Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I got my dates wrong. I have now abandoned expecting my cycle to be same as before I went on the meds, and instead am counting 14 days exactly after ovulation, which since I know when it exactly happened due to my trigger shot, therefore as of tomorrow morning at 9.30am I will be officially late.

But, my boobs are killing me, I am a cranky git, I want to give out about something but cant care enough about anything to yell about :o Im more hungry than usual, and getting that dull sensation (no pain yet or cramps) that usually signal that my period is on the way. I think Im Hormental. :(

Did anyone else who ended up preggers feel like they were about to get their period on a successful cycle?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Neyite wrote: »
    Did anyone else who ended up preggers feel like they were about to get their period on a successful cycle?

I went to Tesco convinced my period was coming and bought my supplies, 6 weeks and an embarrassing realisation later and I was 10 weeks pregnant! But it felt so like a period I never even suspected pregnancy!

Hoping for the best for you Neyite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

yep, each time I've been pregnant I've been convinced my period was about to start any second, the symptoms were identical. fingers crossed for you so!

Wolfpawnpat, glad you had a good day at the zoo today :) hopefully you will have a brother or sister soon for your wee man :)

Detectiv sorry your cycle didn't result in a bfp this month, fingers crossed the injections will make the difference and get your positive :)

Fri.day, it is really technical, it took me months to get my head around it! it sounds like you did ovulate Sunday so fingers crossed you did enough trying Sunday/Monday to get that positive :)
    I never temped myself, so unsure of how much a peak in temp is required to confirm ovulation or not.

Nicky, glad to hear all went well with the HSG, hope the results come back all clear x

Lucyfur fingers crossed the sore boobies are a good sign! As for bottling his swimmers, if they can bottle nuns piss then there should be a good market for good swimmers :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Yup. I deffo felt like my period was coming. It's very common as the hormone that causes all of those symptoms (progesterone) has a sustained peak during the two week wait, whether you're preggo or not. Sort of cruel really. There should be clear preggo signs from the day of ovulation! The two weeks are pure torture!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I felt 100% like my period was coming the month I was pregnant. I was so sure it was coming I kept going to the bathroom to check every hour or so for days as I kept thinking it would start any minute. It took a week for it to occur to me that maybe I was pregnant after all.

And only then it was because my husband spilled something on the carpet and I nearly screamed his poor head off. I wouldn't let him help me clean it up because he was too useless and when the dogs came over to see what was wrong with me I shouted at them too and then burst into tears because I was unfair to them. Then I knew I was pregnant after all.:o

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

You guys are awesome! Cheered me right up that did. :D

Ok, so still hopeful for another while so!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I drank 3/4's of a bottle of wine to drown my sorrows as was so sure it was coming!!!!! Doh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

iguana wrote: »
    I felt 100% like my period was coming the month I was pregnant. I was so sure it was coming I kept going to the bathroom to check every hour or so for days as I kept thinking it would start any minute. It took a week for it to occur to me that maybe I was pregnant after all.

And only then it was because my husband spilled something on the carpet and I nearly screamed his poor head off. I wouldn't let him help me clean it up because he was too useless and when the dogs came over to see what was wrong with me I shouted at them too and then burst into tears because I was unfair to them. Then I knew I was pregnant after all.:o

I got implantation bleeding on day 28 (late ovulation as opk positive day 18) of my last pregnancy and only realized it wasn't my period when it didn't continue after day 28. Felt like a period ( hormonal and uncomfortable) and looked like the start of a period but more brown than red.

Old Mother Nature keeps you hoping and messing with your head - the wagon!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Baby74

I used to be on here a while back and said i was going to take a break from the whole TTC so I stopped posting on here and other forums. Have enjoyed reading all your updates. Hope you all get your BFP really soon.

Anyway, im day 33 today no sign of AF :) .. my head is wrecked cause I didnt get a lh surge on OPK this month then on 21st Aug had ovulation twinge on left side (dtd on 18th Aug and 22nd Aug) so think there was a good chance it happened. I got twinges on left side for a few days and this was strange for me. Anyway my AF normally comes on day 32 so when it didnt come yesterday I was dumbfounded and then nothing again this morning. Im very weepy and a bit moody dont really have any cramps just little niggles on left side every now and again. There is whiteish cm this morning.

Dont have the heart to test yet just in case its not positive.
    Any comments will be sooooo welcomed.
    Baby dust to us all xxxxxxxx

This morning I got a positive on both an internet cheapie and a First Response. A bit faint, but a line is a line, I think I’m finally pregnant. :D:D

During the night, I woke up with curl-up-in-a-ball period cramps, so figured it was on the way, and resigned myself to waking up to that dreaded sight, but to my surprise there was nothing. So I tested with a cheapie and got a faint line, then with my heart pounding I went to get the First Response but I had already thrown away my little jar of pee so had to try again and only a little came out. The First Response one had a faint but definite pink like too.

So I scared the crap out of himself by roaring and blinding him with the light, and showed him. Never ever seen him so happy!

Since the nurse had warned that the Pregnyl could give a false positive I really didn’t want to get my hopes up but called the clinic not long ago and she said that the Pregnyl is defiantly out of my system by now so the lines on the tests are proper lines!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Congrats Neyite!!!!!!!! Pass on the baby dust. I'll bet you're grinning ear to ear all day.

I'm on day 15 of my cycle, don't expect to ovulate til Mon as I'm a 31 day cycle. I've been using the Tesco's brand OPK's & the past two days the test line has been darker than previous tests but not darker (or same as) the control line.

I'm going to take that as a sign that things are on the way... a bit.

So I'm being sexually demanding with the OH :D however, we were supposed to "try" night before last and while he was getting undressed he started giving out stink about something stupid I'd done earlier :o . By the time he was under the covers I was well put off & he was dismissed from having to perform his duty :P Note to hubbie, bring up things that are annoying you AFTER the deed, at least I'll be all happy & chilled out & can deal with it better.

Mink wrote: »
    Congrats Neyite!!!!!!!! Pass on the baby dust. I'll bet you're grinning ear to ear all day.

I'm on day 15 of my cycle, don't expect to ovulate til Mon as I'm a 31 day cycle. I've been using the Tesco's brand OPK's & the past two days the test line has been darker than previous tests but not darker (or same as) the control line.

I'm going to take that as a sign that things are on the way... a bit.

So I'm being sexually demanding with the OH :D however, we were supposed to "try" night before last and while he was getting undressed he started giving out stink about something stupid I'd done earlier :o . By the time he was under the covers I was well put off & he was dismissed from having to perform his duty :P Note to hubbie, bring up things that are annoying you AFTER the deed, at least I'll be all happy & chilled out & can deal with it better.

You need Angry Sex. Ever see Friends when Monica is mad at Chandler but she is ovulating and seduces him anyway, then gets mad afterwards? That. All's fair in love and babies! ;)

Hope you get a good run at it, and that this is your month.

Yep - I'm in a daze, OH rang me at lunchtime and I dont think its sunk in for either of us. We have waited so long for this to finally get pregnant on Cycle 29 of trying. He admitted that he thought that the Pregnyl+Clomid would not work but was not saying it to avoid getting me down. There are a couple of little twinges that are happening in my tummy but I'm trying to stay relaxed and remember what will be will be, and that this is the furthest we have ever came on this journey.

Baby74 wrote: »
    I used to be on here a while back and said i was going to take a break from the whole TTC so I stopped posting on here and other forums. Have enjoyed reading all your updates. Hope you all get your BFP really soon.

Anyway, im day 33 today no sign of AF :) .. my head is wrecked cause I didnt get a lh surge on OPK this month then on 21st Aug had ovulation twinge on left side (dtd on 18th Aug and 22nd Aug) so think there was a good chance it happened. I got twinges on left side for a few days and this was strange for me. Anyway my AF normally comes on day 32 so when it didnt come yesterday I was dumbfounded and then nothing again this morning. Im very weepy and a bit moody dont really have any cramps just little niggles on left side every now and again. There is whiteish cm this morning.

Glad you are back. I have little niggles and twinges, but not a spot of blood. same cm as you though and boobs are achy. and as for my moods - thunderous was not the word. But, this morning I got my positive, so do test. If you look at my posts yesterday, you will see i was convinced my period was on the way. ***Fingers Crossed for You****

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

detective - he said at a glance things look ok but would get full results when im back with the consultant which isnt until another 6 weeks :-/ They had to have a few attempts so not sure if everything is ok?? He has kept me on provera but has stopped the clomid after two cycles as i just wasnt ovulating on it. Was you ovulating on the clomid but just not concieveing??

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

neytile - fantastic news - bet you havent stopped smiling. Made up for you both!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Neyite - I'm delighted for you; you must be over the moon. Good luck

OOOOOOOOOOOH Neyite, holy cow I am so happy for you both. It's been a long road for you.

That really have given me such a huge lift... im so afraid to test yet though.

Its nerve wrecking going to the loo but have to say AF seems to be staying well away. I have a test at home so might try wait until tomorrow or sunday to test.

CONGRATULATIONS GIRL chuffed for you

Baby Dust to everyone else who is still trying xxx

That's sooooooooooooooo fantastic neyite! Huge congrats.

- go on go on go on! Tommorow morning first thing right! Go for it!

oh girls stop... i cant even think about it.... obviously its at the back of my mind all the time. The bottom of my back seems really achey but I dont want to get my hopes up! We are supposed to book a week away from 16th Sept but am even putting off booking it in case i cant fly haha!!

my SIL is expecting twins (their first) in Feb - delighted for them now but when i found out i was upset wishing i would get news like that!

I think hubby is afraid to ask if I got AF or not haha.

I actually cant beleive how nervous i am about testing ... I wud have thought I would be jumping to do it... Have to say I havent stopped praying since last week.. I would be soo happy

Thanks girls from a terrified Dublin girl xxx

• Advertisement

oh girls stop... i cant even think about it.... obviously its at the back of my mind all the time. The bottom of my back seems really achey but I dont want to get my hopes up! We are supposed to book a week away from 16th Sept but am even putting off booking it in case i cant fly haha!!

my SIL is expecting twins (their first) in Feb - delighted for them now but when i found out i was upset wishing i would get news like that!

I think hubby is afraid to ask if I got AF or not haha.

I actually cant beleive how nervous i am about testing ... I wud have thought I would be jumping to do it... Have to say I havent stopped praying since last week.. I would be soo happy

Thanks girls from a terrified Dublin girl xxx

I was terrified too. Still am. I got a really sore back yesterday too - lower area, just over the bum. We had resigned ourselves to no holiday this year to pay for more clinic treatments, but all going well in a few weeks, we might be able to take a short break somewhere. You can fly unless its too near your due date I think up to 10 weeks before it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Neyite, absolute massive congratulations :D delighted for you and Baby 74 test, test, test. Love it when there are happy stories, it keeps the rest of us hopeful :D

Neyite, how long are you gone at this stage???
    Im getting the sweats just reading all your messages lol, its just last year i went 35 days without AF and then bang but i just a little different at the mo.

i was going to say now change the subject but I cant haha. anyone else testing at the moment apart from lucky lucky Neyite haha

Just in relation to flying I have read that it may cause miscarriage so i dont think i would take the chance!!
    xxx

Grawns I might wait for you to test... best of luck with it x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

O M G ..................congrats Neyite!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D
    Absolutely delighted for you!

What a lovely thing to read on a Friday afternoon. Baby74 go test too...!!!

Babydust to all...maybe it'll be catching :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

CONGRATULATIONS NEYITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm so happy for you. I actually welled up a bit reading your post.:o:o:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

OMG NEYITE!!!!!!! Huge huge huge congratulations!!!! Ok so I'm hormonal and tired at the mo but started crying when I saw your post!!!! Such amazing amazing news after such a long difficult wait!!!! Yeaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! So so so delighted for ye!!!!!!!
    With regard to the pains etc - I had severe cramping accompanied by lower back pain from weeks 4-6! Don't know if u remember but I was sure I had miscarried!! It's just all the stretching and adjustment that happens in first pregnancies and some people feel it worse than others!! So obviously be cautious but don't stress!!! If any blood see doc straight away, I didn't have any but went to doc with severe cramping and she agreed with me I was probably losing it but said only time could tell - then it turned out to be twins ( rip one little angel). So seriously don't stress!! Enjoy your long waited positive!! The clearblue digital are great Craic! Watching it go from 1-2 to 2-3 weeks etc.... Sure what's another 20 quid on tests at this stage and it's really reassuring!! Yeaaaahhh!!!! So so happy fir you!

I'm almost 16 weeks now, had a couple of scans as they keeping a close eye due to the loss if one twin but we are still blessed with one healthy beautiful baby! Think have a vomiting bug today, feeling awful and bad cramps in my tummy but I don't think they are near the baby so hopefully ok! Having a weekend if rest to help sort myself out and make sure baba ok!
    Thought I was feeling flutters during the week but now I think it may be the tummy bug!!! Haha!!
    While I'm not posting alot, I'm reading all the time and wish you all the best of luck with your current cycles!!
    Baby74.... Test test test. ;-)
    Baby dust! X

Neyite, how long are you gone at this stage???
    Im getting the sweats just reading all your messages lol, its just last year i went 35 days without AF and then bang but i just a little different at the mo.

i was going to say now change the subject but I cant haha. anyone else testing at the moment apart from lucky lucky Neyite haha

Just in relation to flying I have read that it may cause miscarriage so i dont think i would take the chance!!
    xxx

Baby74, My cycles were short - average of 26 days, but when I moved onto the clomid+pregnyl its artificially extended them a tad, so if I counted from CD1 (6thAugust) then I should have had my (unaltered )period on CD26 (31stAugust) but because its usually almost exactly 14 days after ovulation that a regular period is due, I counted from Ovulation day (19thAugust) since I took the trigger shot on 17th August which makes you ovulate within 36hrs. Therefore my due period counting from ovulation was this morning.

Grawns, are you due to test too? ooooohhhh!!!

I keep going to the loo to check my undies - I still cant believe it. I just want to go home and grin like a half with at my OH. I still feel faintly premenstrual, but praying that this bean (or beans - I did have 3 follicles this cycle :eek:) stays put!

Thank you all for your kind wishes. :)
    Without this forum, this thead, and the friends I have made here, I may have given up long ago. Its here where I have asked questions, moaned, cried, stomped around and it helped me through the next cycle. You all certainly made this TTC journey so much easier to bear when I had your cyber-shoulders to cry on and it feels great to finally share good news after all the disappointing news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Oh Neyite, a million congrats to you and your OH, I am so thrilled for you both xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Oh Neyite, congratulations :D:D
    I had a sneaky look on here this morning to see if you`d posted and even I was disappointed when there was nothing by 11am :rolleyes:
    :)
    We`re all sexed out now and I`m crossing everything myself for this 2 week wait!!
    We didn`t wait for my first AF after m/c so we`ll see.
    Is there anything I should or shouldn`t do while I "might" get lucky??
    I`m not drinking tea/coffee/alcohol and continuing the folic acid...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement