls in lecture today...
    Finally got through to her at 12noon... There was a cancelation for TODAY at 1.30! Rang DH and we legged it to Cork, got there bout 2.15 and they were so so nice...
    DR. was running late so met with him about 4pm...
    He has said....

YES to 2 goes of IUI under HSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(We just cut 10 months out of our waiting game!!!!!!)

He said it will take a few weeks to sign off on and get paperwork over to CFC and they normally stop for a few weeks over Christmas, and with funding, it could be the New Year when we get the ball rolling!

17% chance on each cycle.... I'll take that for a starting point!!!!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I got great news today ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!
    After speaking with the girl in CUMH the other day, I followed up with an email directly to her... just to have contact.

2 missed calls in lecture today...
    Finally got through to her at 12noon... There was a cancelation for TODAY at 1.30! Rang DH and we legged it to Cork, got there bout 2.15 and they were so so nice...
    DR. was running late so met with him about 4pm...
    He has said....

YES to 2 goes of IUI under HSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(We just cut 10 months out of our waiting game!!!!!!)

He said it will take a few weeks to sign off on and get paperwork over to CFC and they normally stop for a few weeks over Christmas, and with funding, it could be the New Year when we get the ball rolling!

17% chance on each cycle.... I'll take that for a starting point!!!!!

WOW !!! Excellent news. Now celebrate - you might only have another couple of months to raise a glass of the proper stuff ;)

I had only 20% odds on my 3 goes with OI, and it worked for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I love reading this thread, your all so nice and supportive, Hope you all get the news you want this month.
    Due to ovulate in the next day or two so we will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Longinforababy: thats great news.
    I'm so impatient - I'm going to test first thing tomorrow (not due until Sat/Sun). Think maybe I have an addiction to seeing negative on test results!! Been thinking positive all week although I have no signs that I am getting my periods nor any signs that I'm pregnant. I will let ye know how it goes tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Due to ovulate tomorrow. need to focus on not thinking about the 2 week wait now. doubt we'll be so lucky to have it happen so quick but fingers crossed!!

• Advertisement

That was some stroke of luck, fate, whatever you want to call it longinforababy. Delighted for you, tis meant to be. Now you can really enjoy your Xmas and new years knowing things are rolling.

So I guess iguana, goodne and I are all about to either get a positive or a period. And Sarahbro and java are about to ovulate ..... Oh the suspense! Did I miss anyone?

Think I might be out, cramping a bit and sore boobs, exact same as last month when I had convinced myself I was preg and then ended up having the worst period ever. Will be interesting to see if taking evening primrose oil all month has done anything to help my cycle.

How are you guys ms2011, neyite and tigress?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Hope34

Longinforababy that is fantastic!! U deserve it!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Well I didn't even get as far as testing; woke up this morning with my periods a day early. Anyone else notice their cycle shorten when they take Maca? Cycle was only 27 days this month & last and I'm usually 28/29 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Sorry you're out Goodne, that's a bummer.

Longingforababy, what great news! I sooo hope it works for you on one of the goes.

AFM, I was scanned again on Tues and the 2 follies had grown, measuring 12mm and 13mm respectively. Last few days was mental (I had a mid week wedding). The clinic asked me to come in again today for another scan, I'm just home now. One of the follies backed off growing but the other became dominant and is now at 22mm! I am good to go. Just did my ovulation trigger injection (Ovitrelle) and I'm not to have sex tonight but to have it Sat, Sun, Mon. The ladies in the clinic were so nice and they all thought that the drug worked perfectly. I am only day 13 and they know by my history that I have super long cycles so they were all ooh-ing and aah-ing about how well it's going and that it's pretty cool that I was ready to trigger already (for long ovulators like me it can be Day 20 before the follies are ready for trigger, even with all the meds - thank god my body cooperated - I've already spent €400 this week on scans alone [€100 per scan]!).
    They were much happier with one egg than two (speaking of which I was sorta disappointed that there weren't two but they said I should be really happy with one and that it is the outcome they much prefer).
    So - this will be the shortest cycle of my life, but now that I'm almost entering the dreaded Two Week Wait I already feel like the cycle has being going on for months!! hehe
    by the way, something interesting, all my ovulation twinges were on the right this month (as usual) but the two follies are on the left, mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Have been kinda stabbing pains in my lower right adomen today. Would I be right in saying it's probably ovulation pains?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Longingforababy that's amazing news :) so happy for you! I really really hope the IUI works for you!

DFT that all sounds very positive :) here's hoping that 22cm follicle will result in a baba! Great news :) enjoy the jiggy time hehe

Mink keep positive :) hopefully it'll be your month!
    I'm good thanks! Finished work now on Doc's orders so just taking it easy.. Finally on single digits on the countdown! 9 weeks to go!

Best of luck to all the 2WW! X

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Sorry you`re out Goodne, I know it`s so disapointing so be nice to yourself over the weekend.
    Mink + Iguana fingers and everything crossed..
    Longingforababy and DF, fantastic news, the cost of all this TTC can weigh heavily on our pockets and minds...The money we`ve saved for our mortgage will be gone if we have to go down this road, and gladly so.
    Sarahbro, allgirlz and Java good luck with yer weekend sessions(keep hydrated;))
    We need a few more positives on here for inspiration!!
    We`re having one hell of a month coming up - moving house, ovulating and our "proper" honeymoon.
    I`m spending most of my free time over the next 2 weeks packing boxes and having sex!! We`ll be finding out if we`re successful or not the 1st day of hols!! Ive been having weekly Acupuncture so hopfully this is it!
    Got another georgous kitten last week, great fun watching the 2 playing and being silly, although I might kill her if she gets pregnant first!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

How are you guys ms2011, neyite and tigress?
    Doing good thanks. I have got off really lightly with the symptoms - no sickness, and have a bigger appetite, and need to pee more often. I get tired a lot, but thats not even on my radar cos I'm so happy to be preggers. We are focused on that, and have our sad moments from time to time but dont we all?
    One of the follies backed off growing but the other became dominant and is now at 22mm! I am good to go. Just did my ovulation trigger injection (Ovitrelle) and I'm not to have sex tonight but to have it Sat, Sun, Mon. The ladies in the clinic were so nice and they all thought that the drug worked perfectly. I am only day 13 and they know by my history that I have super long cycles so they were all ooh-ing and aah-ing about how well it's going and that it's pretty cool that I was ready to trigger already (for long ovulators like me it can be Day 20 before the follies are ready for trigger, even with all the meds - thank god my body cooperated - I've already spent €400 this week on scans alone [€100 per scan]!).
    They were much happier with one egg than two (speaking of which I was sorta disappointed that there weren't two but they said I should be really happy with one and that it is the outcome they much prefer).
    So - this will be the shortest cycle of my life, but now that I'm almost entering the dreaded Two Week Wait I already feel like the cycle has being going on for months!! hehe
    by the way, something interesting, all my ovulation twinges were on the right this month (as usual) but the two follies are on the left, mad!
    Thats a whopper follie! hope its a good un! I got all my scans included in the monthly price of 300, whether it was one or 5 scans that might have been needed. I got all my ovulation twinges on the wrong side too - I got them on the left when my big follies were on the right one. I think my nurse was spot on when she said the pain was the follicle growing, not erupting.
    Best of luck with the shagging this weekend, and hope its a lucky cycle for ya. :D
    javagal wrote: »
    Have been kinda stabbing pains in my lower right adomen today. Would I be right in saying it's probably ovulation pains?
    You would be right. :) Go forth and multiply ;)
    Goodne wrote: »
    Well I didn't even get as far as testing; woke up this morning with my periods a day early. Anyone else notice their cycle shorten when they take Maca? Cycle was only 27 days this month & last and I'm usually 28/29 days.
    Ah, sorry to hear you are out this month - I know the feeling well - I prescribe wine, and chocolate, and confined to the sofa for the weekend.
    Fri.Day wrote: »
    I`m spending most of my free time over the next 2 weeks packing boxes and having sex!! We`ll be finding out if we`re successful or not the 1st day of hols!! Ive been having weekly Acupuncture so hopfully this is it!

Happy shagging! New house, new baby, my mother is fond of saying. My sis got acupuncture too and it worked for her.

Good luck to all the ovulators !!

Great to here you're both doing well neyite and tigress. Can't believe only 9 wks left for you tigress! How many weeks are you now neyite?

DF fingers crossed for your 2ww, by the way what does ETA and RE stand for? Saw these abbrev in one of your earlier posts and can't figure them out. This thread is sometimes like the times crossword puzzle ha ha. Really hope your follicles do their thang

Java get down and durty girl, sounds like it's time. I don't notice ov twinges myself ( or mistake it for wind) but I know loads on here do.

Goodne I think I may be joining you in the AF/cd1 corner. Fierce cramping going on below, can't really ignore it now. For next cyle going to pump hubby with vita and I might try a wee bit off cough syrup and preseed. One thing going for me this next month is hubby is no longer doing night shifts so it's way easier to get loads of roiding in. Might also look into maca.

Friday make sure to christen every room in the new gaff!

Anyone else get woeful skin after coming off the pill? My face is in a jock at certain times of month and not necessarily before AF. It has absolutely nothing to do with what I eat, skincare routine etc. It was grand on the pill so I know it's all hormonal, just wondering if someone's tried something that helped.

Right if AF comes tomorrow, I'm staying in with a bottle of wine and the fire

• Advertisement

How many weeks are you now neyite?
    I'm 11 weeks tomorrow. :) I have an appointment to go to the maternity endocrinology clinic to discuss management of my prolactin issue during pregnancy on Wed. They said that I would probably be scanned then too, so the OH is coming in for a look too.

It feels great to finally get into the system. The first time I rang to check they got the letter the receptionist lied to me, saying that the letter only arrived that morning, when I know for a fact that it was posted to them a full week before. Thats a reassuring first impression of the place that will manage my child's birth safely. :rolleyes:

Then they sent me my first appointment date of 1 Dec, when I would be nearly 17 weeks, and I was considered a risky pregnancy, due to the prolactin and twins. The receptionist kind of fobbed me off when I rang after my last scan, telling me to ring my GP, so I went to the GP and she told me that she would write to the early pregnancy unit about my little twin not growing but not to get my hopes up - that 17 weeks was early for a first appointment here in Galway as normally its 20 or 22 weeks. :eek: She said that she would scan me at 12 weeks if I wanted, which I thought was better than nothing - if I heard a heartbeat I would be happy that all was ok.

The endo secretary that rang me to bring me in was not impressed with the lack of care I had got so far from the HSE, and told me I need to stand up for myself more, to get the care I deserve. She told me that the EPU was there for this very reason, and that I could walk in whenever I wanted. Which I was never told by my GP :mad:, despite my loss of a twin, and my prolactin levels being really high. The GP told me that if I had bleeding or pains (of which I had neither) I could walk in, but led me to believe that I wouldnt be seen otherwise.

If we hadnt paid for two private scans at 7+4 and 9+4, we would not have discovered the twins, nor the loss of one, and a doctor hasnt even looked at my scans or discussed it with me - it was a fertility nurse that scanned me.

I feel as if the HSE have done away with the 12 week scan for cost reasons, and seem to have this attitude like "meh, we'll see which women manage to carry their babies successful out of the first and second trimester, and examine only them" :confused: I know maybe they think that having a baby is totally natural, but nothing about my efforts to concieve to achieve a pregnancy has been natural, its understandable that I want to talk to a obsetrician about it. The last time I was physically examined by an OBGYN was nearly this time last year - I have had a hell of a lot of meds and changes in my body since then.

Gah! sorry for the rant - as I said, hopefully the professor I see on Wed will reassure me. If her secretary is anything to go by, I should get an extensive exam and any questions I have answered.

Aside from that, I'm doing great. I get tired and hungry more often, and very thirsty, but not a jot of sickness, and the odd minor growing twinge. My tum has changed shape, pre pregnancy, my tum was flat, and my waist quite small, but I have a definate curve below the bellybutton and my waist a lot thicker. Starting to get an outie too! :D In baggy clothes I am grand - for work I wear a swingy cardi and a trailing scarf, but at home I am out and proud.

I have been checking here every day - really hoping to see a few more of my ttc buddys come over to the pregnancy forum. This thread is due a few BFP's ****Baby Dust to you all*****

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement