Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

That makes three of us on the ovulation train tonight. And three cranky ladies who want to be left alone, despite the fact we have to shag.

Offer it up ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I just told my OH that I want to have sex about as much as I want to stick my head in a pile of cow sh!te:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Horrible Lucyfur is horrible :o:p

PMSL I heart your seduction technique ;):D you had me at 'cow ****e' :D:p

Fingers, toess (& in my case legs ;)) crossed for ye three hormental ovulaters!

Someone send me some motivation vibes across the interwebs to make me do the stack of ironing please?

Fri.day that little kitty sounds like the perfect distraction for the moment, I hope you're ok x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Neyite wrote: »
    That makes three of us on the ovulation train tonight. And three cranky ladies who want to be left alone, despite the fact we have to shag.

Offer it up ladies!

I was like that this month but like a good little soldier I did the deed. Think I totally missed my ovulation date though so twas wasted energy!

Any word from custard cream.....so exciting for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Morning all
    Well I'm sitting in work eating my toast with a ridiculous grin on my face. I just can't stop smiling every time I think of it:D Caprilicious, you were spot on. I did the clearblue as soon as I got in the door last night. Pregnant popped up straight away. My hubbie looked like the cat that got the cream all night. He is delighted with himself. He actually can't wait for his next scan at the mater ( cancer check ups) so he can tell the oncologist his swimmers are in working order.

I'm still a bit in shock to be honest. It doesn't feel real at all, I suppose I thought I'd be feeling sick or something but I feel great. Heading down to boots later to get more folic acid and the pregnancy vitamins. This is really silly but my sister is getting married next June and I'll be due in May. I'll but HUGE going up the aisle but I don't care. Keep thinking that my little baba will be there!!! OMG I can't wait to tell my Mom. But I'll wait a few weeks till it settles in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Morning all
    Well I'm sitting in work eating my toast with a ridiculous grin on my face. I just can't stop smiling every time I think of it:D Caprilicious, you were spot on. I did the clearblue as soon as I got in the door last night. Pregnant popped up straight away. My hubbie looked like the cat that got the cream all night. He is delighted with himself. He actually can't wait for his next scan at the mater ( cancer check ups) so he can tell the oncologist his swimmers are in working order.

I'm still a bit in shock to be honest. It doesn't feel real at all, I suppose I thought I'd be feeling sick or something but I feel great. Heading down to boots later to get more folic acid and the pregnancy vitamins. This is really silly but my sister is getting married next June and I'll be due in May. I'll but HUGE going up the aisle but I don't care. Keep thinking that my little baba will be there!!! OMG I can't wait to tell my Mom. But I'll wait a few weeks till it settles in.

AHHHHH....CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm sure you can't stop smiling alright.....am dead jealous but thrilled for you!!!! :D

Bit of a pregnancy epidemic at the moment...so babydust to all :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Huge Huge Congrats Custardcream, I'm over the moon for you. I can remember feeling the exact same way as you the morning I tested, I just couldn't believe it, I took a pic of the test on my phone and brought it into work with me so I could keep looking at it cos I felt for sure I'd imagine the second line :)
    I'm eight weeks today and it still hasn't sunk in properly, I'm having a private early scan next week as I can't wait until 14 weeks to have my rountine one in the hospital, when I see my baba on screen it might eventually sink in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hugs massive congrats Custard Cream. Delighted for the two of you :D

My AF arrived this morning so I'm back in working order, I'm trying to decide though do we try this month or wait til after we've been to the miscarriage unit mid next month. My heart says try, but my head says wait. What do ye think ladies?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

thank's newbie. Just keep charting that cycle. I literally had three possible ovulation dates. My average cycle is 32 days based on a year. So I counted back 14 from that. I also counted back 14 days from 35 days which was my longest cycle and 14 days back from 28 which was my shortest. Added to that time to replenish the swimmers and listening to the body for aches and pains. It has been a busy year.

I'm going to stick around here for a while if that's ok, I like it here:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Congratulations Custard :D Absolutley delighted for you hun!!! Here's to a healthy happy 8 months ahead :) xxx

You should get the Pregnacare Original instead of the Folic Acid, I was told about it the month before I fell preg and it has everything your body needs for pregnancy & you can take right up till baba is born & if you decide to brest feed you take it till you finish :) they're really good & when I went in for all my appoints the Mid-Wife recommends you take them! Boots usually do a 3 for 2 on them too :)

So happy for you hun!

As for all the moody ovulators I hope the angry sex was good hehe nothing like a little angry sex every now & then ;)

I'm off the sex train for the forseeable future :( cause of the pelvis prob that had arisin I've been told no nookie...

My fingers are crossed for your 2 week wait :)
    Neyite I hope one (or more) of those follicles gives you your BFP this month x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Congrats Custard Cream & MS2011! This thread works!

Barbiegirl, I got my AF today too. I've never experienced a miscarraige so I can't talk but I'd say just take as much time as you need.

AF came a lot heavier than the ones on the pill, no warning whatsoever. It's a 31 day cycle. I'm just thankful that I got a regular period at a normal time after coming off pill, at least I have a little prediction of when ovulation might be.

OH will be disappointed, we went out and bought a babygro on weekend just for the craic, it was nice to buy something like that, just need to fill it (or put the cat in it as a substitute - joke)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Well, we managed it, yay:D

Serious ovulation cramps, hoping it's a good sign...have been very crampy at ovulation since the ectopic...Thought I was ovulating from my good side but cramps are on both sides today. Never thought I'd be so concerned and monitor cramps so closely:o

Tigeress, hope you're ok, is it SPD? xx

Barbiegirl, delighted you're back on track, do whatever feels right chick. I felt ready to try again straight away after the miss but this is our first month trying since the ectopic. I think it's something only you and himself can decide xx

Ms2011 :D:D:D

Cap, LMAO at hormental...that's my new fav word :D

FCUK OFFFFF I'M HORMENTAL.....<3 it!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

barbiegirl wrote: »
    My AF arrived this morning so I'm back in working order, I'm trying to decide though do we try this month or wait til after we've been to the miscarriage unit mid next month. My heart says try, but my head says wait. What do ye think ladies?

I'm in a similar boat. My husband should be taking the last of his medication on Monday and the doctor said it should stop effecting his hormone system within a few days. I'm on CD1 today so that would leave us clear to start trying again this cycle. But sperm takes 74 days to make meaning that until November 4th any sperm in his system was made while he was on his medication. We know that the meds interfere with his hormone system and the sperm motility but there has never been any tests done as to whether it interferes with sperm production and alters it's DNA.

My head says we should wait until November to start trying again so we can be 100% sure it's safe. I desperately want to start trying again and my husband is really pushing for us to try asap but if waiting 2 months could make everything safer shouldn't we wait? I feel a bit like I'm being forced into being the bad guy.:(

It's also our 5th wedding anniversary next week and the 3rd anniversary of the conception of the pregnancy I miscarried. I can't believe that it's been 3 years since we decided to start a family! It's really a good thing you can't see into the future because if I had known when I miscarried that 3 years would pass without a baby (and that one of our dogs would lose a leg and my husband get incredibly, nearly fatally ill) I know I would have lost it.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

One of the Hormentallers checking in. (love that word too! it really sums me up today and yesterday)

Well, we did the deed too - gotta give it another go when I get home, but jaysis, the pressure sometimes! :p

Its bad enough to have the "I'm-ovulating-gimmie-your-sperm-gawdammit" sex, but having the I'm-ovulating-gimmie-your-sperm-and-if-you-dont-we-will-have-to-have-another-clinic-visit-gawdammit" is so bad we were laughing (a touch of hysteria in there as well)

There is an adult shop on my way home and I am so tempted to stop in and make a few key purchases ;) to make life a little easier for us, whaddya think? Poor lad deffo earned a spicy thrill last night.

Ya gotta wonder at the hormones though, why make us demons at the very time we should be biologically fighting them off with a stick. Unless maybe men are more attracted to boilers?

On the countdown at work. Boss is a headwreck*. Either trust me to do something and F**k off or dont trust me and do it yourself and F**k off. Either way, F**K OFF!!!!

*might be a touch of the hormentals tho

There is an adult shop on my way home and I am so tempted to stop in and make a few key purchases ;) to make life a little easier for us, whaddya think? Poor lad deffo earned a spicy thrill last night.

Do it do it do it :D

TTC is such a chore at times, spicing it up is a must:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Tigeress, hope you're ok, is it SPD? xx

Sorry hun I'm terrible with Acronym's.. What's SPD? I'm good have to go to Physio to try ease the pains but it's very worth it! Been feeling baba move for 2 weeks now & on Thurs I felt the first kick & himself felt them too which was an amazing experience :) he was literally jumping around lol

How's your little boy doing? All back to being well I hope x

Tigeress wrote: »
    Sorry hun I'm terrible with Acronym's.. What's SPD? I'm good have to go to Physio to try ease the pains but it's very worth it! Been feeling baba move for 2 weeks now & on Thurs I felt the first kick & himself felt them too which was an amazing experience :) he was literally jumping around lol

How's your little boy doing? All back to being well I hope x

SPD is symphysis pubis dysfunction...it's where the pelvis moves during pregnancy and causes inflammation and pain:(

Delighted you're feeling movement:D

Yup, he's all well again thankfully but I'll be bring him to the doctor as soon as we get back-he's having far too many tummy upsets and migraines :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

A million congrats to you and your OH custard, well done to you both on hitting the jackpot!! xxx

Well, add a 4th to the ovulation train. I got a +OPK today. Not jumping for joy about it seeing as doc said there was no eggie, but I am getting ovulation pain and am SEVERELY horny the past 3 days, and made good use of the feeling I might add ;). I could tell you a really funny story about a curly wurly but I'd say the mods would kick me off the thread, lol!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

A million congrats to you and your OH custard, well done to you both on hitting the jackpot!! xxx

Well, add a 4th to the ovulation train. I got a +OPK today. Not jumping for joy about it seeing as doc said there was no eggie, but I am getting ovulation pain and am SEVERELY horny the past 3 days, and made good use of the feeling I might add ;). I could tell you a really funny story about a curly wurly but I'd say the mods would kick me off the thread, lol!!:p

Lucy, hope your little lad is beter soon.

Congrats custard. Brill news.

DFT, you HAVE to tell the story of the curly wurly, just not fair not to... Come on spil.......

Do it do it do it :D

TTC is such a chore at times, spicing it up is a must:D:D

Well, I got me a few things on the way home and surprised himself with them after dinner. Oh boy! totally took our mind off babymaking...we got our mojo back \o/

Welcome fellow ovulator :D No harm in giving it a practice run ;). What is this curly wurly of which you speak?
    Spill!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

I'll regret telling this story, I just know it!

I've been doing the couch to 5K since Monday and having a hard time of it. Wednesday (day 2) I felt dizzy and light-headed after it. Today a friend in work recommended eating a curly wurly before my run today, said they are good for short term fuel and will prevent the light headedness.
    So I get home, curly wurly in hand, all ready to go for the big run. But then I felt tired so said I'd get into bed for 1/2 an hour before I do the run. I got into bed and opened the curly wurly and ate some, as I reckoned it wouldn't be a good idea eating it too close to the run in case I got a stitch. An hour later I wake up to OH getting home. He comes up and we have a chat about our days, me still half asleep. Anyway, the 'urge' took me and I told OH to climb into bed for a 'hug'. Before I know it we're having some amazing sex and all is good in the world. We finish up and Oh flips over and we both clock big brown streaks all over the bed. We then clock each other, and we both can tell that each of us is thinking the other had some sort of fecal related incident mid coitus. Then I remember the curly wurly and exclaim that it's chocolate, and told OH why I was eating it (I never eat chocolate so he was uber confused). We collapsed in laughter at the whole incident, particularly the odd look of shock we gave each other before realising what had happened!
    Needless to say the sheets were changed post haste, as it appeared a dirty protest had happened in our bed! LMAO

• Advertisement

I'll regret telling this story, I just know it!

I've been doing the couch to 5K since Monday and having a hard time of it. Wednesday (day 2) I felt dizzy and light-headed after it. Today a friend in work recommended eating a curly wurly before my run today, said they are good for short term fuel and will prevent the light headedness.
    So I get home, curly wurly in hand, all ready to go for the big run. But then I felt tired so said I'd get into bed for 1/2 an hour before I do the run. I got into bed and opened the curly wurly and ate some, as I reckoned it wouldn't be a good idea eating it too close to the run in case I got a stitch. An hour later I wake up to OH getting home. He comes up and we have a chat about our days, me still half asleep. Anyway, the 'urge' took me and I told OH to climb into bed for a 'hug'. Before I know it we're having some amazing sex and all is good in the world. We finish up and Oh flips over and we both clock big brown streaks all over the bed. We then clock each other, and we both can tell that each of us is thinking the other had some sort of fecal related incident mid coitus. Then I remember the curly wurly and exclaim that it's chocolate, and told OH why I was eating it (I never eat chocolate so he was uber confused). We collapsed in laughter at the whole incident, particularly the odd look of shock we gave each other before realising what had happened!
    Needless to say the sheets were changed post haste, as it appeared a dirty protest had happened in our bed! LMAO

Love it!!! Great story. I take it you didnt get out for a run in the end??? I can just picture the looks on your faces when you saw the sheets. Made me laugh so much reading your post.

Glad you got your few toys and enjoyed them after all every girl needs a little toy!!!

Got a great laugh reading tonights posts.

Looks like lots of good lovin going on tonight..

I take it you didnt get out for a run in the end???.

No need. Plenty of exercise was had by the sounds of it. ;):D

Detective, thats hilarious! They do say that chocolate is an aphrodisiac. I must get out for a run, havent done it in ages. It took a while with week 1 as I had to skip the last few runs on the program each time, and got to the stage where I could do almost all the running bit, so must get back into it again and graduate to week 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Its bad enough to have the "I'm-ovulating-gimmie-your-sperm-gawdammit" sex, but having the I'm-ovulating-gimmie-your-sperm-and-if-you-dont-we-will-have-to-have-another-clinic-visit-gawdammit" is so bad we were laughing (a touch of hysteria in there as well)

We had a few sessions that were like that, it was so surreal we would break down laughing at the total lack of romance, makes it hard to get in the mood alright :D

Tigeress so happy you're feeling your baba move, can't wait for that :)

Happy lovin' to all the O'ers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

iguana wrote: »

I'm in a similar boat. My husband should be taking the last of his medication on Monday and the doctor said it should stop effecting his hormone system within a few days. I'm on CD1 today so that would leave us clear to start trying again this cycle. But sperm takes 74 days to make meaning that until November 4th any sperm in his system was made while he was on his medication. We know that the meds interfere with his hormone system and the sperm motility but there has never been any tests done as to whether it interferes with sperm production and alters it's DNA.

My head says we should wait until November to start trying again so we can be 100% sure it's safe. I desperately want to start trying again and my husband is really pushing for us to try asap but if waiting 2 months could make everything safer shouldn't we wait? I feel a bit like I'm being forced into being the bad guy.:(

It's also our 5th wedding anniversary next week and the 3rd anniversary of the conception of the pregnancy I miscarried. I can't believe that it's been 3 years since we decided to start a family! It's really a good thing you can't see into the future because if I had known when I miscarried that 3 years would pass without a baby (and that one of our dogs would lose a leg and my husband get incredibly, nearly fatally ill) I know I would have lost it.

I think physically and emotionally we are ready it's just that if it goes wrong again it will delay tests in the miscarriage clinic ultimately possibly delaying us getting to hold a baby, but what if we conceive and it all goes well? Head wreck

Girlies you have all made me laugh so much with the sex stories hilarious :-)

I think physically and emotionally we are ready it's just that if it goes wrong again it will delay tests in the miscarriage clinic ultimately possibly delaying us getting to hold a baby, but what if we conceive and it all goes well? Head wreck

Girlies you have all made me laugh so much with the sex stories hilarious :-)

Hi Barbie,

I think I would wait. I know when we first went for tests I found it comforting that all came back clear with no reason why i should not go full term, I know that sounds groundless as we still have not managed to go full term but at least no reason why it keeps happening.

So my advice to you would be to wait and get yourself checked in the long term it will save you so much stress. I have a feeling the next time you conceive will be the time you get your baby pink/blue socks barbie.

You know in your heart what you need to do and in the end go with that.

xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

oh the tales of late have me in bits laughing :) at least can still have fun :) i got the OH today not as moody as the other day so fingers crossed.
    was telling my dad we had new addition to the family ( was talking about our new kitten) and he was like your pregnant !!! your going to make me a grandad, i told him to get l*st and started laughing and ran home....
    maybe i will this month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you - I'm an avid reader of this thread even though we are not TTC yet (I just know I may have sone issues when we do start to try after our wedding next year so have loved reading people's stories and learning all about the process, probably sounds a bit weird!) I'm a pharmacist and we would have done very little on conception, when to test, ovulation signs etc in college but yesterday I had a patient in who was TTC looking for some advice and only due to you ladies I was able to help her so thank you! x

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

I've been very emotional today so now wondering if i got my dates wrong & actually my period is coming... i watched sex and the city and sobbed all the way through it getting dumped at the alter ( me and other half are engaged) and charlotte getting pregnant was all to much. Feel so down today, I've actually just been saying a pray that I'm pregnant by christmas. In the new year if no success i will go to the doctor. I think also the impending birthday thats has been stressing so much.
    Hope everyone is keeping well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Custard cream, that's fantastic that you're positive is confirmed, so exciting!!!

Tigeress you poor thing that sounds painful. If its any consolation after me hounding my other half for nookie every ovulation time of month for the past year, he's now getting no sex til we reach the 12 week mark (just to be on the safe side!)

Ms2011 best of luck with your scan :) Hope it seems more real then :)

Barbiegirl, I don't know the in's & out's of what the miscarriage clinic will do but if it was me personally I think I'd try anyway this month.
    Could you speak to your gp or someone in the clinic to see if they would advise that you abstain from trying this month?
    I always hated the thoughts of missing a month trying, but I'm an impatient git at the best of times in these matters so that's probably why!

Iguana I think you should also go with your head on this one if you're unsure. Can your GP give you any assurances on the dna/sperm being impaired from your husbands medication or is it an unknown?
    My fear would be if you did get a positive before November that you would spend the following 9 months stressing about the possible implifications of the medication.
    That said I have no clue about the medication so it might be 100% fine.
    It sounds like the past few years have been very testing for you, please God your husband coming off his meds is the start of a brand new positive period including a bfp!

Mink thats really good that your period is regular so soon after coming off the pill. hopefully your positive will follow soon!
    Neyite wrote:
    Ya gotta wonder at the hormones though, why make us demons at the very time we should be biologically fighting them off with a stick. Unless maybe men are more attracted to boilers?

This is something I often wondered. Normally I was least in the mood around ovulation time!

Agree 100% with spicing things up, definitely helps :D

Omg Detectiv absolutely wetting myself here at your curly wurly story!!!!! funnier still is I remember you posting on fb last week that the curly wurly gave you extra energy to complete your jog that night.
    Thinking now of the before the jog story is feckin hilarious!!!!

Applesock unless its your 50th birthday looming then please don't stress yourself. fingers & toes crossed you'll get your bfp if not before this birthday then v soon after x

Angeldelight that's brill that you were able to help that woman out! its amazing the knowledge you can acquire through this thread alone!

Its also amazing how misguided people can be some times about their cycle and when to ttc in general. (myself included til I came on here!)
    Not long ago someone advised me that the 'best time to conceive was in the middle of my period' :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement